• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

cntr

Banned
The Stain fanboy?
He means this guy from the end of the Stain arc:

screenshot_2017-06-23gsuxu.png
Even if that isn't just a proto design for Muscular, the theory is stupid.

If you want an actual Kirishima theory...look at how Kirishima consistently thinks about Bakugou whenever he's in trouble or worried about something?

caliph95

He means this guy from the end of the Stain arc:

Even if that isn't just a proto design for Muscular, the theory is stupid.

If you want an actual Kirishima theory...look at how Kirishima consistently thinks about Bakugou whenever he's in trouble or worried about something?
I know what you're going with this
kinda want to
Kirishima does look up to Bakugo a lot and is his best (only) friends and is one of the best students at least in combat, so what if he thinks about his words when he neeeds to stay hard. Also another reason that guy isn't a member of the villain alliance is that shigiraki didn't waste him like he wasted Moonfish (who gave todoroki and bakugou trouble) and Muscular(who can tank punches from All might)

Also i do find it interesting on how they mafia was a "villain" organisation and how the original members didn't care for it. It something we already know on how the mafia lost it relevance in the world of super heroes with Overhaul adapting more "villain" methods in order to gain more relevancy. Especially with the implication that overhaul poisoned his "dad"

It does also gives more credence to OVerhaul being the son of the boss

Also i guess the Raven dudes power is to use ora's since i doubt they will give him a normal strengthening quirk

Also considering them being the shield having a disadvantage against a guy who can hurt them i guess Kirishima will learn to do his unbreakable mode but for his fist.

What do you think they will reveal about his origin

TimmiT

Amazing. Looks like they'll get to the teachers vs students part too.
Really? It's been a while since I've read it but I didn't notice anything from that arc in that PV.

Anyway, PV got me excited. I'm really glad that season 2 is turning out far better than the first season did.

NSESN

The first 13 episodes went from the start of chapter 22 to almost the ending of chapter 46. If the pacing is the same, the last 12 episodes should end exactly at the mall scene with Shigaraki talking with Midoriya.

The first 13 episodes went from the start of chapter 22 to almost the ending of chapter 46. If the pacing is the same, the last 12 episodes should end exactly at the mall scene with Shigaraki talking with Midoriya.

Which is almost certainly where it's gonna stop. Didn't see a hint of the teacher vs. student exam in the PV, and it's just a perfect demarcation point.

TimmiT

Makes sense. Hopefully that's where it'll stop.

NSESN

Which is almost certainly where it's gonna stop. Didn't see a hint of the teacher vs. student exam in the PV, and it's just a perfect demarcation point.
I think they already spoiled too much of the Stain arc in the PV, spoiling the End of term exams would be too much imo.

Moaradin

They really didn't spoil that much. It's edited in such a way where you never actually see them fight Stain. Without context, it's fine.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
That is literally prototype Uraraka right? Uraraka was originally supposed to have Mt. Lady's powers.

Jintor

i'm probably punching at invisible foes here but people who say stuff like deku and kacchan's relationship is friends and that's the reason they can't take MHA is really weird

like, can shonen relationships only be worst enemies or best nakamas?

you can't just have That Fucking Guy who was a dick when he was younger and is still a dick now but since you're all approaching being an adult you can actually deal with it like a human?

Deku never makes friendship overtures to baku in any way that i reocgnise. at most he just wants baku to stop being a shitbag, but i don't think he'd ever want to, like, actually hang out with him. but people seem to read it as if Deku doesn't want to punch his lights out, he must want to be his best friend.

this has been your frustrated whinge of the day

MidoKiri spinoff when.

Im guessing this will be the longest arc since hes actually going at a slower pace than usual. Im hoping Kiri does well for this shield and spear challenge (though was Horikoshi inspired by the same sort of imagery in last years Haikyuu).

Veelk

Banned
OH SHIT.
These are all amazing!
Red, long eared Deku gotta appear sometimes.

Someone has an evil doppelganger creation quirk and makes evil versions of characters.

Make it happen, Horikoshi.

Edit: you know, as superhero inspired this comic is, it's kinda wierd how it hasn't doesn't indulge in the typical comic nonsense. No mad scientists, no time traveling or alternate dimension bs, no endless clones of heroes. It's been 100% quirk focused. And I don't even know if I personally want to see that focus disrupted.

NSESN

So what personality would have Mt Ochako Lady?

Someone has an evil doppelganger creation quirk and makes evil versions of characters.

Make it happen, Horikoshi.

Edit: you know, as superhero inspired this comic is, it's kinda wierd how it hasn't doesn't indulge in the typical comic nonsense. No mad scientists, no time traveling or alternate dimension bs, no endless clones of heroes. It's been 100% quirk focused. And I don't even know if I personally want to see that focus disrupted.
Noumus are the closest thing I think.

Veelk

Banned
Rereading Naruto kinda highlights the differences between MHA and it.

There are still plenty of strong parallels, but it's most noticable in how while Naruto is a damaged person who wants to fix himself by projecting himself as a hero, while existing in a very broken world, Midoriya always wanted to be a hero even before he realized he had no quirk and had his drama with Bakugou. And, in contrast to Naruto's world, the World of MHA is, if anything, amazingly functional (though very imperfect as well). This might be changing as the villains gain power, but the world is currently in the charge of people who have rather good intentions and powers to achieve those intentions.

But MHA definitely capitolizes on waht made Naruto good. Early Naruto was definitely a diamond in the rough, with some really standout stuff surrounded by some really crappy stuff. MHA is just diamond, even if it hasn't reached full sparkle yet.

Meffer

Rereading Naruto kinda highlights the differences between MHA and it.

There are still plenty of strong parallels, but it's most noticable in how while Naruto is a damaged person who wants to fix himself by projecting himself as a hero, while existing in a very broken world, Midoriya always wanted to be a hero even before he realized he had no quirk and had his drama with Bakugou. And, in contrast to Naruto's world, the World of MHA is, if anything, amazingly functional (though very imperfect as well). This might be changing as the villains gain power, but the world is currently in the charge of people who have rather good intentions and powers to achieve those intentions.

But MHA definitely capitolizes on waht made Naruto good. Early Naruto was definitely a diamond in the rough, with some really standout stuff surrounded by some really crappy stuff. MHA is just diamond, even if it hasn't reached full sparkle yet.

I also want to point out Deku is a selfless person. He wants to be someone who can help and save people. Every time he was in a situation when someone was in danger, he never batted an eye. Even if that person punched him in the balls, Deku never griped about it like most shonen protags would.

Veelk

Banned
I also want to point out Deku is a selfless person. He wants to be someone who can help and save people. Every time he was in a situation when someone was in danger, he never batted an eye. Even if that person punched him in the balls, Deku never griped about it like most shonen protags would.

Well, if we're being technical about it, the Naruto characters don't gripe that often about it either. Usually, they're just shaped by it in some way. Naruto doesn't complain about the lack of attention, but he is loud and obnoxious as a way of getting attention. Stuff like that.

But yeah, that's what I meant that Deku definitely had problems, but he was never permanently damaged by his experiences. Todoroki would be something closer to a Naruto character, a guy whose permanently changed by how his father treated him.

NSESN

Well, if we're being technical about it, the Naruto characters don't gripe that often about it either. Usually, they're just shaped by it in some way. Naruto doesn't complain about the lack of attention, but he is loud and obnoxious as a way of getting attention. Stuff like that.

But yeah, that's what I meant that Deku definitely had problems, but he was never permanently damaged by his experiences. Todoroki would be something closer to a Naruto character, a guy whose permanently changed by how his father treated him.

Like Deku said, Todoroki is like a MC from a manga.

Veelk

Banned
Like Deku said, Todoroki is like a MC from a manga.

All the big characters are, and even a lot of minor characters feel like it.

I consider it a distinguishing mark of quality. If they all feel like their own protagonists, then that means they have purpose, drive, uniqueness and personality. It makes them feel like actual people who exist in their own world.

The Chunin arc of Naruto accomplishes this well, but....fucking time skip bullshit.

i'm probably punching at invisible foes here but people who say stuff like deku and kacchan's relationship is friends and that's the reason they can't take MHA is really weird

like, can shonen relationships only be worst enemies or best nakamas?

you can't just have That Fucking Guy who was a dick when he was younger and is still a dick now but since you're all approaching being an adult you can actually deal with it like a human?

Deku never makes friendship overtures to baku in any way that i reocgnise. at most he just wants baku to stop being a shitbag, but i don't think he'd ever want to, like, actually hang out with him. but people seem to read it as if Deku doesn't want to punch his lights out, he must want to be his best friend.

this has been your frustrated whinge of the day

I mean, Deku doesn't seem to push Bakugou as a friend any more than anyone else.

Bakugou has story prominence. Because of the secret, he's bigger than some others, but on a pure friendship perspective, Ida, Uraraka, and even Todoroki feel like they slot higher in Deku's life.

Veelk

Banned
giphy.gif

Inc huge thread by the end of it?

I'm pretty sure I would crash Gaf's servers if I did it all at once. Instead, I decided to do it arc by arc. I made it through Wave so far.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1396410

I mean, Deku doesn't seem to push Bakugou as a friend any more than anyone else.

Bakugou has story prominence. Because of the secret, he's bigger than some others, but on a pure friendship perspective, Ida, Uraraka, and even Todoroki feel like they slot higher in Deku's life.

I think most people are just mad that the manga doesn't push Bakugou as a villain because of how unrepentant he is about his dickishness. So they take the idea that because Deku doesn't hate him, he must consider him a friend. It's really just that Deku doesn't hold a grudge over it and has more or less moved on other than in terms of seeing Bakugou as a rival.

That said, I kinda do hope they have a scene at some point where someone learns how terribly Bakugou treated Midoriya and calls him out on his behalf, if only to bring closure on the matter.

Top Bottom