• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA Access early limited-time game access is for 6 hours with the full game

6 hours of access to a new game or unlimited time to play and replay a single match in an open demo.
How long are PS+ free trial? Two hours?

I don't get why they'd put a time limit. What's the big deal?

I still think EA access is a decent deal. I wanted to play Peggle 2 and figured I could just pay $5 and play it for a month. The game isn't deep enough to warrant playing for longer so I'm fine with not owning it. I also wanted to play some Madden before the season starts so that's a bonus. Admittedly I don't see the point in subscribing for longer than a month with the current offerings.

It is the full game that they are letting you try out for six hours before release.

That is a pretty fair trial, I'd say.

So let me get this straight.

You download the full game and have 6 hours to play it?

There is a reason why Sony stopped updating full game trials. Its not worth the effort for most people.

I think week long early access to a demo of a game would be a much better idea. Not something I'df pay for, but I wouldn't pay for this either.

10% of a digital game at launch, especially a EA one, is essentially getting to pay retail price. Gee, thanks EA.

DId people think they were getting the full game or something? I don't think EA access is something I'll subscribe to (based on what we know at the moment) but surely 6 hours is more than enough time to decide wether or not you want to purchase, especially since your save carries over.

Why are people upset over this?

It seems fairly reasonable to me. Its only 6 hours of EARLY ACCESS... when the game is out then you get the full game included in the price. It is not $30 a year for a paid demo.

You pay $30 for the early access, on top of being able to play the game when its in the vault. People need to start relaxing a bit...

EA, plz.

Sony, TY.

I understand why you might not be happy with this, but I don't understand the second part.

Sony gives only 1hr early access to PS+ early access, no?
That's 1/6th of the time that you're complaining about here.

The sad thing is that you won't even reply, because you're just driveby fanboy trolling.

So let me get this straight.

You download the full game and have 6 hours to play it?

There is a reason why Sony stopped updating full game trials. Its not worth the effort for most people.

I think week long early access to a demo of a game would be a much better idea. Not something I'df pay for, but I wouldn't pay for this either.

10% of a digital game at launch, especially a EA one, is essentially getting to pay retail price. Gee, thanks EA.

You also get all the games from the Vault...
The few days early access demos are like the least significant perk of the subscription.

Dunlop

Such Value! They really found a way to rip gamers wallets for demos while the gamers believe they made a good deal. The western economy would crumble without this idiotism.

It's 6 hour access to the full game

How many sales would any publisher lose giving a full week of access to a new game?

sk3tch

It's $30/year...you get some full games, you get a crap digital discount (10%), and you get early access to (select) new releases - it's pretty solid IMO.

6 hours of Madden is more than enough. Hell, I barely ever even have that much time to play games I buy, lol.

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
6 hours seems alright for an 'all access' demo or at least enough time to decide if you want to buy the game or not.

DieH@rd

Banned
6 hours for the full game doesn't sound that bad honestly. Shit you could've finished crisis 2/3 if this was out before hand lol.

SP games will not get this kind of generous time limit. They will probably get 2hr at best, or maybe just access to prologue sections of the game [I expect something like that for DA3].

Kayant

That paid demo but expected given that you get to play it 5 days prior at least you get a 10% discount if you decide to buy it digitally.

timlot

Banned
Its not a demo though. You're downloading the full game with access to 6 "gameplay" hours. Its better than a demo because those usually have limited features and team selection. Like the game? Its already downloaded. Just buy the license with 10% discount. Still good deal to me. Madden 25 as a vault game is enough for my football fix.

Petrae

I hope there's a clock with the time remaining so players can watch it tick down. In fact, it would be a great advertising opportunity:

Madden 15 EA Access Time Remaining: 0:12:28

Sponsored by Geico

Not sure why you have to bring console wars into your OP, but whatever. I traded in my disk copy of BF4 XB1 to Gamestop this weekend and got 32 bucks for it so not only did that pay for my year of EA access but I got 2 dollars extra.

How is it console wars? Because I stated I was happy Sony did not allow EA to bamboozle their customers?

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
SP games will not get this kind of generous time limit. They will probably get 2hr at best, or maybe just access to prologue sections of the game [I expect something like that for DA3].

Well Dragon Age Inquisition could get 6 hours. It's a big game, so 6 hours is probably nothing compared to the likely completion time. Games that are actually 8-12 hours, though. Yeah, no way we get 6 hours.

Quick question. Is it open beta yet or still closed to preview subscribers?

It's live now.

What if it's SP/MP like the crisis games? Is it essentially a demo at that point, instead of "full access" to the game.

I'm not really paying for the early access specifically anyways, but I'll use it for sure. 6 hours should be more than enough time for me personally, but I fully understand those who might have expected more.

EA early access only 6hrs of gameplay for upcoming Madden 15. Now I see why Sony didn't allow this.

Sony didn't allow it because it is a competitor and a threat to their PS Now service, especially if more publishers other than EA want to follow in EA's footsteps.

If anyone thinks it is anything more than that then they are in pure denial lol.

Avari

I honestly don't see a problem here, glad to see that I'm not the only one in this thread that thinks that.

Pretty much. Honestly comes across as people desperate to find another reason to slag EA. Early access has always been described as time limited. Personally 6 hours seems like a pretty generous chunk of time - a lot better then the hour trials and play sessions that have been attached other services.

DALBEN

Banned
30 U$ for four games ( i liked all 4 games ), and early access to some games + 10 % discount, how is this bad ? Grow up.

6 hours sounds good. If they gave us a full week we'd just beat the game and not buy it when it comes out.

All the Sony praise in this thread really shows what side of the coin these people are on...

Purexed

Banned
EA Season Ticket is being used a comparison point here for context, you got to play unlimited amounts of prerelease Madden with that program.

RodentBR

Neo Member
I think it is a reasonable amount of time and I still think EA Access offers a good value. As long as they keep adding some games to the Vault, I'm glad I paid for it for one year.

Cheech

Is anyone changing there purchasing decisions because if this program? I had intended to get NHL at launch this year but will likely wait till it hits the vault now

Yep. I'm cancelling Madden and FIFA when I go in to pick up Diablo tomorrow.

I actually had the PS4 versions of those games preordered, but it seems kind of stupid to spend $120 for what are essentially roster updates, when I'll have the older versions at my disposal. I'd already traded in the physical copies of older FIFA and Madden while they were still worth something. I played both on Xbox One over the weekend, and I'm fine playing the old versions from the vault.

I paid the $30. Getting these games for essentially $2.50 a month is an incredible deal.

I'm also trading in Battlefield PS4 tomorrow, which I will get $28 for. That basically pays for the year of EA Access. Battlefield Xbone looks like crap, but it's just as playable and fun as the PS4 version.

I'm still waiting for a catch with this program. Would not be shocked if they screw with it or make it more expensive down the road. Really is an amazing deal, especially if you typically buy as many EA games as I do.

6 hours of access for the FULL Madden game. That's reasonable as a "demo".

Agreed. LOL at the bullshit false outrage at what is really just a side benefit to the program. Clearly the $30 worth of value is achieved with the full vault games. Everything else is just gravy.

Top Bottom