• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deadly Premonition |OT| first real survival-horror for X360

MiniDitka said:
I cant get that whistling song out of my head :lol

During some scenes it gets so inappropriate, talking about murder and then that song comes on.:lol

We need a gif of the smile too, by the way anyone know where to buy weapons at?

Mr_Guillotine said:
During some scenes it gets so inappropriate, talking about murder and then that song comes on.:lol

No clue. Can you buy weapons? lol

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
randomwab said:
~sigh~

time to bend over :(

yeah the import alone undo the budget price for it and the asian version full price in.

but I really I don't know if it's just Ignition decision or some sort of Microsoft exclusivity deal ,but since there is English language for the Asian PS3 version it's a little weird to not releasing this " unknown game possibly just few will buy " on two systems instead of one in NA.

Mr_Guillotine said:
Yeah, there's definitely a gun shop across from the Milk Barn but it never opens.

Wait where the FUCK is the milk barn? I don't think I've seen that anywhere on the map. Wheres it nearby?

MiniDitka

Mr_Guillotine said:

After you meet Wesley The Gunsmith you can buy weapons from him in your toolbox(Not sure if he has a store you can purchase from)

Mr_Guillotine said:
Yeah, there's definitely a gun shop across from the Milk Barn but it never opens.
Yeah, I've been there all hrs of the day but its never open. BTW, anyone else do battle against
the giant dog
:lol Was wandering around town at around 3.00 am and it freaked the hell out of me when it appeared in front of my car.

slasher_thrasher21 said:
Wait where the FUCK is the milk barn? I don't think I've seen that anywhere on the map. Wheres it nearby?

How far have you gotten into the game? There are some sidequests there. It's down the street from the gas station.

Mr_Guillotine said:
How far have you gotten into the game? There are some sidequests there. It's down the street from the gas station.

I just started episode 2, but now that I think about it, I'm like "where the fuck is the gas station?" Maybe I just missed this section of town when messsing around in Episode 1.

MiniDitka said:
After you meet Wesley The Gunsmith you can buy weapons from him in your toolbox(Not sure if he has a store you can purchase from)

Yeah, I've been there all hrs of the day but its never open. BTW, anyone else do battle against
the giant dog
:lol Was wandering around town at around 3.00 am and it freaked the hell out of me when it appeared in front of my car.

Alright, many thanks. Is there a scripted event when you meet him or is it just around town?

I did the same thing, I skid off the road when it appeared in front of me. I also remember yelling "oh fuck" pretty loudly as well. Then I tried to fight it and it didn't end well. :lol

MiniDitka

Mr_Guillotine said:
Alright, many thanks. Is there a scripted event when you meet him or is it just around town?

I did the same thing, I skid off the road when it appeared in front of me. I also remember yelling "oh fuck" pretty loudly as well. Then I tried to fight it and it didn't end well. :lol
Its a scripted event so you wont miss it.

rainking187 said:
This thread really needs videos. Some of the stuff you guys are saying just sounds so bizarre.
Here ya go - http://www.youtube.com/user/ShotMyEyeOut10#g/u

Totobeni said:
yeah the import alone undo the budget price for it and the asian version full price in.

US buyers can import it without paying taxes. So it's just postage to worry about. Europe gets done over tho.

slasher_thrasher21 said:
I just started episode 2, but now that I think about it, I'm like "where the fuck is the gas station?" Maybe I just missed this section of town when messsing around in Episode 1.

Everything in the town is pretty much West of the police station, you should see a bunch of the other townspeople icons or suspect icons if you haven't met them already.

Mr_Guillotine said:
Everything in the town is pretty much West of the police station, you should see a bunch of the other townspeople icons or suspect icons if you haven't met them already.

I have been in that area. I must have just missed the gas station. :D Hell I did a side quest in episode one just buy randomly going to check a house. Then near the end of episode one a guy at the huge town gathering told me to check the house. Missions already acomplished lol.

slasher_thrasher21 said:
I have been in that area. I must have just missed the gas station. :D Hell I did a side quest in episode one just buy randomly going to check a house. Then near the end of episode one a guy at the huge town gathering told me to check the house. Missions already acomplished lol.

Yeah, you probably just missed all the shops too. The map is definitely the biggest problem with the game, it makes me wonder why there isn't even little icons for stores. You should check them out.

Mr_Guillotine said:
Yeah, you probably just missed all the shops too. The map is definitely the biggest problem with the game, it makes me wonder why there isn't even little icons for stores. You should check them out.

Yeah your right. I went to the dinner place, sheriffs office, and tried to go to the club and thats all I saw for icons on the map. Are the shops not shown as icons then? If so how can you tell its a shop?

slasher_thrasher21 said:
Yeah your right. I went to the dinner place, sheriffs office, and tried to go to the club and thats all I saw for icons on the map. Are the shops not shown as icons then? If so how can you tell its a shop?

Farther west of that across the bridge is the gas station, milk barn, gun shop, and a bar. When you get near them the mini map has a little icon that you can head towards.

Anyone know if you can grow York a beard? I've been trying but I've only got stubble so far.:lol

afternoon delight said:
All I want to know is, is this at all like Twin Peaks? Because it looks like the perfect price for the perfect package.

I've read a lot of impressions that suggest that they share a lot of similarities, I've never seen the show myself and am interested in watching it since its been thrown around so much. Is it worth watching? Anywhere in particular I can watch it?

Mr_Guillotine said:
I've read a lot of impressions that suggest that they share a lot of similarities, I've never seen the show myself and am interested in watching it since its been thrown around so much. Is it worth watching? Anywhere in particular I can watch it?

Well both characters are nuts for coffee. Although York prefers milk in his.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PcoMrwEa5o

Dig the kinda similar music as well.

I still have yet to watch the series itself which is mostly due to the pricey cost of the full DVD set. But from the bits and pieces I've picked up the similarities are fairly obvious.
Or whoa that's cool of CBS.

Clevinger

afternoon delight said:
All I want to know is, is this at all like Twin Peaks? Because it looks like the perfect price for the perfect package.

Yes, it's a lot like it and has a bunch of references. The main characters are a lot different and the humor is different and more pronounced in this game, but they're shooting for a lot of the same atmosphere. If you like Twin Peaks, then you'll probably like this game if you can forgive some of its flaws.

I wish I had more time to play this gem. I just moved into a new place and finally got that pretty much done and now gotta work on cleaning the old place up before the end of next week. GRrrrrrRRR

I can't stop wondering whats going to happen next in the game though. Its a mind fuck in all the right ways. What are the characters gonna say? Whats going to happen next? Love the fact that the game is actually a decent length too and not just a 5-6 hour game. Well I will do what I have been doing. Playing it a little at a time.

Rad-

"So, what can you tell me about this town?" *smokes a cig and doesn't give a shit about the answer* :lol

Yeah the length feels nice, it's good to have a game that isn't an RPG be more than 8 hours. I've spent a huge amount of time in this and I'm still barely in the first chapter.:D

MiniDitka

slasher_thrasher21 said:
They do have icons slasher, maybe you're just not far enough into the game and they're not available yet.
uvs100224-015.jpg

MiniDitka said:
They do have icons slasher, maybe you're just not far enough into they're game and not available yet.
uvs100224-015.jpg

Thanks for showing that. I think I might not be far enough. I just got to episode 2. So will see if they show up once I get back into town, or perhaps I'm just blind and missed them. Whoa and what is the orange mission icons? I've had a grey and red... whats orange mean?

MiniDitka said:
They do have icons slasher, maybe you're just not far enough into the game and they're not available yet.

No, he's far enough. I'm in chapter 1 and have visited all stores except for the gun shop.

Orange arrows are side-areas. If you just started episode 2 I think you can swing by the Panda Bear and get one. The gun store is also available but it's only open from 22:00 to 6:00(though you can buy stuff at any weapon locker I figure there are certain weapons and special items only accessible at the shop itself)

Also any areas marked with a purple arrow are completed action stages you can repeat for whatever reason.

Rad- said:
"So, what can you tell me about this town?" *smokes a cig and doesn't give a shit about the answer* :lol
It's not York's job to give a shit. It's Zach's job.

Think about it. Zach was the one who wanted to ask about the town.

Waking up to this thread is awesome--it's so encouraging to see that I'm not the only one who appreciates DP's unique charms.
I'll have to convey everyone's kind words to Swery at Access.

m_tc040.jpg

m_tc043.jpg

MiniDitka

Just beat the game and holy hell what a ride!!! especially the twists and turns it takes toward the end :O If this had come out last yr it would have been my runner up to Batman:AA for game of the year, thats how much I enjoyed it.

Really really enjoying this one. Obviously this didn't have a huge budget but I don't think it looks that bad. I mean, the graphics might be PS2-level but it has a dreamy look to it which I find very appealing

And you guys weren't kidding about the Twin Peaks vibe. I'm only about an hour in but this already feels like Twin Peaks: The Game

Koopakiller said:
Really really enjoying this one. Obviously this didn't have a huge budget but I don't think it looks that bad. I mean, the graphics might be PS2-level but it has a dreamy look to it which I find very appealing

And you guys weren't kidding about the Twin Peaks vibe. I'm only about an hour in but this already feels like Twin Peaks: The Game

I really don't think they look that bad, the world itself looks pretty bad but building interiors and characters look pretty good to me. I met Sigourney not too long ago, man I don't even know what to say. :lol

MiniDitka said:
Just beat the game and holy hell what a ride!!! especially the twists and turns it takes toward the end :O If this had come out last yr it would have been my runner up to Batman:AA for game of the year, thats how much I enjoyed it.

Wow that good huh? How long it take you over all?

Top Bottom