• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results For March 2017 [Up2: Year to date charts, platform specific charts]

Horizon is a very good game, glad to see it had done so well. Sony's games don't usually have very high ceilings when it comes to sales however they are building up a decent portfolio now. Horizon is going to be the start of a big franchise, God of War will be big, GT Sport will do it's thang in EU and TLOU2 is going to be huge.

Days Gone will flop though, don't think Spiderman will do anything more than 500k or so first month which is still decent, Detroit will do Idon'tcarejustreleasethefuckinggame.
Days gone will be the next horizon/Ubisoft game for gaf already called it

I believe from these two options the "go physical" will be more usual in Switch's owners and that will show in sales with digital ratio being lower than others consoles... even lower than Wii U.

It's not going to be lower than Wii U. If you wanted to go digital on that system, you needed to purchase an external hard drive. If you want to go digital on Switch, you can purchase an inexpensive microSD card.

Boke1879

That Horizon number is fucking insane.

And why I would not be shocked if during its lifetime it sold 8 million. Sony will bundle this thing

Horizon is a very good game, glad to see it had done so well. Sony's games don't usually have very high ceilings when it comes to sales however they are building up a decent portfolio now. Horizon is going to be the start of a big franchise, God of War will be big, GT Sport will do it's thang in EU and TLOU2 is going to be huge.

Days Gone will flop though, don't think Spiderman will do anything more than 500k or so first month which is still decent, Detroit will do Idon'tcarejustreleasethefuckinggame.
Why?

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Really glad to see Andromeda do relatively well and not crash and burn.

It's a damn great game with a few obvious issues -- but still great none the less.

Praying for a sequel.

Boke1879

Not going to predict anything about Days Gone until we see more. That might not to UC, GOW or Horizon numbers, but it could still be very successful.

Spiderman is going to be huge because it's going to be marketed right.

Detroit will sell to the Heavy Rain, Beyond, Until Dawn crowd. Will sell enough to keep warranting these games get made.

Polo67

Spider-Man is capable of outselling horizon in first month sales especially if the movie is good.

Boke1879

Spider-Man is capable of outselling horizon in first month sales especially if the movie is good.

Spiderman is to Marvel what Batman is to DC.

Like his shit sells. The game just needs to be good and marketed right. Movie being good is a bonus though.

Polo67

Spiderman is to Marvel what Batman is to DC.

Like his shit sells. The game just needs to be good and marketed right. Movie being good is a bonus though.

The Bat man trilogy performed great in the box office along with the Arkham games . Sells like shit ? That's a negative .

Edit: read your post totally wrong . It's getting late lol . But you aee correct

ethomaz

Banned
It's not going to be lower than Wii U. If you wanted to go digital on that system, you needed to purchase an external hard drive. If you want to go digital on Switch, you can purchase an inexpensive microSD card.
I read Wii U digital ratio is around 10% (here in this thread)... I expect it to be lower with Switch games.

Zelda had a 2% digital sales ratio... let's see how the next big retail release will turn out.

Loris146

Days Gone flops reminds me of " Horizon has been sent to die" ...

I read Wii U digital ratio is around 10% (here in this thread)... I expect it to be lower with Switch games.

Zelda had a 2% digital sales ratio... let's see how the next big retail release will turn out.

Already been discussed in this thread. I do think it will take a bit for the digital ratio to rise, but it will.

Our "bosses" did no such thing.

We're here because we want to be, and because no one has told us to stop.

We're also here because people in these threads care as much (maybe more) about this stuff as we do, and because people here have good ideas.

If by sharing insights and trying to improve the deliverables mean people keep sharing those ideas then we're good.

But don't mistake us being here as some PR ploy. It's not that. At all. It's a fair trade of ideas and insights.

I just want to thank you again Mat, for taking our feedback and making NPD threads lively again. I haven't seen a NPD thread with more than 20 pages since you guys changed the format. Feels good, good job you two.

ethomaz

Banned
Another bold prediction...

With the actual PS4 userbase (and it is growing really fast) I don't believe any big exclusive will do less than 700k at launch NPD month (exceptions games with less than a week for the month).

That includes Spider-Man, Days Gone, GTS, GoW, etc.

Polo67

With the actual PS4 userbase (and it is growing really fast) I don't believe any big exclusive will do less than 700k at launch NPD month (exceptions games with less than a week for the month).

If they review bad that could change . I'm hoping they don't . The ecosystem is so ripe.

I consider Detroit and Dreams major exclusives (maybe you could argue the latter isn't, but I would disagree) and if they hit 700k at launch, literally anything is possible.

hatchx

Banned

A new open-world Spider man game? If it's good (and it probably will be coming from Insomniac), I think it can do far, far better. As an exclusive, you know Sony is going to put muscle behind the marketing. The only way it's selling only 500k is if it comes out in the last 1-2 days of the month.

Purest 78

I think Days gone has the potential to be huge, and I'm certain Spider-Man will be huge.

Bgamer90

Banned
I am talking about the cumulative last 12 month chart. Both games released less than 12 months ago, so those should be their total sales

Oh okay. NBA is still relevant for a longer amount of time though so it's not too surprising to me.

NBA 2K series rapidly grew in popularity after the release of 2K11 and it has never stopped since then. Madden has seemingly pretty much remained the same.

Oh okay. NBA is still relevant for a longer amount of time though so it's not too surprising to me.

NBA 2K series rapidly grew in popularity after the release of 2K11 and it has never stopped since then. Madden has seemingly pretty much remained the same.

That's when 2k really nailed the gameplay. Also I think Lebron going to Miami brought in alot more "casual" basketball fan purchases.

Toni

...in the US

They are not big openers in the US on their first month out. But just this gen, Sony has had more million sellers in PS4's first 3 years on the market than they did in the first 3 years of the PS3.

Sony's forte when it comes to sales is world wide appeal.

...in the US

They are not big openers in the US on their first month out. But just this gen, Sony has had more million sellers than they did in the first 3 years of the PS3.

Sony's forte when it comes to sales is world wide appeal.

Well yes, he's talking about the US, because you are currently in a thread about US sales.

Best piece of news from this is Microsoft adding digital sales next month. Hopefully it will put pressure on Sony and Nintendo do the same. Curios to see the physical vs. digital ratio on games.

But yeah, when it comes to BotW specifically, while I had a feeling the digital sales were low, I'm still a bit surprised they are THAT low. Still, makes sense when I think about it. When I look at the "Best Sellers" list on the eShop. "Joe Gamer" is not gonna go buy a micro SD card from Amazon, and download Zelda like I did.

Toni

It's quite possible he mean that, true.

And I'm quite chill, thank you.

Okay.

0v2jqjs.png

Kangi

He should have stated it as so. It sounded like he meant to say that PS4 exclusives don't sell, which is simply not true.

Chill.

Probably best to assume posts about sales in a region-specific sales thread are being specific to said region unless otherwise stated or they have obvious intent.

Ashtar

I don't see Injustice 2 being bigger than MKX but I still for sure think it will be huge. It's going to be substantially bigger than the 1st one which sold very well.
Gonna disagree, I think wb is gonna market this to hell and back, shows like arrow, flash, legends of tomorrow and supergirl are all active now, I think only aerie was on air back then and we got a Wonder Woman movie and justice league.
All that is marketing
It's gonna do numbers

Elios83

It's nice to see that NPD is giving out more details about software sales.
Many titles selling really well last month.
I've read in the thread that Horizon is estimated at 1m+ including digital sales but if Sony is not sharing digital sales how is this being calculated?
The next step should be getting charts where both retail and digital sales are factored in for all titles otherwise it's always going to be misleading.
Hardware numbers.... :/

Ashtar

It's nice to see that NPD is giving out more details about software sales.
Many titles selling really well last month.
I've read in the thread that Horizon is estimated at 1m+ including digital sales but if Sony is not sharing digital sales how is this being calculated?
The next step should be getting charts where both retail and digital sales are factored in for all titles otherwise it's always going to be misleading.
Hardware numbers.... :/
We got an insider ;)

Top Bottom