• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku: Batman reimagined by Tetsuya Nomura.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I really like it actually. Sure it's super complex and bizarre but I still think it looks really badass. The wings are fantastic IMO.

Ultratech

Heh, kinda funny seeing all the reactions to this.

Personally, I like the design, though the arms on the wings do look a little weird.

Village

Looks cool, but man it looks like a super villain more than a hero. An awesome villain, but a villain.

I disagree. I think that could be protagonist garb, batman's point is the go around looking intimidating. Thats intimidating as fuck, he got demon skelemen arms growing out of his back .

Village

what about stealth and detective aspects of batman... thats a lot of costume and helmet to hide in the shadows with lol

Those are aspects about batman that even DC doesn't seem to give a shit about a lot of times. Sure they have detective batman comics, but everwhere else he just seems like a very elaborately dressed self funded james bond.

Also I would imagine that thing turns invisible and blends in with the nights, because badass.

Heh, kinda funny seeing all the reactions to this.

Personally, I like the design, though the arms on the wings do look a little weird.

Seriously what is the purpose of those arms. I'd like a concept that is based around a bat's arms and fingers, but these arms just look pointless.

Silvawuff

I remember a lot of people saying the character armor designs in Birth by Sleep looked Batmanish. Interesting to see that concept fully realized now. It looks awesome!

Toxi

Banned
I showed this design to my family and they asked who it was. You should have seen their faces when I told them it was Batman.

It''s unfortunate because every design element isn't bad on its own, but is begging for attention, and so the entire thing looks like a clusterfuck. Just the bat visor or the cape wings or the extra arms would be interesting, but all together and you can't focus on anything.

Village

I showed this design to my family and they asked who it was. You should have seen their faces when I told them it was Batman.

It''s unfortunate because every design element isn't bad on its own, but is begging for attention, and so the entire thing looks like a clusterfuck. Just the bat visor or the cape wings or the extra arms would be interesting, but all together and you can't focus on anything.

I had a completly opposite reaction, My friend guessed first it was batman, he saw the big ass bat on the dudes face. Different strokes for different folks i guess. I don't really see it as begging for attention rather than thats how namura draws shit. He does not beg, he just does extravagance, for better or for worse. I think its for the better in this case, opinions may vary though.

abadguy

Banned
Well, look, I'm all for the argument that the Nomura design is overly gaudy, but do people really think that actual criminals wouldn't laugh when blocked by a man dressed like this?

Always hated the look of the Denny O'Neil era Batsuit with the blue gloves, cape and cowl and especially that yellow around the bat signal. Black and grey suit with all black bat symbol on the chest, no yellow oval is best.

UrbanRats

The best Batman design will always be Paul Pope's, for me:

tumblr_luko0eOHCj1qeenqto1_400.jpg

ikMAh0MEP6xzx.jpg

tumblr_mhk3j06DNZ1r4hwe1o2_1280.png

velociraptor

Well, look, I'm all for the argument that the Nomura design is overly gaudy, but do people really think that actual criminals wouldn't laugh when blocked by a man dressed like this?

I have never understood why people like this design. It looks so, so bad. Batman doesn't look menacing, and with a cloth suit like that, how is he able to resist knife or gunshot wounds?

edit: holy shit, 2014? Thought this was a recent post. I blame the lad who linked this thread in The Joker thread. :p

Banned
I have never understood why people like this design. It looks so, so bad. Batman doesn't look menacing, and with a cloth suit like that, how is he able to resist knife or gunshot wounds?

edit: holy shit, 2014? Thought this was a recent post. I blame the lad who linked this thread in The Joker thread. :p
It's fitting that a user who's named after a dinosaur would bump an extinct thread. ;p

Top Bottom