• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 Roster Discussion & Speculation Thread

vg260

Just saw this fwiw:
http://support.wbgames.com/link/por...e/1505/Injustice-2-Cross-Platform-Rewards-FAQ
As recently announced, Injustice 2 will feature exclusive rewards for players who play on both Mobile and Console! We understand that players are eager to hear more about how this feature will work, but you'll need to wait for the official Injustice 2 launch for PS4 and Xbox One on 5/16 in order for this feature to become available.

Please note that Injustice 2 Mobile does not use WBID, and that WBID will not be required to use the Cross-Platform feature.

How would it connect, then?

TheGrizz

Amazon has been struggling with releases this year (for me at least); My Persona 5 order was all fucked up. Its kinda hard to go with them anymore.

It might be due to some mailing company fuckery; I don't think they are super jazzed with Amazon having their own distribution trucks.

This is exactly why I have subscribed to the Best Buy gamer club (or whatever it's called). I've had a couple games that I preordered well in advance and didn't recieve on release date. I've been burned more than once and I'm done with it. Best Buy store pickup has been 100% reliable and I can get the game earlier than UPS delivers them to me on release date.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
There's a generated code the game gives you on console that you enter into the mobile app.

This sucks. That means they might have found a way to stopped​ mobile account sharing. Which really sucks for me cause I don't currently own a mobile device that can run the game.

Ah.

So what happens if you have it on both Xbox and PS4? Can you link both?

That is a good question. I have no idea. I tried entering the code last week on the mobile app but the function was disabled.

Guess we won't know until tonight/tomorrow.

Phloxy

Don't watch any story mode stuff if you can help it, the story was very fun and had a lot of great moments that were not shown in any trailers or footage.

My review will be up a bit before launch tonight, I go over story, multiverse, offline content and online play without spoiling anything. I detest spoilers so I always try to be sensitive to that stuff. I'll be posting it closer to the launch later.

DrBo42

Ended up just cancelling the Ultimate edition and sticking with my early copy. Feel like the currency earning is decent enough not to need it. Especially since I'm only going to be playing Supes and badly at that.

Multiverse is pretty addicting, played one this morning where the lore had Enchantress putting some field on it where you take damage if you jump. Had that inky black effect swirling around your character in air. It's all pretty cool.

Spinky

Peeked at a thread about this game's production values/visuals and if I had a dollar for every time the word "animation" was said, I'd be filthy stinking rich.

I can't even fathom where these people are coming from, NRS animations USED to be bad/meh but they've been perfectly fine for a while now, since MKX probably. I straight-up do not understand. What planet is this?

Peeked at a thread about this game's production values/visuals and if I had a dollar for every time the word "animation" was said, I'd be filthy stinking rich.

I can't even fathom where these people are coming from, NRS animations USED to be bad/meh but they've been perfectly fine for a while now, since MKX probably. I straight-up do not understand. What planet is this?

I actually like the game's animations, too. I'm really thinking about picking this game up especially as a fan of DC Comics.

DrBo42

Even MKX had some rough animation. It's the same thing here but more inconsistent. Watch Poison Ivy throw some punches or kicks and then watch Black Canary do the same. It's a pretty huge difference.

Now there's something to be said about Poison Ivy not being a martial artist while Black Canary absolutely is so it gets complicated when you compare it to other fighting games.

I actually like the game's animations, too. I'm really thinking about picking this game up especially as a fan of DC Comics.

That was my main attraction as well. Really pleased so far based on my time with it.

DR2K

Banned

It's just people repeating a meme and trying to downplay the visuals.

For everyone that said the animations were terrible, there was almost no reason as to why they came up to that conclusion.

Garlador

It's just people repeating a meme and trying to downplay the visuals.

For everyone that said the animations were terrible, there was almost no reason as to why they came up to that conclusion.
But that one video!

... honestly I think they're fine. Not great, but not awful. I think they mostly miss making fun of the faces.

Marvel

could never
But that one video!

... honestly I think they're fine. Not great, but not awful. I think they mostly miss making fun of the faces.
Eh some people still are... amazingly enough. Just pot stirring due to other FG loyalty I imagine.

Personally I play every fighter except GG and like and dislike things in all of em.

ZeroX03

Banned
I never had any issues with it, and it always worked on multiple versions. I'm worried this will not.

I'll take not having to worry about log in verification any day. In Injustice I just sat at the screen waiting for it to log in, which it never did.

Skilletor

People disagree with you.

I think the animations suck and everybody looks like an MKX character, not a DC character. They don't have any weight or motion to them and pretty much every animation looks interchangeable with many other members on the cast, or many characters in an MK game. They have no personality for most of the cast members.

Cool that you like them. Others don't.

Garlador

People disagree with you.

I think the animations suck and everybody looks like an MKX character, not a DC character. They don't have any weight or motion to them and pretty much every animation looks interchangeable with many other members on the cast, or many characters in an MK game. They have no personality for most of the cast members.

Cool that you like them. Others don't.
Not an Alex Ross fan, I take it?

I'll disagree. I don't think you could just swap Flash and Fate and Atrocitus's attacks and find there to be no difference. It's just not as exaggerated as Street Fighter or other Japanese fighters.

Not saying it's perfect, but I do watch videos of mods where people swap NRS character models around and it's immediately clear there's a lot more there than most people realize.

Skilletor

Not an Alex Ross fan, I take it?

I'll disagree. I don't think you could just swap Flash and Fate and Atrocitus's attacks and find there to be no difference. It's just not as exaggerated as Street Fighter or other Japanese fighters.

Not saying it's perfect, but I do watch videos of mods where people swap NRS character models around and it's immediately clear there's a lot more there than most people realize.

I love Alex Ross. I think the character models look great. I think, in motion, Injustice looks like MK redux and that's a shame.

I play all fighting games. Just bought this (w/o the Ultimate Edition as I normally would for a fighting game, because I'm not going to pay for more MK characters in my DC fighter). I think the animations are serviceable, like you said. Fine, not great. But this game shouldn't look like MK, imo, and that's why I dislike the animations so much.

etta

my hard graphic balls
¡HarlequinPanic!;236833941 said:
I'm running xbox version, I can't say with confidence but it doesn't look full 1080p to me, it still looks quite good but during some supermoves things can get kinda eh.

Hmmmmm, I wonder if it will get patched for Scorpio. I feel like getting it still.

Is there any reason to horde currency from the single player campaign? Should I just buy Boxes with them basically as soon as I have enough to do so? Is there a best "bang for the buck" box tier?

Top Bottom