• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First screenshot of new Prince of Persia game?

Acidote

I don't want them to make another collect-a-ton game like PoP 2008 was, so good riddance I say. I just wanted to progress and was forced to go back and get more of those spheres. I loved the art style and keeping it would've been nice, but if I have to choose between it and no more sphere collecting my choice would be clear.

Jawmuncher

PoP 2008 was really good looking at times, especially the night level.
After "curing" the levels though, it tended to look all too similar.
Also the gameplay was some of the most boring crap i've ever played.
Dat LoD.

I wont lie some of it sure was.

hodgy100

GUYS! This is why devs don't show us much about their games until its much further on in development, you lot are picking it to shreds! It's an early build and no where near finished, so yes the graphics don't look great, yes its frame rate is low, yes everyone is floating.

its a work in progress. keep that in mind!

Somewhere between PoP 2008 and The Forgotten Sands, there is a Prince of Persia game that takes the best of both of those titles and would have been amazing.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
We don´t even know if that´s the playable character.

Oh god i hope it´s not...

I'd welcome the change to be honest. I'm white, but I'm sick of playing as random white dudebro #47.

I don't think that was your intention though. What do you not like about the potential of playing as this guy?

FtHTiny

I'd welcome the change to be honest. I'm white, but I'm sick of playing as random white dudebro #47.

I don't think that was your intention though. What do you not like about the potential of playing as this guy?

Well i played PoP 2008 last week for the first time and he always was this agile guy always with funny comments and dialoges. I don´t think the guy in the shot can be a funny or great in a dialogue. He seem like a kratos-clone and would probably behave like him.

Hindle

Banned
The God Of War influence if true means they will be focusing on combat, The one part of any game Ubisoft always mess up basically.

You're right. I'd love to play a black dude as well. Not to many games have you doing that - off the top of my head I can name Shadowman and GTA: SA and both of those are insanely awesome.

zallaaa

Here's the first screen shot of the new PoP Game:

HP5tg.jpg

Is that a tribe of levitating Princes of Persia?

Lime

The only good thing is the color of skin of that supposed main character. Games need to be more diverse and inclusive, so this is a good thing.

The bulkiness of said character is however disconcerning, as such a physique goes against the agility and nimbleness we know the prince to have.

Sid

A new ip of gow+sotc would've rocked,a pop remake at the beginning of next gen would breathe some new life into the ip currently it looks like asscreed

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Well i played PoP 2008 last week for the first time and he always was this agile guy always with funny comments and dialoges. I don´t think the guy in the shot can be a funny or great in a dialogue. He seem like a kratos-clone and would probably behave like him.

The Prince is not a'funny' guy. PoP 2008 is the exception to the character not the norm. And if you want a witty, agile guy, there's about a hundred.

Sid

Why are they remaking 2?why not reboot the whole series with awesome platforming,better combat and setpieces?

lefantome

Wtf people complaining about wip contente in a leaked screenshot?
Models, fos, bugs, it's not an officiale screenshot, the game is not ready yet.

The game could be interesting we will see. Popo 2008 had an amazing art but the rest? The sands of time pop is dead. Will it be a gow clone? I don't think so , probably we will se something different.

-BLITZ-

Maybe the dude in the pic is not our main character. Why would a bunch of people gather around the player, standing on something like I have a quest to do where I have to give my speech.

The kid image remids me of some meme with some other kid with the same legs position.

OnPoint

GUYS! This is why devs don't show us much about their games until its much further on in development, you lot are picking it to shreds! It's an early build and no where near finished, so yes the graphics don't look great, yes its frame rate is low, yes everyone is floating.

its a work in progress. keep that in mind!

Shhhhh... you're ruining all the fun!

Protocol7

The only thing this makes me realize is that I really want a sequel to PoP 2008 SO BAD.... ; ;

And what to say about this... nothing really... since it doesn't reflect at all the final version of the game. So yeah whatever...

PoP 2008 is a terrible game with fantastic visuals. Wish they'd make a sequel but bring back the sands of time. That was much more interesting than elika.

pargonta

The only thing this makes me think, is how cool an egyptian slave rebellion game would be.

I'm thinking 10,000 BC style.

Also, this PoP screenshot is not realistic. At least, it is not the realistic we should be striving for. It's not cell shaded or bordered or whatever anymore, but it's hardly "realistic". Still stylized in the way games are forced to be at the moment. These shots of 10,000 BC should contrast with the still fantasy quality of the game visuals, and give an idea of where a kind of ancient Egypt game could go, and where games should strive to go in visuals (if they are going for realism, which they don't have to).

1P09d.jpg

3G2nz.jpg

wlQ7f.jpg

come on games, step it up

I presume the 13 is not framerate but actually the frametime in milliseconds...

That would be consistent with the ~70ish fps below it (probably showing both real-time & average or max framerate)

Top Bottom