• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2, who is buying it?

I have it pre ordered on ps4 but will probably change from collectors to regular edition, I enjoyed the PVE parts of the D2 beta but none of the PVP, whereas I really enjoyed both PVP and PVE in D1.

Every DLC/xpac in destiny has held my interest for shorter and shorter periods of time and i think D2 will last a month or two, tops.

hydruxo

I'll be there day 1 on PS4. I put hundreds of hours into Destiny and have a group of people I regularly play with, so I know I'll get plenty of enjoyment out of it. I have my share of concerns but they're relatively minor gameplay issues that will hopefully be addressed soon.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I will. I actually bought a PS4 for the first game and played it at launch, but thought it was so bad that I sold it within a week. But I've heard so many things about how the game improved after launch, and it's going to be such a big release that my curiosity has gotten the best of me.

I bought it at launch and quite enjoyed it but quit in early 2015. I recently went back to it and the change is incredible. Much less grinding and streamlined. I felt that with the TTK expansion they took a big step forward. ROI was OK but felt a little lackluster and rushed. I remember grinding for hours near launch but my recent playthrough of all the solo content was much shorter than the base game + 1 expansion (the dark below).

I'll be buying. Recent comments about the current beta build being old, with several changes being made to PVE balance before launch, have made me feel much better.

eizarus

Banned
I have it pre ordered on ps4 but will probably change from collectors to regular edition, I enjoyed the PVE parts of the D2 beta but none of the PVP, whereas I really enjoyed both PVP and PVE in D1.

Every DLC/xpac in destiny has held my interest for shorter and shorter periods of time and i think D2 will last a month or two, tops.
You get more time with HoW than TTK? 🤔

LordofPwn

I've got it pre-ordered. will play it with my clan but i really just want to fuck around in the patrols and try the raid.

AR15mex

I am really on the fence on this one, mainly because D1 had a 1st bad year, it was until TTK that things starting shaping for the better. I don't want to pay for a legendary editions if their first 2 expansions are like last Destiny, and also 30 FPS on PVP seems unreasonable to me.

Beth Cyra

Day 1 for sure.

So many good changes. Actually gave some tanking and damage mitagation stuff and the ability to heal.

Love it.

Dolobill

I'll get it. I didn't play the last couple expansions of D1 but I did put a lot into year 1. I have lots of respect for Bungie as a developer, so I'll give them another shot. Maybe if Destiny 2 doesn't hook me I'll be done with the franchise. Looking forward to seeing how it plays on PC.

I loved what I played in the beta. Despite the changes I'm really excited to experience all of the new story missions, public spaces, strikes, gear and weapons. This beta was a small appetizer for the main course.

I have the limited edition preordered on PS4 through Gamestop, but they ship day of release, which is absolute garbage. So I'll likely do the digital deluxe to play it the minute it releases and resell the limited later.

Oh and I'll likely buy the PC version later when it's cheap. Definitely want to see how those ultra settings and FPS look and feel like.

Dominator

Already digitally pre-ordered and paid for it on Xbox.

I liked the first enough to play more. Still haven't played the beta but I'm gonna check it out tonight.

border

I'm buying it.

It's really only a question of how many versions I am buying, and if I pick up the Season Pass.

How well does the LFG feature on Xbox work for finding Destiny raids and groups? I honestly think the best experience might be on Xbox One, simply because of that.

You get more time with HoW than TTK? 🤔

Yeah I pretty much played every week with D1 until TTK, the hard mode version of that raid really kinda made me not want to play the game anymore weirdly enough. Just too many people getting angry at Oryx boss fight over people making mistakes.

I loved HoW, mostly trying different ways to cheese the Skolas fight. The good old days of 3 guys with gally running in and killing him in 30 seconds, etc.

How well does the LFG feature on Xbox work for finding Destiny raids and groups? I honestly think the best experience might be on Xbox One, simply because of that.

Isn't LFG built into destiny 2 now for everything except the highest tier of PVP and PVE? I thought raids were gonna be matchmade except for hard mode.

eizarus

Banned
Yeah I pretty much played every week with D1 until TTK, the hard mode version of that raid really kinda made me not want to play the game anymore weirdly enough. Just too many people getting angry at Oryx boss fight over people making mistakes.

I loved HoW, mostly trying different ways to cheese the Skolas fight. The good old days of 3 guys with gally running in and killing him in 30 seconds, etc.
That raid was a pain in the ass on hard. The one from RoI wasn't as bad (forgot the name of the raid)

In for PC version at 4k/60.

Never even owned the first one, and was kinda bored when I played it at a friends house. So it doesn't really make sense why I even want to buy the second one, but nonetheless I will.

Floody

Already paid for.
Got it through PSN Store
Destiny was my go to game when bored, nothing in the beta makes me think 2 will be any different.

border

Isn't LFG built into destiny 2 now for everything except the highest tier of PVP and PVE? I thought raids were gonna be matchmade except for hard mode.

Guided Games is not LFG......we really don't know how much it does at this point, but suffice it to say the game will have modes where you can't used Guided Games.

MrS

Banned
Me. Preordered it on PSN with the expansion pass. September 8th can't come quickly enough.

Blam

Didn't ask if you'd not buy it. I asked if you would but thanks for your useless contribution :)

Yeah about to say that those posts weren't the point of the thread. I guess they read the title and posted. Just like reddit users lol

DjRalford

I loved D1 and had it from launch with every expansion , but I'll skip 2 to begin with, will wait to see how it goes on PC and then pick it up on a deal down the line.

Had it pre-ordered until the beta, now it's canceled. Bungie's fascination with balancing their terrible PVP game combined with their mantra that PVE must play like PVP has essentially turned "Become Legend" into "Become Tedious".

Azerth

nope didnt last long in d1 and nothing has made me want to give it a second try. that said i hope its fun for those that are getting it

Top Bottom