• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Fractured but Whole |OT| Asses of Fire Emblem

Roussow

Great OT, replayed the game on ps3 a few weeks back in preperation, it's nice to play an RPG that's a brisk 8 - 12 hours long. That game still looks great, too, stuttering issues aside, it hasn't aged at all, it really does perfectly emulate the shows style. Oh, and it was an Aussie copy, so I got that pretty hilarious crying koala splash screen for the censored stuff, it's a really funny touch.
Any word on when the review embargo is up?

WaterAstro

I wonder if there should be an episode guide in the OT with the the episodes where they actually played superheroes.

There was the first Coon episode with Mysterion, then the Coon and Friends Trilogy, and the latest superhero episode that aired last week.

Floody

Fuck, I completely forgot about this. Was planning to play Stick of Truth leading up to it and everything.

Do physical editions come with The Stick of Truth? Or is that Digital only?

NKnight7

Neo Member
Can't wait! Have it already loaded on the PS4 and ready to play come Monday night. :)

Still debating on what class I'll pick...

Roussow

I wonder if there should be an episode guide in the OT with the the episodes where they actually played superheroes.

There was the first Coon episode with Mysterion, then the Coon and Friends Trilogy, and the latest superhero episode that aired last week.

That's a really great idea, if someone could drop the season and episode numbers for those relevant episodes that would be much appreciated. I've either never seen those episodes or have forgotten the details.

NKnight7

Neo Member
That's a really great idea, if someone could drop the season and episode numbers for those relevant episodes that would be much appreciated. I've either never seen those episodes or have forgotten the details.

The first episodes they appeared in are from Season 14; episodes 11, 12, and 13. It was a three episode arc.

N° 2048

Lucky!

I've had it pre-ordered since E3 2015 and it says shipping 25th...Hate Amazon more and more with each passing game release.

Oh, I do too, this a freaking miracle. They missed five release date deliveries years. I can't keep up with how many free months of Prime and $5 credits they've given me. I'm floored this is happening. We'll see. Prepare for the worst I say but it's at the facility and says due tomorrow for delivery.

Don't see myself renewing Prime but I'll wait for the E3 deals

Well, I just rewatched the whole thing, so...

S13 ep02 - The Coon
S14 ep11 - Coon 2 - Hindsight
S14 ep12 - Mysterion Rises
S14 ep13 - Coon Vs. Coon & Friends
S21 ep04 - Franchise Prequel

Thanks!

WaterAstro

S13 ep02 - The Coon

NKnight7

Neo Member

S13 ep02 - The Coon

Oh yeah, I forgot about season 13's episode. Thanks for the list!

Nice OT! I hope the local post is on point and gets my copy to me by tomorrow. Got that nifty collector's edition with the Cartman Coon figure.

Fuck, I completely forgot about this. Was planning to play Stick of Truth leading up to it and everything.

Do physical editions come with The Stick of Truth? Or is that Digital only?

I'm not sure if it's the same with every retailer but I bought mine from the ubi-store and apparently they'll include a download code for Stick of Truth with it.

BigDug13

So if I preorder I can get the Stick of Truth, but does the code immediately get sent to me? Also is this the only way to play stick of truth on PS4?

Robert807

So if I preorder I can get the Stick of Truth, but does the code immediately get sent to me? Also is this the only way to play stick of truth on PS4?

I ordered this game on Thursday. Sick of the truth starts to download right away. No codes involved.

I honestly haven't looked into the game much cause I wanted to go in blind but the episode from last week was great. I hope Mark Zuckerberg is in, I want to see if it's truly impossible to block his shtoyle.

Cheapest place in the UK for this?

I know Smyth's are doing it for £36 (I think) if you pre-order and collect from store but there isn't one close to me.

So hyped for this!
Got my pre-load started this morning and with a week off work, I''m gonna fold myself into this game.

The prequel episode from last week was damn good and got me even more hype.

weekev

Banned
So if I preorder this from Amazon do I get a code for Stick of Truth sent now or will it be in the box for Fractured But Whole? It was my birthday yesterday and got £30 Amazon vouchers which means I’ll put a tenner towards it. Interested to see if I can play the first game today to get a flavour for it before I get the new one.

ZeroX03

Banned
12 Super Hero Classes (Brutalist, Blaster, Speedster, Elementalist, Gadgeteer, Mystic, Cyborg, Psychic, Assassin, Commander, Netherborn, and Karate Kid).

what if I'm already a speedster

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Anyone know if this will lock at midnight on steam in the uk or will they release it to match midnight in the US?

Uplay says midnight CET.

t1508194800z0.png

Chopper

I cannot wait to see this Towelie DLC. It'll likely be the only DLC I buy
Don't get too excited... :/

I kind of wish they retained the RPG gameplay of the first.
There are even more RPG elements than the first game, friend. Do not worry.

I really wish we could get a second quote for that or a clarification. That article is using the gamesradar story which was posted a day or so the original story- where previewers actually talked to devs at the studio- and it doesn't have the full quote GR got, just verbatim. Not sure what to believe.
It most certainly is implemented. I am playing through in hard black mode as we speak!

Kovacs

I really wish we could get a second quote for that or a clarification. That article is using the gamesradar story which was posted a day or so the original story- where previewers actually talked to devs at the studio- and it doesn't have the full quote GR got, just verbatim. Not sure what to believe.

The difficulty slider is there but there is a voiceover that says something to the effect of "This won't affect how difficult the game is, only everything else in your life".

There is a difficulty option for battles, but it's implemented in the traditional way.

Does anyone know what time the game will become available on the US steam store? I'm in Australia and debating whether to pick this up tomorrow morning or waiting until later in the day to dl from steam, but the pre-purchase option says it'll unlock on the 18th when I move it into my cart.

Top Bottom