• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait how does a White House legal team not know impeachment procedures already?

1481ed5.jpg

Man you used to be able to just stay in one thread when dealing with Trump news headlines, now there is like 5 different bomb shells going on.

Wait how does a White House legal team not know impeachment procedures already?

It's actually kind of an obtuse procedure in the actual execution of it. It's only been done a handful of times, and is pretty Ad-hoc in a lot of aspects to it.

There's a lot of writing to be looked at it WRT it that is very speculative.

It is understandable for them to be researching past procedures and looking at all possibilities.

Slacker

Wouldn't read too much into the legal team researching a possible scenario.

You can look at it one of two ways:

1) It's more than a vague possibility at this point.

2) It's what any competent legal team would do, in which case I'm shocked that Trump apparently has a competent legal team.

The trip is the reset.

Administration hopes that the trip goes through without any issues, he gives some well received speech, talks up America everywhere, gets positive press - "Oh look, Trump gave a ok speech" and allows them to go past Russia and Comey.

This. Totally! And just wait, once again, if he gives a speech without shitting himself or drooling on his taped-on-the-back tie, the media will start calling him Presidential again. smh

Slacker

How do you do that? Air quotes I know but not air parenthesis

Looks just like the heil Hitler sign. Easy for them to remember.

Also new from Daily Beast:

Trump Officials: ‘He Looks More and More Like a Complete Moron'.

This. Totally! And just wait, once again, if he gives a speech without shitting himself or drooling on his taped-on-the-back tie, the media will start calling him Presidential again. smh

Steven Miller wrote the speech. If it's something more than shit smeared on a napkin I'll be pleasantly surprised.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Looks just like the heil Hitler sign. Easy for them to remember.

Also new from Daily Beast:

Trump Officials: ‘He Looks More and More Like a Complete Moron’.

Steven Miller wrote the speech. If it's something more than shit smeared on a napkin I'll be pleasantly surprised.

linked article said:
(Senior staffers who escaped aboard Air Force One included Chief of Staff Reince Priebus, Chief Strategist Steve Bannon, Senior Advisor Jared Kushner, Director of Strategic Communications Hope Hicks, Press Secretary Sean Spicer, and National Security Advisor H.R. McMaster.)
Omg that going to be a fun 14 hour plane ride lmao.

The fact that something like this is even theoretically possible means that we desperately need an Amendment limiting the power of the Presidential pardon.
This is what I was thinking.

Because I can't see a legal reason as to why that wouldn't work.

Normally it would never happen because it was assumed someone who made it into the White House would never dream of doing something like that.

We're going to have to look really hard and set ourselves up to better protect our institutions incase another mad man wins

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
That impeachment thing doesn't come out of nowhere. My question is: What was the catalyst?

1) The investigation picking up steam?

or

2) GOP members finally hinting at impeachment?

Maledict

A sentence from that Daily Beast article that really annoys me from a republican:

“I can’t see Trump resigning or even being impeached, but at this point I wish he’d grow a brain and be the man that he sold himself as on the campaign.”

He was always this bad. Anyone with half a brain cell knew the guy was a complete fucking moron from his very first speech. The GOPs lust for power and absolute craven cowardice meant they just tried to ignore it and focussed on hating Hillary. The republicans should have done what the French conservatives did, and reject him absolutely. Instead they sold their souls for tax cuts for the rich and punishing poor people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom