• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project CARS (crowdsourcing) racing sim by Slightly Mad Studios (fully funded 3.75M)

Mascot

Does this unlock now on PSN EU or in one hour?

Edit: just checked, playable in 39 mins. Good job too, I'm halfway through a workout, sweating like a baptist...

Elfish

I don't think so. Asetto Corsa does though so you might want to get that instead if you weren't already aware. It's more of a sim than Proj CARS.

I've bought Project Cars on GMG with a 20% discount code ;-)
Now waiting for the unlock on steam.

Buburibon

I must be missing something here, or there really isn't a way to quit the game with a controller on PC? It looks like I need a mouse to click the "X" on the upper right corner in order to quit. Thanks!

Shaneus

Just sharing some PS4 gameplay, for those still waiting :D

Bac Mono on Bathurst
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOIJcGzQgQA

GUMPERT Apollo S on Nordschleife (before i knew about wiper button lol)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TW_0MUnyloI

Pagani Huayara on Azure Coast
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKawK3iTNAM

Audi R8 LMS Ultra on Imola
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzsuhX9u9jY

Lotus 72D Cosworth on Sakitto GP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KH4M8rJO3AY

Ruf Ctr3 on 24hrs Le Mans
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2d706p8UHHA

Marek RP LMP1 on Road America
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NU8dcKjOet0
Oh shit. I knew the PS4 ghosting thing is barely noticeable with 60fps videos (only when paused), but at the default 30fps PS4 capture, it's all I can see. Yikes.

microtubule

Any impressions on how it plays with a controller? I'm not really interested in buying a new racing wheel at the moment, but I'd like to play the game on the PS4.

On PC using a 360 wired. Coming from Assetto Corsa I will need to get used to PCars but after a few laps it is getting much easier!

s33r

Neo Member
Quickly gave Project Cars a spin this morning before work. Handles differently to Forza of course but looks promising and previews I've read about the AI doesn't make me terrified to try a race when I get home tonight. Took the PrC equivalent of an F1 car around Catalunya button layout was a bit odd with shift on LB & RB (which I changed to my usual Forza layout) and the turning is a little skittish but I would imagine that could be sorted by a sensitivity change. Haven't had a chance to try the different weather effects etc but yeah, from the quick spin I'm rather excited.

Azzawon

I started the game last night at 12 midnight in the UK on XB1. Started career in Tier 8 karts and I've got to say that they are impossibly difficult to drive with a pad. I managed to eek out a gap with the AI set to 80 on the slider, but only after a few restarts of getting used to the handling. I know actual cars will handle much better, but I can't see myself enjoying the karts unless I find a comfortable setting for them.

danowat

Banned
I started the game last night at 12 midnight in the UK on XB1. Started career in Tier 8 karts and I've got to say that they are impossibly difficult to drive with a pad. I managed to eek out a gap with the AI set to 80 on the slider, but only after a few restarts of getting used to the handling. I know actual cars will handle much better, but I can't see myself enjoying the karts unless I find a comfortable setting for them.

Yeah, they pretty much blow.

Only tip I can give is, don't brake, just coast into corners.

Speech

I thought I'd be annoyed having to get thru the kart championship (I like to start at the bottom and work my way up), but they have been a lot of fun.

Won quite easily in the end, and am tempted to spend more time with them, but there is soo much more to experience.

Blizzard

Banned
Does anyone more up to date have a link for what DLC is included in the different tier levels? I'm seeing "Limited Edition Upgrade - 001", "Manager", and "Modified Car Pack - 002" on Steam.

nikos

Anyone up for some kart racing on PS4?

Pretty disappointed that there are no online time trials for karts. They're currently my favorite class.

https://twitter.com/Phazon4G/status/602764309316374529

At the moment we're running at about 23FPS on the WiiU.
Honestly, unless we really cut the looks back I think we're looking to Nintendo's next console. 720p yes.

"Semi-officially dead" is pretty sensationalist. Ian is hoping for a hardware announcement at E3 and I dunno, I guess expecting it to release this year? That's not happening. At the earliest, we're about 18 months away from new hardware from Nintendo. And that's not even considering that the handheld will likely be replaced before the console.

Seanspeed

Banned
"Semi-officially dead" is pretty sensationalist. Ian is hoping for a hardware announcement at E3 and I dunno, I guess expecting it to release this year? That's not happening. At the earliest, we're about 18 months away from new hardware from Nintendo. And that's not even considering that the handheld will likely be replaced before the console.
It's not sensationalist to say the Wii U version is semi-officially dead.

And yea, new Nintendo console not likely til 2018. 2017 at the very earliest.

I say it's sensationalist because Ian goes on to clarify that if new hardware isn't on the horizon, they will continue to work on the Wii U version. So if they want to release the game before 2018, they'll likely do just that. I don't think they'll delay the game for another 2 years just to avoid trying to squeeze an extra 7fps out of the Wii U.

I say it's sensationalist because Ian goes on to clarify that if new hardware isn't on the horizon, they will continue to work on the Wii U version. So if they want to release the game before 2018, they'll likely do just that. I don't think they'll delay the game for another 2 years just to avoid trying to squeeze an extra 7fps out of the Wii U.

They also say that "We could reach a fairly solid 30FPS but it might take a hell of a lot of work" and "So we're playing a waiting game at the moment and yes, economics do come in to it".

Basically they are not currently working on it and from the financial point of view a WiiU version is probably not convenient (and it will never be).

To me this sound like a cancellation.

Has anybody got any tips on driving the 125cc shifter karts, I'm happy with my controller setup but I can't drive smoothly as the karts are so goddamn twitchy.

Fox Mulder

it's baffling to me how they can coast until 2018 for a new home console. The wiiu is fucking dead and nothing will save it. Splatoon is only the 3rd retail game released this year in NA.

I don't even understand why there's a big outcry over a wiiu version of pcars or a fear to just admit canceling a game that will sell like shit anyways. It was a neat promise to release the game when they announced it, but makes no sense now.

digi

Neo Member
Hi
Comparative video of the new graphics card driver Amd, I improve just 10%, pays half in this game similar Nvidia card

greeting

I got a much better increase than that on a 290. One thing I have noticed is that the game looks odd with motion blur off. Can't find a way of decribing it better than it makes the game look really jerky without motion blur even though it has a negligable fps increase with it off. But with it even on low it gives the game a bit of a slow motion effect.

IISANDERII

Got this a couple of weeks ago during a PSN sale for $15, what a steal! I'm using a dual shock 4 and it's tough but found some settings online that seems to be good.

I started with karts but didn't like it, now I restarted a career and am doing Formula Rookie and I love the driving model for the most part. You have to be smooth! Oversteer, understeer, it's all right there ready to slap you. And cold tires are a killer! Once the tires are up to temperature, you can really attack the track but you still need to be cautious. The delicate grip means that wheel to wheel racing is extremely treacherous and fleeting. In something like GT5/6 there could be constant wheel to wheel action without anybody flying off the circuit.

Anyway I've been gradually putting up the AI difficulty and am now at 77, zero assists. Won the British Formula Rookie Championship and now about to secure the World FR Driver's title.

Any tips for a newb to get the most enjoyment out of this?

edit thanks mascot

Mascot

Got this a couple of weeks ago during a PSN sale for $15, what a steal! I'm using a dual shock 4 and it's tough but found some settings online that seems to be good.

I started with karts but didn't like it, now I restarted a career and am doing Formula Rookie and I love the driving model for the most part. You have to be smooth! Oversteer, understeer, it's all right there ready to slap you. And cold tires are a killer! Once the tires are up to temperature, you can really attack the track but you still need to be cautious. The delicate grip means that wheel to wheel racing is extremely treacherous and fleeting. In something like GT5/6 there could be constant wheel to wheel action without anybody flying off the circuit.

Anyway I've been gradually putting up the AI difficulty and am now at 77, zero assists. Won the British Formula Rookie Championship and now about to secure the World FR Driver's title.

Any tips for a newb to get the most enjoyment out of this?

Everyone moved to the OT a long time ago - I think you'll have better luck there.

click away

Top Bottom