• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 12/23/08 (Christmas Week)... Suikoden!

Baha

We should do a Suikoden thread since I'm sure a lot of people here will be replaying it and if we're lucky, a few will try it for the 1st time.

Jim

Is Suikoden 1 still worth something? I know I sold my used copy of II for like $120+ last year, but wasn't sure about 1.

HBroward

Wow, this may go down as the Christmas Miracle of 2008. Unless Nintendo drops something crazy like Earthbound, this is it. Excuse me while I go purchase this for the second time in my life now.

STG

wat!
suikoden?!?!?!?
do it in europe too konami/scee! DO IT!

I repeat.. DO IT!

to make it clear DOOOOOOOO IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTt

le.phat

ZOMGRRLL!!!

wait a tick, i've played this game to completion over a dozen times, and own a physical copy of it. why am i geektripping out here ??? *shrugs*

F YEAH SUIKODEN!!! KONAMI, LEEETS GOOOOOOOO!!!

Teknoman

lupinko said:
Because it doesn't, same reason why Toro the Cat doesn't work with LBP NTSCU/C. ='(

But people with different copies of the game can still see the other person's costume right?

Jim

Flunkie said:
With this great of a reception, you'd think there would be more PS1 releases.

500 - Internal Server Error :lol

3 in the span of less than a week (2 last Thursday and 1 tonight) is a damn good start. Now if they can only keep it up.

Crisis

Banned
God damn PSN is taking up a lot of money today. Lumines + MGS DLC + Suikoden

$15 + $12 + $6 = $33. I think today will probably be a good day for the PSN. If they can ever load it up on time.

Teknoman

Nakazato said:
never played any good ?
2qb8a6a.jpg

Holy shit! Suikoden!

Played it when I was like 16 or something and beat it. Remeber getting the poo ending I believe (if there was one). Will definitely buy!

So... are you all happy because Suikoden 1 is being release or are you all happy because you think Suikoden 2 will soon follow?

All I know about the series is that 2 is a fan favorite and everyone hates 4

All I've played is Tactics (and really did enjoy it)

HamPster PamPster said:
So... are you all happy because Suikoden 1 is being release or are you all happy because you think Suikoden 2 will soon follow?

All I know about the series is that 2 is a fan favorite and everyone hates 4

All I've played is Tactics (and really did enjoy it)

I've only played the 1st one and have very fond memories of it...

sw26

Steroyd said:
What are the chances of the Euromonkey giving us a nice christmas present like dem peeps across the pond? :|

I wouldn't hold your breath for a surprise.

Because I don't think humans were designed not to breathe indefinitely.

:(

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
So i never played Suikoden, i didnt even know that existed... but everyone is so happy about that, so im happy because you are happy.

LBP MGS4 DLC is the greatest thing ever done (With the exception of MGS4)

It's incredible how full PSOne games cost that...and SNES games on the VC cost almost DOUBLE.

A lot more development effort goes into a VC release than a PS1 PSN release. VC games all have emulators written specifically for that game (With a requirement of 100% perfection) and have the instruction manuals written and coded, PSN releases on the other hand are literally just ISO dumps with a standard image reader API that shows scans of the original manual that run off the PS3's standard built in PS1 emulator (Which isn't quite perfect for all games, FF9 has noticeable problems and that's a pretty major release!)

Edit: Oh for fucks sake, not again! That's two weeks on the trot I've been disappointed by the MGS pack :(

Top Bottom