• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So how bad is the Switch stock situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw about 10 sitting on the shelf in my local target. I plan on getting one soon, but I am hoping for a special edition during the holidays. (till then I can borrow one from friends)

I purchased one of two Switches available at a Target in Spokane Valley at the end of July. I'm from Canada so I saved ~$50 buying the Switch and MK8D with no sales tax in Washington State.

My son is pumped because two of his friends just received Switches as well in the last three days.

Too bad Joy-Cons are $100 up here. I may need to plan another trip to the States soon especially with the CDN dollar climbing back up.

Saw this today at the grocery store.

Dv1coqI.jpg

jariw

In Sweden, after a few months with good stock supplies (for both the blue/red and the grey model) the grey model is now hard to find. One of the biggest chain (Webhallen) even says that there are long delivery times on the grey model.

Saving units for Mario Odyssey launch?

In Sweden, after a few months with good stock supplies (for both the blue/red and the grey model) the grey model is now hard to find. One of the biggest chain (Webhallen) even says that there are long delivery times on the grey model.

Saving units for Mario Odyssey launch?

I wouldn't be surprised if there's just more demand too with Odyssey right around the corner. And the DOOM/Wolf2 announcement might have upped demand a bit too.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
DC area, I finally seen some in stores. 3 at a Walmart.

Hope this means better stock from now on.

Ashhong

Seems the demand is slowing down quite a bit? The Mario bundle is readily available on Best Buy for preorder. I thought it would go pretty quick

bumpkin

I finally saw some in the wild a few days ago. Four w/ Gray Joy-Con at a Target and a few Splatoon 2 bundles at a Walmart in southeastern New Hampshire.

DC area, I finally seen some in stores. 3 at a Walmart.

Hope this means better stock from now on.

I don't know if you're only looking in Wal-Marts, but in northern Virginia, I've seen quite a few at several Targets. A couple of weeks ago, I even saw the neon version in stock at two different targets.

I haven't looked at Wal-Marts. But I've looked at Best Buy, and there it's is a mixed bag. Stock seems low, although they do have one or two at several stores.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
I saw 2 at the local best buy in the Atlanta area. Third time I've seen them in the wild.

On a side note, most of the Switch sections I have seen at local retailers are just awful. Target has Switch games mixed in with WiiU titles, with their promotion products for Switch just laying around and not in their designated cases. Walmart has some Switch titles alongside WiiU games, and others with the 3DS section. Best Buy has a total of nine Switch games on display, and no stock for key titles such as Breath of the Wild and Mario + Rabbids.

ZugZug123

Local Target in Fremont, CA had about 4-5 gray ones. Seems Switch is no longer scalpable. Buy it now if you plan on gifting during holidays.

Retrofluxed

Just picked up a Neon Switch at Target in Destin, FL. Our Target, Best Buy and Wal-Mart have seemed well stocked these last couple of weeks as I've been tempted every time we ran to the store. I can't wait to play Mario Kart with my oldest. Any chance of seeing a Xenoblade Chronicles X port? I missed out on that one.

Shiggy

The I think shortages have been over for months now for the most part.
Outside Japan that is.

Might change again due to a lack of shipments. In Germany, it's sold out again on Amazon.de and many Media Markt/Saturn outlets don't have systems available for pickup either. This is mainly because the last big shipment was in July with Splatoon 2, but still.

Is Switch's stock overall still really limited or are they much easier to see out in the wild? Since I got my Switch back in June I never really looked to see if they are easy to find now.

Vena

Might change again due to a lack of shipments. In Germany, it's sold out again on Amazon.de and many Media Markt/Saturn outlets don't have systems available for pickup either. This is mainly because the last big shipment was in July with Splatoon 2, but still.

Aside from Japan, it seems to me like Nintendo heavily stocks a market then moves would-be supply to another for some time.

It doesn't seem like they have dedicated continuous streams of shipment right now.

bucklam66

Starting to see them in stock a lot more often...in the ohio-michigan area if you go to a Meijer they usually have 3-8 in stock now at all times.

Theonik

Aside from Japan, it seems to me like Nintendo heavily stocks a market then moves would-be supply to another for some time.

It doesn't seem like they have dedicated continuous streams of shipment right now.
They rushed the launch before they could stockpile enough units to establish a constant supply stream yes, but for the most part it's stabilised now. With online retailers it's a non-issue now. It's only an issue with retail as that requires a very substantial number of units sitting on shelves.

Vena

They rushed the launch before they could stockpile enough units to establish a constant supply stream yes, but for the most part it's stabilised now. With online retailers it's a non-issue now. It's only an issue with retail as that requires a very substantial number of units sitting on shelves.

Online retail in the US is still spotty, Amazon never has stock and Gamestop only has (last I checked) bundles.

And as Shiggy noted, German online retail has dried up as well.

I am not really disagreeing with the idea that they have reached better stability, mind.

Do you think itll be impossible to find the super mario odysesy bundle? I just started a new job and will be easily able to afford one by oct 27th. Is there anywhere to preorder it still or will i have to go bundle hunting after 3 pm(when my shift ends) on the 27th?

In the us, rhode island/massachusetts area if that matters

Renna Hazel

Do you think itll be impossible to find the super mario odysesy bundle? I just started a new job and will be easily able to afford one by oct 27th. Is there anywhere to preorder it still or will i have to go bundle hunting after 3 pm(when my shift ends) on the 27th?

You can preorder at gamestop.com
They seem to be well stocked with units.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

Amazon seems to be a no go right now, but GameStop and Best Buy appear to have preorders open.

Cyanity

Banned

It's gonna be tough for sure. Especially in the more populated RI/MA area.

No demand in the used market right now. I'm trying to sell mine after tiring of Mario Kart, but might just keep it for Odyssey and then sell it.

Shiggy

Online retail in the US is still spotty, Amazon never has stock and Gamestop only has (last I checked) bundles.

I am not really disagreeing with the idea that they have reached better stability, mind.

In general it's still easy to get one online in Germany. It's just Amazon.de that's out of stock. And it's also not as widely available in retail stores anymore.

It seems that Amazon has stock right now, Prime only

The James

Neo Member
It seems that Amazon has stock right now, Prime only

Still in stock at Amazon. I also saw full cases at my local Walmart and Target today.

It seems like Switch stock is getting close to 'normal' outside of Japan, at least for the moment. It will be interesting to see how things look after Odyssey's launch.

yunbuns

Outside of a 3DS, I've never owned a Nintendo console/handheld but I'm thinking about taking a leap of faith and buying one on Amazon since it's back at $300 for prime members. I really wish there were more bundles or at least more ported Wii-U games though.

Renna Hazel

Outside of a 3DS, I've never owned a Nintendo console/handheld but I'm thinking about taking a leap of faith and buying one on Amazon since it's back at $300 for prime members. I really wish there were more bundles or at least more ported Wii-U games though.

Did you enjoy 3DS?

Renna Hazel

I enjoyed the games I had overall but probability doesn't really interest me so I ended up playing it at home 99% of the time. I don't really see things being any different with the switch in that regard.

Then you should go for it. I play my Switch docked 90 percent of the time. Works perfectly fine as a console.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom