• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default |OT| For the Americas

Goli

MEdZg8u.jpg

Links of interest:
Remember to spoiler tag your posts properly, don't ruin the game for others!

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Beautiful OP :)

Really excited for my CE to arrive tomorrow! Hopefully Bravely Default is as successful as Fire Emblem Awakening for Nintendo. Seems to be following the same trajectory and hype!

TheContact

I posted this in the other thread before this one was created, but my local gamestop was only getting 15 copies

Game shipped today! Super excited. Been a while since I was anticipating a traditional JRPG this much (i.e something other than Pokemon). I kinda regret not getting the CE but it isn't a huge deal. I've already listened to the soundtrack way more than is probably acceptable.

Ridley327

I posted this in the other thread before this one was created, but my local gamestop was only getting 15 copies

Our Best Buy didn't get many copies in, either. Five CEs, but a mere three copies of the regular game. I suspect that Nintendo is testing the waters with this first shipment.

I usually don't get CEs but this one is an exception. It's cheaper and so worth it!

No day off for me but I'm getting it anyway!

I still think Bravely Default is a odd title. Should've been a FF title. Maybe it'd sell more? Or would it matter?

TheContact

Our Best Buy didn't get many copies in, either. Five CEs, but a mere three copies of the regular game. I suspect that Nintendo is testing the waters with this first shipment.

My gamestop didn't even have one CE, the guy said if I wanted it he would have to order it for me and he doesn't know when it would be in =x. This is usually a store that has a lot of copies of new releases too, I hope it wasn't because not a lot of units were shipped

Man, the wait for this has been looooooong. I mean, I'm not complaining cause 3DS's library is meaty as fuck, and SMTIV alone has me pretty busy, but SE sure took its sweet ass time to bring this to NA.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Can't wait to pick this up tomorrow. I'm mad excited.

Out of curiosity, did we ever find out exactly what was censored for the western releases? I know a couple of costumes were, and I know the ages were changed, but last I heard, nobody was able to confirm whether or not there were any changes to the dialogue/other stuff like that.

heatbeams

Neo Member
Got a copy last night and I've only only played about an hour or so, but I'm already really digging it. The music and characters are all very charming. Plus it looks great in 3D. :)

TheContact

Can't wait to pick this up tomorrow. I'm mad excited.

Out of curiosity, did we ever find out exactly what was censored for the western releases? I know a couple of costumes were, and I know the ages were changed, but last I heard, nobody was able to confirm whether or not there were any changes to the dialogue/other stuff like that.

The only other thing they changed besides what you mentioned is some of the dialogue with sexual innuendos were toned down.

Poo on GameStop for not opening until 10am when I have to be at work for 830. Will have to wait until I get out to get this =/

For those who don't know: the back of the instruction manual in the game case has an AR card image. Tried it at a Nintendo event last Sunday. It was pretty cool

I really hope I get into this game and it hooks me. So far, all the Matrix Soft games did: FFIII & IV DS remakes, and even 4 Heroes of Light.

I don't know what it is about their games I enjoy but they scratch that JRPG itch that I missed in the good ol days.

ohlawd

Is the other OT full of spoilers and that's why this one exists?

I'm gonna go to the mall early tomorrow so I can pop in this baby in no time flat.

Sera O

Banned
By some freak accident I got my copy yesterday (though the CE box was squished. . . whatever), and I love it so far. I didn't play the demo at all, so it's totally fresh to me. The art direction is great and the game does feel like a return to classic FF so far.

I need more villagers so they can work around the clock to pay me tribute, pharaoh-style.

Also, I don't have any 3DS friends, so feel free to add me (FC in profile).

Got my CE from Worst Buy today, they called and said come pickup your order, sticker clearly said set aside 2/6 pickup on 2/7, but I wasn't going to question. Opening Cinematic is excellent!!!

I haven't play much turn-based JRPGs outside Mario and Pokemon.

Guess this will be my 1st Final Fantasy as well. Looking forward to it.

Top Bottom