• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 Firmware 4.10 - WEB BROWSER IMPROVEMENTS JEFF_RIGBY REDEEMED

Hopefully it's a major upgrade that Jeff has been rambling about

They have tweaked the browser in the past to work better with Facebook but it hasn't really been updated since they added flash

The "vindication" stuff is all a joke right? Does anyone really believe based on that story that it's an actual full update? I'll believe it when I see it.

Actually, it's not unbelievable that they trashed their existing browser work (from what, 2006?) and ported something more modern.

Of course, Jeff_Rigby connected some dots that may not have even been on the same page, so to speak.

WillyFive

Always great for console browsers to be improved. If it wasn't for websites gradually becoming too much for the Wii's processor and memory to handle, it would have been a serious alternative for casually using the Internet.

dIPsW.gif

Jeff Rigby is the reason why Sony updated the PS3 browser, all that research that he did was later used by Sony to enhance the browser, thank you based Rigby. You're a titan among mortals.

Bow.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
The bigger news is it looks like after six years, they may have finally fixed the PS3 clock?

Every time your PS3 system to connect to PlayStation ® Network (PSN) are prepared in the time you can precisely set via the Internet. For this you go into the XMB (XrossMediaBar) on [Settings]> [Date and Time Settings] [Automatic Settings] to.

Finally! No more falling a minute behind every week and having to resync!

Let's hope the system date management thingy is also fixed! Unlike 2010 this year is an actual leap year... o.o;

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Finally! No more falling a minute behind every week and having to resync!

Let's hope the system date management thingy is also fixed! Unlike 2010 this year is an actual leap year... o.o;
The Horror... the horror

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
YOU SON OF THE BITCH

HE DID IT!

Just as I'm getting my PS3 back tomorrow and Vita next week. browser updates like candy up in here.

slider

Update is live. Downloading now.

I thought you were shitting me...

The Internet browser has been improved.
Some websites that could not be displayed, including interactive websites, are now supported, and page layouts are now displayed with better accuracy.

As this PS3 is switched on any websites folk want checking out?

UFRA

lol at some of the translation grammar errors.

Downloading the update now. The clock feature is nice.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
This is amazing. One of the few updates actually adding features and there isnt even a blog post? SONY STYLE!

Haha. This is hilarious. Specially since there were a couple of gaffers who thought being total dicks to him was somehow funny.

Top Bottom