• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Straight Right (Mass Effect 3 Wii U) porting AAA Square-Enix game to Wii U

AzaK

I'm sure it will end up being Tomb Raider.
Besides, that note from Go Nintendo mentions it will be a port from a game that will be released in 2013 and Tomb Raider falls in that description.

Believe!! :D

9ydo3.png
PLEASE!

What recent Square Enix game runs on Unreal Engine 3? I guess since they are working on Mass Effect 3 for Wii U they would give them a game that runs on the same engine.

if they are porting ME3 that means that no advance AA will be used?

Seriously if the next gen titles have jaggies I am done with console gaming.

They should at least be using FXAA in ME3 for Wii U......the 360 version had that. Having no AA in current gen ports to Wii U would be a red flag that developers are being lazy since turning on AA in a game doesn't cost much of anything financially for a developer.

AzaK

They should at least be using FXAA in ME3 for Wii U......the 360 version had that. Having no AA in current gen ports to Wii U would be a red flag that developers are being lazy since turning on AA in a game doesn't cost much of anything financially for a developer.

You're forgetting that the Wii U is less powerful than the 360 and PS3. Nintendo also cheaped out and left the AA transistors out of the silicon which only leaves the audio DSP to do the work and it's already busy with the sound.

Meelow

Banned
You're forgetting that the Wii U is less powerful than the 360 and PS3. Nintendo also cheaped out and left the AA transistors out of the silicon which only leaves the audio DSP to do the work and it's already busy with the sound.

But how many shaders does the Wii U have?, 5 or 10?

I also heard the Wii U "doesn't have enough graphics" so does that mean it has 2 or 3 graphics?

PhantomR

Banned
Tomb Raider.

Hopefully Square Enix doesn't pull an EA and do something REALLY FUCKING STUPID to undermine sales of this title. I'm sure Straight Right is thrilled with how EA handled that Mass Effect 3 bullshit.

NFreak

Didn't Game Informer recently have a Tomb Raider preview in which they listed the game coming out for Wii U? It has to be that.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Tomb Raider.

Hopefully Square Enix doesn't pull an EA and do something REALLY FUCKING STUPID to undermine sales of this title. I'm sure Straight Right is thrilled with how EA handled that Mass Effect 3 bullshit.

I doubt they care.

I'd be astonished if they get paid any bonuses for performance.

Meesh

A port of a AAA title/franchise.... Why not a reboot of the game that started it all? FF1 remake? Lol

antitrop

Square hasn't made anything good in years, however they publish some outstanding stuff. Good news for WiiU fans, most likely.

Tomb Raider previews have been rather bad so far, haven't they?

I thought most people had a positive impression about this game. Only bad thing I've heard about it from an outsider (not a fan of the franchise) was the comments the developer said about women, which I think is bullshit.

zroid

Banned
It's totally Lightning Returns, you guys

continuing the Wii U's legacy of having only the third entry of trilogies

I thought most people had a positive impression about this game. Only bad thing I've heard about it from an outsider (not a fan of the franchise) was the comments the developer said about women, which I think is bullshit.

GAF has been calling in Uncharted but in a negative context for months.

bluemax

Banned
A port of a AAA title/franchise.... Why not a reboot of the game that started it all? FF1 remake? Lol

As someone who worked at a port house, you generally take port work as a low risk way to build up your technical staff's know how of a platform.

Terrell

So it's basically Tomb Raider then.

Well then... seems that this proves the obvious: we can't listen to what developers say about games coming to a platform or not, when a publisher can override the developer's decision via ports from another team.

Who else is guilty of deferring on a WiiU port? Aside from Kojima, of course, since Konami's not smart enough to realize that they don't take orders from him.

Kandinsky

I doubt it'll be anything huge from their Japanese office. I place my bet on Sleeping Dogs.

At one point the Japanese office, awhile ago, made a comment about how they have a good relationship with Sony and want to continue to make their Final Fantasy games there. So yeah, I just don't ever see a FF happening on the Wii U... unless, they changed their mind. At least, I remember reading something like that... trying to find that article but no such luck yet.

LOL!

Kenka

Tomb Raider would be great. I do not think we are talking about a JP game in that case either.
Any other game on the list wouldn't be bad but would show Nintendo's ambitions regarding third-party support.

Eusis

I doubt they care.

I'd be astonished if they get paid any bonuses for performance.
I'd think it's still somewhat exasperating though, whether or not they're getting bonuses, or at least a few of the employees would be somewhat annoyed.

Terrell

At one point the Japanese office, awhile ago, made a comment about how they have a good relationship with Sony and want to continue to make their Final Fantasy games there. So yeah, I just don't ever see a FF happening on the Wii U... unless, they changed their mind. At least, I remember reading something like that... trying to find that article but no such luck yet.

Well, I dunno about all of them, but Kitase sees fit to speak for Square Enix and pretty much confirming that, yes, they may have changed their mind.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/26734

Top Bottom