• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trade In 3DS Get PS Vita For As Low As 149.99 At Best Buy

Emitan

image.php

I'll buy a Vita when they have that lime green one and not a day sooner!

I've been thinking about trading in my 3DS for a while, but it wouldn't be for a Vita, as I had a Vita pre-ordered but then cancelled it. Main thing keeping me from trading in my 3DS is that I plan to get the inevitable redesign and am unsure how I'd go about saving all my stuff. Is it as simple as copying my SD card onto my computer?

You can directly transfer your stuff to the new system, but you need both the old system and the new one.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
This is stupid, specially if you bought a 3DS at full price, it will just mean you bought a VERY expensive Vita.

Launch 3DS= $250
Vita= $250

trade-in value of $100

Total money spent = $400 and just one handheld in your hands, moronic any way you put it.
Resell value is what matters. If you're not gonna use it or if you want a possible revision, you get what you can get considering a new 3DS goes for $170

I'd rather trade in my 3DS for a revision of it than a Vita. That way I can keep my ambassador titles and 3DS games, instead of spending more money than cuz PSV HAZ NO GAMEZ :p

Its not that great a deal at all. Hell I got 100 for my DSi when the 3DS came out and that was at least a last gen handheld for a new gen not a current gen for another current gen.

You can get one brand new for 150-170 dollars. What you got for a previous handheld at a previous time is irrelevant to the current value of a 3DS.

antonz

You can get one brand new for 150-170 dollars. What you got for a previous handheld at a previous time is irrelevant to the current value of a 3DS.

Ok then lets go this angle.

Its a crappy deal because the Vita has the exact same problem everyone who cried about getting a 3DS early had. Nothing in the immediate future worth a damn.

Of course with the 3DS we already knew what the future had coming while with Vita we know nothing. That said I have been considering getting one but there is no way I would abandon my 3DS to get a Vita considering current and future line up potential.

test_account

XP-39C²
Its not that great a deal at all. Hell I got 100 for my DSi when the 3DS came out and that was at least a last gen handheld for a new gen not a current gen for another current gen.
I guess maybe that they pay after how much they can resell it for. When the 3DS came out, wasnt the DSi still quite popular? And how much did a new DSi cost at that time?

That is what I got at EB games.

I figure the it is the most you will get considering the imminent 3DS redesign will all make us buy another one...
Yeah, i saw on Ebay that a new 3DS was around $150, so on second though i guess that $100 for a used one isnt that bad. I first had the MSRP in mind, $179.99.

Its a crappy deal because the Vita has the exact same problem everyone who cried about getting a 3DS early had. Nothing in the immediate future worth a damn.

Of course with the 3DS we already knew what the future had coming while with Vita we know nothing. That said I have been considering getting one but there is no way I would abandon my 3DS to get a Vita considering current and future line up potential.

it's a good deal if $100 is more than what you can normally fetch for a 3DS from Best Buy or Gamestop. That's the only thing that matters. This is obviously not for people who like their 3DS or want to keep playing it.

antonz

I guess maybe that they pay after how much they can resell it for. When the 3DS came out, wasnt the DSi still quite popular? And how much did a new DSi cost at that time?

Yeah, i saw on Ebay that a new 3DS was around $150, so i guess that $100 for a used one isnt that bad. I first had the MSRP in mind, $179.99.

DSi was 169 so yeah the price range is the same to arrive at $100. I just put alot more value into the 3DS as its not a dead system being replaced like the DSi was.

Einbroch

Banned

I'm going to be honest here. Right now, the Vita itself doesn't excite me. What does, however, is the fact that I'm going to be able to play a lot of amazing PSP games that will look better than the originals.

Same story with the 3DS and DS games. I bet a lot of people missed out on some good old DS games. Even if the Vita never comes out with more than 3-4 games that I'm "day one" for (Gravity Rush, Tales of Innocence R, and Ragnarok Oddysey at the moment), I'll be happy, because I'm going to have an amazing backlog that will provide hundreds, if not thousands of hours of entertainment.

I am dead serious when I say I am buying a Vita for PSP games, so I'm happy as a peach. Can't wait until Wednesday.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Except it is that simple...You can transfer your entire system, download history included, to an SD card...

Not ambassador games, from what I understand.

At least I hope you couldn't because I would have totally done that before selling my 3DS. ;_;

sphinx

the piano man
Resell value is what matters. If you're not gonna use it or if you want a possible revision, you get what you can get considering a new 3DS goes for $170

I understand this. Still, if you are giving a 3DS for trade-in for anything, not just a vita, then you did something very wrong by buying it in the first place, the thing is barely a year old and it was damn expensive at launch.

using the deal in the OP It's just paying more for being stupid for buying something you shouldnt have but did, maybe because of hype or something.

you are better off giving it as a present to someone, cause presents also cost money. Give it to your nephews and you just spare some bucks by not buying a present for them and giving them 3DS instead.

antonz

I'm going to be honest here. Right now, the Vita itself doesn't excite me. What does, however, is the fact that I'm going to be able to play a lot of amazing PSP games that will look better than the originals.

Same story with the 3DS and DS games. I bet a lot of people missed out on some good old DS games. Even if the Vita never comes out with more than 3-4 games that I'm "day one" for (Gravity Rush, Tales of Innocence R, and Ragnarok Oddysey at the moment), I'll be happy, because I'm going to have an amazing backlog that will provide hundreds, if not thousands of hours of entertainment.

I am dead serious when I say I am buying a Vita for PSP games, so I'm happy as a peach. Can't wait until Wednesday.

This I could certainly see and I think it does have a good chance to reignite PSP game sales to some degree. It would be nice to see actual sales numbers from the digital side of things.

Massa

I understand this. Still, if you are giving a 3DS for trade-in for anything, not just a vita, then you did something very wrong by buying it in the first place, the thing is barely a year old and it was damn expensive at launch.

using the deal in the OP It's just paying more for being stupid for buying something you shouldnt have but did, maybe because of hype or something.

you are better off giving it as a present to someone, cause presents also cost money. Give it to your nephews and you just spare some bucks by not buying a present for them and giving them 3DS instead.

Is your uncle reading this thread or something?

It doesn't matter how much people paid for the old system, that money is gone.

test_account

XP-39C²
DSi was 169 so yeah the price range is the same to arrive at $100. I just put alot more value into the 3DS as its not a dead system being replaced like the DSi was.
I understand, i agree with that. I just mean that if they could sell a used DSi for more than $100 when the 3DS came out, it would make sense to pay $100. And if that was trade-in value, then they also got to sell a 3DS :)

IrishNinja

I'll buy a Vita when they have that lime green one and not a day sooner!

god, you're as bad as gravijah.

I bet you have an app that alerts you to threads where someone might be saying something bad about the Vita.

haha...wait, that app didn't work for hygga though (yet).

I don't want to be one of those people who quotes someone and just says LOL, but dude. Come on.

you don't even know, man
E3 will have new 3DS with 2 STICKS, 12 hours battery life and a laptop screen. oh and more backlighting - gonna wish you'dve thought more about this deal, bro

antonz

The IRS has basically conspired against me getting a Vita so far. They are so late on giving me my refund and its leaving me far too much time to consider my spending instead of impulse buys

C.Dark.DN

Banned

If you don't want your 3DS at all anymore and you want a Vita it's a good deal.

It's 150$ on Target.com right now. You're losing like... 40$ max not selling it yourself.

Personally, I'm not going to buy a used one for 140$ when I could get a new one with warranty coverage for 150$ + tax.

You buy your nephews $100 birthday gifts?

Wish you were my uncle when I was a kid...

This is stupid, specially if you bought a 3DS at full price, it will just mean you bought a VERY expensive Vita.

Launch 3DS= $250
Vita= $250

trade-in value of $100

Total money spent = $400 and just one handheld in your hands, moronic any way you put it.
This. I have neither handheld, but this is just stupid.
Plus, the 3DS faces a less grim future than the vita. Both are doing pretty bad, but I can see it getting better way more quickly for the 3DS.

TheNatural

My Member!
You could get more on eBay, Craiglist, or whatever else. I don't understand why people are so willing to toss shit for dirt low prices for a trade in and let them turn around and sell it for much more. A little effort and you could get a good $30 more for it off of an auction site.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Personally, IF I bought a launch 3DS and IF I was going to buy a Vita I would wait until a much wanted 3DS revision comes to turn it in. I'm sure I could get some kind of enjoymeny out of it waiting for the revision.

But, I bet the resell value would be closer to 80$ if that.

No matter what... resell value is resell value.
Getting 20-60$ more doesn't mean shit.
Get over it.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
I bet you have an app that alerts you to threads where someone might be saying something bad about the Vita.

I sure do - it's a macro.

Search - vita -> go

works everytime.

Same names each time
It's too bad the deal wasn't Japanese so he couldn't offer a creative translation.

Was an absolute 100% accurate translation - the hilarious part is your on going dissing of my Japanese ability so you can carry on believing in more vita doom.

TheNatural

My Member!
Personally, IF I bought a launch 3DS and IF I was going to buy a Vita I would wait until a much wanted 3DS revision comes to turn it in. I'm sure I could get some kind of enjoymeny out of it waiting for the revision.

But, I bet the resell value would be closer to 80$ if that.

No matter what... resell value is resell value.
Getting 20-60$ more doesn't mean shit.
Get over it.

What the fuck does that mean? Resell value is resell value? Meaning anything that is your offer you take, regardless of what it is, is the same?

Nice to know that $20-$60 more doesn't mean shit to you, but I'm guessing for a few people it does. Just right off on eBay, here's a used one going for $112 near the end of it's auction, with a little unreasonable $10 shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-3D...ideo_Games&hash=item4cfe908f01#ht_2462wt_1139

If you want maximum value for something, trade in's isn't the way to do it.

Einbroch

Banned
You could get more on eBay, Craiglist, or whatever else. I don't understand why people are so willing to toss shit for dirt low prices for a trade in and let them turn around and sell it for much more. A little effort and you could get a good $30 more for it off of an auction site.

eBay and Amazon charge fees. Right now, you can get a used one for $130. Let's say you sell it for that price and give free shipping (because others are). Let's look at eBay.

$130 - $9 (sold fee) - ~$5 (shipping out of your pocket) = $116. Plus you have to deal with scammers, actually getting it sold, the post office (for me it's about 15 minutes away), and potential issues with the shipment itself. Some people want that extra $16, but in the hour combined time it would take me to do all that stuff (listing, driving, packaging) I'd rather just lose the $15.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals

No, there really is some constructive criticisms but there is also a lot of drive by trolling with certain threads. I read them just like you do. Or there will be a run on joke about doom. I hope Vita tears it up so people will shut up as the device is brilliant.

Top Bottom