• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 11/12/09 – Braid (US)

Benedict

So bad sales of Vagrant Story on PSN will guarantee europeans continued slow or no PsOne-releases on PSN?

Not many (I think) know about Vagrant Story, compared to the FF-series, which will lead to "poor" sales on PSN and therefore less releases.

Even though it's a good game, I think the market would be better off with releasing FF VIII and MGS before a niched title like Vagrant Story.

Or?

Virro said:
Anyone seen anything regarding Castle Crashers to PSN since the summer? I seem to remember a wave of press coverage and then nothing seems to be trickling down as to progress.

I don't know if it is confirmed or not, but I believe it's not coming until next year. No idea if they are still developing it or if there is some kind of timed exclusive agreement.

DMeisterJ

Banned
jigglywiggly said:
What the fuck.

I take it you are part of SCEE?

That is just some SCEA/SCEE banter of who gets the better updates and such. Obviously I wouldn't want anyone to not play this game, but I would hope SCEA get it first, so we can gloat over SCEE :D

Aru

DMeisterJ said:

That is just some SCEA/SCEE banter of who gets the better updates and such. Obviously I wouldn't want anyone to not play this game, but I would hope SCEA get it first, so we can gloat over SCEE :D

What will you whine about next, when FFVIII and VS are released ? FFIX ? Legend of Dragoon ? Alundra ?

SappYoda

30j5sfs.gif

KZObsessed

DMeisterJ said:
Fuck this shit.

We get an overpriced year old port and SCEE gets a real PSone classic. As far as I'm concerned, VS is worth about 50 regular classics, and SCEE is now in the lead. If Grace does not give me FFVIII or VS this week, I will have to cut a bitch.

Sigh. You win this week FFO, but Grace will come thru for me... She will!

*EVIL LAUGH*

One Mike Kebby to rule them all!

edit: NooooooOOOOOOoooooooo!

</3

I guess SE finally realized that Threads of Fate is the greatest PSone game they have and they want to get it out first before all the other fluff in their catalog

:D

... probably not :(

kassatsu

Banned
There will be a Dante's Inferno demo on the store in December.

Sucks about Vagrant Story :(
Kebby said on Eurogamer forums that it will be out towards the end of the month.

RedSwirl

RJT said:
How does Vagrant Story compare to Final Fantasy 7?
I really disliked FF7 due to the lack of actual gaming elements. I felt there was no exploration elements and the combat required no strategy whatsoever.

I'm willing to give SquareEnix another chance, but I don't want to watch a 50 hour movie again. So, GAF, do you recommend it?

Completely different games.

Vagrant Story was made by the same team that did Tactics and Final Fantasy 12. The closest thing I could approximate the battle system to would be Paper Mario but even that's a pretty huge stretch.

What I'm hoping is that SCEE and SCEA are discussing how they can sync up the Vagrant Story launches.

dallow_bg said:
Call of Duty Classic has a full trophy list including Platinum.
That was a nice surprise.
It has a platinum, very surprising!! Downloading it now. For those without a code, it's up on the UK store now for £11.99.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Shalashaska161 said:
They are probably holding back on Vagrant Story this week because they are releasing FFVIII instead.

/optimism

No, that would be too nice of them.

Kuraudo

Banned
Well, if it's any consolation, this thread convinced me to get out my copy of VS, dust it off and start playing it. Such an incredible game.

Actually, this probably isn't any consolation at all.

DMeisterJ

Banned
GillaTheGorilla said:
She's too busy securing the massive Party Time with Winnie the Pooh to bother with VS.

If she brings that over...

FFObsessed said:
*EVIL LAUGH*

One Mike Kebby to rule them all!

edit: NooooooOOOOOOoooooooo!

</3

Mwhahahahahaha!!!! Grace, FTW.

DMPrince said:

:lol

jvm said:
If that's a million, what's the price on ... you know ... that other PSP game?

Oh my jeez, he's going to come through the screen and strangle you for making fun of the lack of Lumines... You can clearly see that he's losing it :p

jiggles

Banned
DMeisterJ said:

That is just some SCEA/SCEE banter of who gets the better updates and such.

So what's the score on this? 121 to 3 in SCEAs favour? :lol

We finally get thrown a bone, only to have it snatched from our hungry mouths. Square just shot themselves in the foot, or something.

jvm

Gamasutra.
DMeisterJ said:
Oh my jeez, he's going to come through the screen and strangle you for making fun of the lack of Lumines... You can clearly see that he's losing it :p
I like to think Gamecocks625 knows that he's just our hero, the one who's out in front declaring his undying love for The One True Game, laughing on the outside and crying on the inside.

Ultimate aren't we all -- all PSPgo owners at least -- doing the same thing in our own way? Every time I power up my PSPgo I yearn for Every Extend Extra and Space Invaders Extreme and Ridge Racer. Yet, they are not there on my flash storage, and I die a little inside.

Then I think of brave, heroic Gamecocks625, whose devotion to his One True Game burns bright and steady, week after week, month after month. If he can trudge onward, then so can I.

All hail, Gamecocks625!

kassatsu

Banned
hk.png
NOW UP!
/!\ Updates throughout the week.

Demos

&#9658; Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack In Time (English | Chinese Ver.)
&#9675; Ratchet Demo – 2289 MB

PS3 Games

&#9658; Mushroom Wars (English Ver.)
&#9675; HK$ 78.00

&#9658; TV Show King (English Ver.)
&#9675; HK$ 59.00

PSP Games

&#9658; Full Games (Japanese Ver.)
&#9675; Tokobot (HK$ 78.00)

Add-ons

&#9658; EyePet (English Ver.)
&#9675; Hospital Styling Pack (HK$ 27.00)
&#9675; Lucky Dip Styling Pack 2

&#9658; The King of Fighters XII (English | Japanese Ver.)
&#9675; Jazz Music Pack (HK$ 40.00)

Themes & wallpapers

&#9658; PS3 Dynamic Themes
&#9675; EyePet (HK$ 18.00)

-------------

Greed Corp is no long out this year... New screens and trailer.

kassatsu

Banned
jp.png
NOW UP!
/!\ Updates throughout the week @ ~ 11PM EDT

PS3 Games

&#9658; Weekly Toro-Station
&#9675; 361 MB

Game Archives

&#9658; PSone (¥600 each)
&#9675; Neko Zamurai
&#9675; PMS Vol. 6 - Oni Rei ~Revival~
&#9675; Soviet Strike
&#9675; Tokimeki Memorial ~ Forever With You ~ PSone Books

PSP Games

&#9658; Full Games
&#9675; Weekly Toro-Station

Themes & Wallpapers

&#9658; PS3 Dynamic Themes
&#9675; Demon's Souls (¥200)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
kassatsu said:
jp.png
NOW UP!
/!\ Updates throughout the week @ ~ 11PM EDT

PS3 Games

&#9658; Weekly Toro-Station
&#9675; 361 MB

PSP Games

&#9658; Full Games
&#9675; Weekly Toro-Station

You might want to give the Japanese/Romanized name for Weekly Toro-Station.

Also any youtubes for the Demon's Souls dynamic theme yet?

Top Bottom