• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Stanley Cup 2017 Finals [OT]- To Catch a Predator

As a Pens fan I have nothing but respect for the Wings. Those 2 finals against them were epic. Remember that thrashing you gave us in game 5 the year we won? Or that crazy 3OT game where we scored with 30 seconds left in regulation to tie and Sykora followed up on his word. Wait a minute that was game 5 too...and we lost game 5 last year when we won against the sharks. I guess whoever loses game 5 wins the series when Crosby is in the finals.

We lost game 5 badly in 09 lol, i remember switching on the tv and it was 5-0
:(((((

Alucard

Banned
I also don't have any hate for Nashville in my heart yet. One stupid injury attempt could easily change that, though.

3N16MA

Banned
I don't care how many games it takes for the Pens to win this series as long as they win (preferably 4).

Preds have the single most impressive series win this playoffs when they swept the Hawks. Beating the Ducks in games 5 and 6 without Johansen was impressive.

Solid team.

Alucard

Banned
Not to be picky because I think this series is a toss up, but I would LOVE to finally win one at home.

Agreed. It's nice just to win, but a home victory would be the bee's knees.

Okay, I need sleep. G'nite, NHL-GAF. Play nice. No weird anime, please.

3N16MA

Banned
Even though the Sens are no longer in it they put together one hell of an impressive season. They defied all the numbers and somehow found ways to win.

They made the Pens look like ass the first few games.

Holiday

Banned
This thread title formatting is wrecking me. Why brackets? Why a random hyphen? Creeper you are better than this!

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
I just hope every single game is a repeat of the game I watched last fall in Nashville.

5-1, every game please

how about a repeat of the game from this year? We can make a deal for the games to play out like they did for the home team both games this season. Pens in 7 all 4-2 wins

Misha

Banned
Hey we made it to the finals again cool. Would be nice to win back to back. Been awhile since that last happened

Futureman

Pens are the feel good team of the 2017 NHL Playoffs. Everyone seems to be cheering for them. Lots of anti-Preds chatter from what I can tell. Maybe because I live in Pittsburgh, I dunno, but no one wants Preds to win.

What a series Sens.

Pens have made it official. If they make the make the Cup final they always go back the next year.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
No Canada, which is the important thing.

We'll be there soon enough.

Going to be tough stopping the Jets/Leafs/Oilers/Flames in the coming years. Also Price may win one by himself. Sens also have a few quality guys coming through their system so they're in a good position (outside of being in a nightmare division)

3N16MA

Banned
We'll be there soon enough.

Going to be tough stopping the Jets/Leafs/Oilers/Flames in the coming years. Also Price may win one by himself. Sens also have a few quality guys coming through their system so they're in a good position (outside of being in a nightmare division)

This is probably the best outlook for Canadian teams in a long time. Leafs and Oilers are really setting up themselves to make some deep runs with their young talent.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Pens are the feel good team of the 2017 NHL Playoffs. Everyone seems to be cheering for them. Lots of anti-Preds chatter from what I can tell. Maybe because I live in Pittsburgh, I dunno, but no one wants Preds to win.

What a series Sens.

Pens have made it official. If they make the make the Cup final they always go back the next year.
You live in Pittsburgh and you hear a "lots of anti-Preds chatter"? Are you sure it's not just the echo chamber?

As a Pens fan I have nothing but respect for the Wings. Those 2 finals against them were epic. Remember that thrashing you gave us in game 5 the year we won? Or that crazy 3OT game where we scored with 30 seconds left in regulation to tie and Sykora followed up on his word. Wait a minute that was game 5 too...and we lost game 5 last year when we won against the sharks. I guess whoever loses game 5 wins the series when Crosby is in the finals.
Yeah, at least I respect you guys and other than Crosby's bitch fits, the dude flat out balls. The Predators dirty plays with players like Shea Weber pissed me off more than anything.

So I don't hope you guys win (good luck), but I hope the Predators lose.

Socreges

Banned
Yeah, at least I respect you guys and other than Crosby's bitch fits, the dude flat out balls. The Predators dirty plays with players like Shea Weber pissed me off more than anything.

So I don't hope you guys win (good luck), but I hope the Predators lose.
Shea Weber is gone

Who are the other Preds with dirty plays?

Crosby alone is responsible for more dirty plays than the entire Preds team

Sid has horrible mic skills, I hate his interviews and his jibberish.

yeah, he's a good play but his horrible speech paterns makes me wish him to lose

God PK needs to go HARD and just fucking humiliate Montreal's management for trading him.

Also him bring the cup to the children's hospital in a Preds' jersey would be GLORIOUS

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Pens, despite all their talent, were exposed as mortals by the Sens. Preds can take this easily IMO.

Quick

Banned
The story of the Perds so far:

giphy.gif

Perds Perd Together. Go Perds!

ElRenoRaven

Congrats for fans of both teams. Whoever wins wins. All is right in the world. No Canadian teams shall win that cup. MUAHAHAHAHA

Top Bottom