• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT13| Diamond is Unreachable

i kind of really hate the ahri stories they put up, ever since a new dawn they've been doing this really "fragile" suffering ahri that's really lame and not in the slightest the sultry and cool soul sucking succubus she's supposed to be

it's well written and everything but that's not ahri

they did the same thing with lux, stop making girl characters be all whiny and sad, that's lame

What story are you talking about? Also nice avi

JulianImp

Playing by myself has been feeling more and more of a chore as of late, as I'm barely enjoying myself when playing ARAM and hoping the game's somewhat balanced instead of one of the two teams getting a cheesy comp and the other getting a ragtag bunch of misfits that is ill-suited towards pushing lane or winning fights. Experimenting with rotation champs is fun, but the more champs I get the less likely I'm to get something new.

Meanwhile, I just finished crafting my second key, which will probably remain in storage forever since I can't for the life of me get an S- or better rank with other champs than the ones I've already exhausted my yearly drops on. I mean, LoL's loot system definitely feels worse than Overwatch's in that it's basically taunting me with "git gud or no item drops for u", while with OW you can at least count on getting a drop every now and then regardless of whether you're able to play well as a wide variety of characters or not.

zkylon

zkylewd
seems like rito hired muju, the one behind amazing art like this:
league_wips_by_muju-dac6wf8.jpg

this makes me real happy

what was there to know about old ahri?
she had attitude bro

she wasn't all whiny over some dead guy and smelling flowers and shit

all her dialogue in game is like playful and seductive, she's not scared of her soul sucking power, she's having fun

like sappy stories are great for some characters, the one they did for ori was brilliant and disturbing, and the one they did for mf gave her character depth and shit

ahri is not that kind of character tho, no need for EVERY story to be depressing

She's a succubus archetype

9 tails

uhhh

i mean, you didn't read her lore so what could u possibly know lol

it's nothing fancy but it goes like this: she was like a magic fox that once drank some dude's life essence or some shit which turned her human. she kind of digged being human but needed more life essence to remain in human form so she went around doing succubus stuff and feasting on random dudes while slowly being assaulted by newfound guilt thanks to the humanity she was discovering in herself

now it's cool if they make a story about her struggling with the guilt of murdering dudes to keep being the foxy lady we all know and love, but just don't make her lame and whiny

in both stories she's weak and helpless and that's lame

JulianImp

I guess they might want to write Ahri out of the overly generic temptress archetype, but at least from that story about the fortune teller who spiked her tea, I'd say that she read more like a generic human traveller rather than a witty kitsune trickster with a newfound conscience.

The only lore I've read is Jarvans and Swains

They need to do something with the black rose

and with Jarvans terror of seeing Swain during his judgement

mhmmm

swain.

zkylon

zkylewd
i liked nami's story better. it's not as complicated and while it doesn't really progress her story, it just features nami doing fun stuff and being a goofball which is more fitting to her character imo. it doesn't really set up anything that wasn't already there but it's ok. and i like they made her a vastayan so now there's a reason why she has tits. it was really dumb before, now it's ok

also like muju was on the plane to rito and did this

C-fIJpiU0AAhQ76.jpg:large

what a god

The only lore I've read is Jarvans and Swains

They need to do something with the black rose

and with Jarvans terror of seeing Swain during his judgement

mhmmm

swain.
they should

rito hasn't commited to any big story pieces in a while, it seems they're mostly setting up multiple stages atm

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
she had attitude bro
She has like a handful of totally throwaway voice lines and a visual concept/backstory that makes zero sense and does not really relate to her kit at all. Malphite has more character and attitude and he's just a big rock.

Malphite is a pretty rock solid character design.

Don't stone me for that opinion. Just because you think it's boulderdash, doesn't mean you can take it for granite.

zkylon

zkylewd
She has like a handful of totally throwaway voice lines and a visual concept/backstory that makes zero sense and does not really relate to her kit at all. Malphite has more character and attitude and he's just a big rock.
like all old champions she was underdeveloped but she was markedly playful and sultry in her lore and vo and most definitely not whiny and helpless like in the new stories

if their idea of developing ahri was making her fragile and weak then that's super lame and very at odds with how the character was portrayed for all these years

i didn't like how they made her look in a new dawn and i don't like it here either

it's just really lame, that's not ahri

her visual design alone speaks of a character that's confident and strong, not hiding under a cloak and crying into flowers

especially the black rose

Like the only time we hear it is when Swain and Leblanc are talking about it in secret hushing
would be nice if by the time they rework swain they did like a big noxus conspiracy event or something

When I imagine Noxus' leader

I imagine a person who is a near corpse, attatched to his chair kept alive with arcane technology. And Swain using him until the day he will dispose of the king for his own advancement.

But then the King of Noxus will become playable and be a force of nature in the game.

like all old champions she was underdeveloped but she was markedly playful and sultry in her lore and vo and most definitely not whiny and helpless like in the new stories

if their idea of developing ahri was making her fragile and weak then that's super lame and very at odds with how the character was portrayed for all these years

i didn't like how they made her look in a new dawn and i don't like it here either

it's just really lame, that's not ahri

her visual design alone speaks of a character that's confident and strong, not hiding under a cloak and crying into flowers

would be nice if by the time they rework swain they did like a big noxus conspiracy event or something

I mean, I have zero interest in lore, but Ahri's character is so obvious from her lines, appearance and abilities - she lives to charm you, deceive you, and kill you, while enjoying every moment of it.

zkylon

zkylewd
She nods, and begins telling me the safest path to take. She plans things, which is why I know she will be okay. Wow, the sky is gorgeous right now. That cloud is shaped like an eggplant. I saw a dog once...
rakan and xayah stories are awesome, xayah's fun and rakan is insane

meanwhile i read a lux story i had missed and...

Lux wanted to break down crying, but she had done nothing but weep all day, and she simply had no more tears.

SIGH

she does get like a pet galio at the end and finds her inner strength that would eventually turn her into the lux we see in game but would be nice to see of that in the actual stories...

galio is awesome in her story tho, i love it

I mean, I have zero interest in lore, but Ahri's character is so obvious from her lines, appearance and abilities - she lives to charm you, deceive you, and kill you, while enjoying every moment of it.
yeah i mean, it was briefly mentioned she had a bit of regret over sucking off dudes' life essence and shit but yea, she was a happy fox

What are people's opinions on Xayah?

Only got her a few times in ARAM and so far she's ungodly strong there. Perma diet Spray and Pray is fun. She feels like an odd mix between Twitch and Taliyah.

Newt

What are people's opinions on Xayah?

Only got her a few times in ARAM and so far she's ungodly strong there. Perma diet Spray and Pray is fun. She feels like an odd mix between Twitch and Taliyah.
She's a cool champ but her build paths are bad and her damage is pretty low.

I've really not played much for the game recently but it seems that Fizz top with toxic build path is back? Ugh.

Also what is the best site for builds and counters now?

Nekofrog

Banned
I'm taking a break from my lan account (P2) to grind out diamond on my main so I don't procrastinate until end of season when it's really hard. Wanna play tonight newt?

zkylon

zkylewd
would be nice if the highlights were recorded in like mp4 or something

webm is so hard to get into a video editing software

I've really not played much for the game recently but it seems that Fizz top with toxic build path is back? Ugh.

Also what is the best site for builds and counters now?
i still use champion.gg cos the lolalytics site is garbage

like the information on display is good but it does an awful job at displaying it

i should not have paused on this frame
smudge frames are awesome

league having hand keyed animation and like hand drawn textures makes me so happy

zkylon

zkylewd
that spotlight video is pretty great

the song at the beginning is really good

i like that they choose ezreal and shyvana to stick together and do the "now kiss" joke

from the video at the end it looks like bans won't be staggered, but maybe like blind picks or something? i guess that's what was expected

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I'm having fun learning Kindred. Way more than I expected. The ultimate can just be really satisfying to use when you're blocking an incoming damage ult where someone expects to kill you. Seems really hard to reach some of the stack camps unless your lanes are winning though.

Top Bottom