• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyrian

One and done on Kefka, although that was quite a sloppy run.

Poor weapon choice led to a really, really long fight. Outside of one painfully nasty combo (Graviga --> Osmose --> Bioga --> Charm (Refia)), there was never any real danger. Although that combo came very close to ending my run twice.

Anyways, glad that's over with and that Kefka doesn't need to be farmed for fish.

Syntsui

Hmm, I don't know if I should pick up some Lapis to pull on the Guaranted 5-star banners or not. I've got the units I need for the most part but it would be nice to get one that has a TM I could use like Cloud's or Elfried's for my Randi.

In other stuff, I've got enough T4 Attack stones to max out Tidus' Quick Trick and I just maxed his LB. I'm probably gonna be using him more now because he'll be able to deal 1440% per Quick Trick after I apply his LB on the enemy. So good.

Edit: I wonder if I can get enough from the story for just one pull. The question then would be which one, lol.
I know I wouldn't pass on a guaranteed 5* banner, so don't count on me to convince you otherwise, even if you have a good team already ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Alkez

How often does JP get enhancements? Wondering when we'll get our next batch. Any thoughts on who will be in it? I don't have her but I would like to see Elza in there. Cool ass sprite lol.

fionel

How often does JP get enhancements? Wondering when we'll get our next batch. Any thoughts on who will be in it? I don't have her but I would like to see Elza in there. Cool ass sprite lol.

In JP weve been getting enhancements along with story events in the middle of the every month for a while now.

tuffymon

We're not even fully following the enhancement trend, several in wave 1 didnt get like ramza or garland (and 6 star)...

Shouta

I know I wouldn't pass on a guaranteed 5* banner, so don't count on me to convince you otherwise, even if you have a good team already ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Only character I'm really missing right now is Ramza or Roy for the Bard slot.

Phys DPS - Tidus, Orlandu, Randi
Tank - Warrior of Light for general, Mystea for Magic
Healers - Eiko, Garnet, Luluka depending on what I need
Support - Rikku, enhanced Soleil, etc
Mages - William, Victoria, gen purpose ones like Dark Fina/Exdeath

There are a couple of side grade chars here and there. TMs are also a thing too so it's hard to decide, lol.

SeanTSC

We're not even fully following the enhancement trend, several in wave 1 didnt get like ramza or garland (and 6 star)...

We did however get our "wave 1" enhancements like at least a month before JP did in the schedule. Hopefully Ramza and the others will be in our second batch of them which would line up more closely to where they were on the JP calendar.

Lyrian

Anyone bothering with fish farming after cactuars and tickets and 30k moogles?

3x a day on 3 energy, since it counts for vortex and the 5 lapis daily... otherwise sick and done of that event~

Yeah, this.

I have him cleaned out, outside of the 80k crysts and the 1% moogles.

This has given me 7-8 days to clean out a whole bunch of box spaces for low hanging TM fruit that I have needed to do for a long time.

Already up a Mentality and a Gungnir. Rising Sun well in progress. Got a bunch of TMs I can 5-man farm, which I guess is what happens when you have a box full of 450 units mostly collecting dust.

SeanTSC

Soliciting opinions here on what I should do for Friend Unit Sharing this week.

The best I can put up right now for Kefka would be Orlandeau and Noctis and I do not have a Setzer or Trance Terra for Fishing Bonus. Which would people prefer and what would be their preferred setups? Elemental weapons/non-elemental weapons?

Noctis can hit on Holy/Thunder/Fire/Blizzard weak turns if I throw an Excalibur on him and he's got a maxed out level 25 LB that will wreck Kefka pretty hard if you have an Entruster to like Bartz to throw an LB gauge on him. He could also be given a Chiri so that his LB would work on Holy and Fire turns or use Warp Break on Holy/Fire Turns.

Orlandeau with an Excalibur would be stuck to Holy/Thunder turns (don't forget Lightning Stab), but Divine Ruination chained with other people's Orlandeaus is going to hit him pretty hard on Holy weak turns with an Excalibur. I could also throw a Chiri on him so that he could use Divine Ruination on Fire turns as well.

Alternatively, they could be given non-elemental weapons and help build Esper bars, but then miss out on Holy turns and Noctis' LB wouldn't do much and Orlandeau would be stuck to Thunder turns for Elemental bonuses.

evangd007

Did a drunk ticket pull on the train because why the hell not: Gold -> Setzer.

Holy shit a mythical on-banner 4*, my first since Luka. I'm finally able to join the realm of arena status spam.

Anyone bothering with fish farming after cactuars and tickets and 30k moogles?

I picked up that stuff + the armors, star quartz, and a power cryst, and I'll farm some more early next week for 5* mats, but I'm pretty much done. I didn't go nearly as hard on this event as I have on others.

Shouta

Pull on the guaranteed 5-star support and healing banner only to get Dark Veritas, lol. Dupes for everything else with a single gold.

Well, at least the TM is gdlk

Did a drunk ticket pull on the train because why the hell not: Gold -> Setzer.

Holy shit a mythical on-banner 4*, my first since Luka. I'm finally able to join the realm of arena status spam.

Drunk pulls are the best, because if they work out it's awesome and when they don't, oh wells you're drunk, so it eases the pain of a bad pull.

Shouta

New trial in JP is a damage race against the boss. The reindeer kills you on turn 8 or so with an AOE instant death and even if you nullify it with the safety bit, it'll drain your HP and MP to kill you.

This is basically "Chaining and Finishing" the trial. I've gotten really close to beating it with Randi, Tidus, Shantotto x2, and WoL but kept coming up short because I didn't equip Tidus with a wind weapon so I was trying to get his Water debuff LB going mid-fight. I'll definitely give it another short tomorrow (today I guess) after my Ramza friends refresh.

Shan's Tornado chains + Randi closing it out is pretty wild damage though. I think a perfect chain was netting me 12 mil~ from Randi, but it takes him a little bit to get started. I'll have to adjust my gear so he doesn't need to use the turn to give himself a wind buff. The boss has 80 million HP so I just need to not screw up my chains and get Orlandu or Tidus in on the action.

c-murph

Another 20-sided Die get and Fairy Wisdom Get!

6tsoDTW.png

The long struggle begins again... Started farming for 100% last night. Currently 2.9% for Girugamesh and Jack at the lower end... Hayate No.3 is at 3.3%, Elle No.1 is at 3.5, Elle No.2 is at 7.5 but he cheated and started at 5%.

I got 5 Elles so I'm probably going to combine the two and put two more in halfway so WoL/Cecil has some accessories besides shitty rings.

Generally I get around 6-8% a day in farming depending on work, class, other games, lapis availability, etc...

I have 5 Hayates... I think after three I wouldn't need any more black cowls since Cecil/Wol generally wear helmets and Mages has Cat-ear Hood/Cat Hat in my party. Maybe I'll do four in case of the rare occassion I need a party with four attackers. I also have 4 Cecils I'd like to start someday but I keep getting other TMs I deem as more priority, since, I do have other strong weapons farmed.

I also have 4 more Snows and 4 Gaffs to use. I need more accessories for my attackers since I've mainly been focusing on more Attack materias. After this batch I'll probably do 5 poipos again and then start with another Jack and two Snows & and two Gaffs, and combine them halfway.

Multiple Jacks TM will be nice for Radia (and if I ever get Garnet) for those stupis summon esper achievements. Gunna work on four of those for sure.

Also, Managed to get two support giantcryst yesterday and today to max out one of my Lightnings Lightspeed for the arena. She has 90% evade and now 20% Magic evade! Working on getting another 5 more for my 2nd Lightning. I'm thinking having 2-3 Xons in battle seems to help with drops... At least I think it does. No way to prove it though.

Xion86

Okay time to get through the new story today :)

On a side note I've just picked up a Samsung Galaxy S8! (Upgrading from an S4) I'm very much looking forward to seeing how the game looks and performs on it :) just about to set it up.

After I've done the story, im conflicted if I should get more fish or do the Maze...hmm :(

Daily today was Cloud of Darkness.

Lyrian

I like how the strategy of the latest JP trial is either :

- WoL + DPS + Ramza or Roy
- Tim or 9S + DPS + Ramza or Roy

Can't wait to share mine once his enhancements will be released, I'm just missing 3 T4 and 1 T5 support cryst.

An actual damage race trial, hrmm...

Figured the game would have moved on from such simple things by now. Guess not. Still. it's annoying in the sense that it is encourages (and requires) building teams with ludicrously astronomical offensive stats.

Yesterday's daily --> GOLD --> Agrias
Today's daily --> GOLD --> Refia (I just fused all of you together! Refia: I'm baaaaaack!)

Luck is going cold yet again. :/

Funny though, (from Reddit's JP posts) that while the trial boss has nearly triple DEF over its SPR stat, virtually everyone is choosing to take the physical route to beat it versus bring in some mages.

Kouriozan

Easiest wqy with mage is 2 enhancemed Hope with 2 Shantotto but still requires Ramza/Roy
Super curious to see how they can manage to do it without them, if it's possible of course
in before 7* characters

Shouta

Beat it with Shantotto x2, Randi, Orlandu, WoL, and Ramza. Took me 8 turns though which is a shame. Wind weapons were definitely a huge help to get the most out of Randi and Orlandu's damage.

This is possible without Ramza or Roy but you need a strong buffer that can increase your attack and also raise WoL's defensive stats up a bit so he doesn't get creamed taking hits for everyone.

Kouriozan

By the way, our last story boss fight was surprising, the story content start to get pretty challenging.
I am already fearing the final boss of season 1.

So I've got a maxed cecil, Chizuru, and ExDeath, and level 95 Y'shtola and level 80 Firion. Really no TMs to speak of. What's the best way to take on Kefka?

Zalasta

Completed all missions for Kefka as well, but it took me forever because I took a friend Setzer that didn't have any elemental weapon, so I couldn't do the dice kill :( Luckily I did had 5 void vessels (used 4 the first time shadow debuff appeared but didn't kill him, so I had to wait for it to come back which took like another 10 turns or so). I took a mostly defensive/outlast team (CoD, Cecil, Snow, Y'Shtola, Refia) and I got low a couple of times but it was mostly quite safe, but I wouldn't have been able to kill it without the items since I messed up on Setzer.

robotuw

So I've got a maxed cecil, Chizuru, and ExDeath, and level 95 Y'shtola and level 80 Firion. Really no TMs to speak of. What's the best way to take on Kefka?

Do you have the recipe for Void Vessels? They are from an event way back when. If not that, bring a friend Setzer and wait for Kefka's element to match Setzer's weapon then fixed dice him to death.

Anustart

So are the quests for the story dungeons designed to make it so you don't get them all on a first go? Like this one says use crags, literally just got cura. And it's telling me to summon so and so espero but all I've had for 4 islands is siren.

SeanTSC

So are the quests for the story dungeons designed to make it so you don't get them all on a first go? Like this one says use crags, literally just got cura. And it's telling me to summon so and so espero but all I've had for 4 islands is siren.

Should usually be able to get them all and you have missed some Espers.

Visceir

Pull on the guaranteed 5-star support and healing banner only to get Dark Veritas, lol. Dupes for everything else with a single gold.

Well, at least the TM is gdlk

Got two Nyx from support banner and dupe Forren from atk. I'm actually happy with the 2 Nyx, do wish his TMs were better though...so the opposite situation, haha.

Dark Veritas dupe seems like a unit worth having...be it for arena or for just straight up chaining, simply a better Orlandu who might have a brighter future with his enhancements.

Anustart

Ugh, clearing pro on 6 event and getting about 110 fish. Lol wtf , does it go from like 110 to 6000000000000000 in elite? This is impossible to farm anything substantial.

Syntsui

Ugh, clearing pro on 6 event and getting about 110 fish. Lol wtf , does it go from like 110 to 6000000000000000 in elite? This is impossible to farm anything substantial.
You are supposed to pull for the bonus units to farm the events, the drop rate is atrocious even on expert.

Rokuren

Managed to get all the Kefka rewards in one go, but it hurt like hell surviving long enough for the two summons. Probably because I brought three characters with elemental weapons and where the non-elemental were Marie, Refia, and Snow.

Also sharing a Marie; id below if you don't have me.

Shouta

Got two Nyx from support banner and dupe Forren from atk. I'm actually happy with the 2 Nyx, do wish his TMs were better though...so the opposite situation, haha.

Dark Veritas dupe seems like a unit worth having...be it for arena or for just straight up chaining, simply a better Orlandu who might have a brighter future with his enhancements.

It's my first Dark Veritas. So it's nice to have but I wanted Ramza or Roy so I had more flexibility doing trials. I used my 100% moogle on him though so I have his excellent TM.

Nyx is nice and pretty versatile. His TM isn't crazy for attackers but as chars need more defense, he'll be able to provide a bit of everything.

It's my first Dark Veritas. So it's nice to have but I wanted Ramza or Roy so I had more flexibility doing trials. I used my 100% moogle on him though so I have his excellent TM.

Nyx is nice and pretty versatile. His TM isn't crazy for attackers but as chars need more defense, he'll be able to provide a bit of everything.

Hey Shouta,

What do you have equipped on Tidus? I'm at a point where it's getting difficult to decide which TMs to prioritize and I was thinking of preemptively grabbing one or two for him or any other top DPS in the future. I know his own TM is priority number one but what do you have in the other hand? Should I do the Blade Mastery + Sakurafabuki or does he benefit more off of another regular sword or maybe Excalibur? I'd be quite interested in your equipment including abilities as I'm struggling to find setups on the internet surprisingly.

Shouta

Hey Shouta,

What do you have equipped on Tidus? I'm at a point where it's getting difficult to decide which TMs to prioritize and I was thinking of preemptively grabbing one or two for him or any other top DPS in the future. I know his own TM is priority number one but what do you have in the other hand? Should I do the Blade Mastery + Sakurafabuki or does he benefit more off of another regular sword or maybe Excalibur? I'd be quite interested in your equipment including abilities as I'm struggling to find setups on the internet surprisingly.

Tidus only requires a sword to bring up his passive attack boosts so he has flexibility with what you use in his off-hand whether it be a Katana with Blade Mastery or a Great Sword with GS Mastery/other TMs similar to it.

He can make use of Dark Knight Soul though if you have Leons sitting around as Tidus can equip heavy armor and his primary weapon is a sword. 3 of those, if they stack in GL, covers his ability slots with a DW in the 4th. Or when Abel comes out, you can do 4 DKS with a Gun Bowie Knife in his off hand. Former is ideal compared to latter because you can equip any elemental weapon you need then.

Visceir

Hey Shouta,

Some have experimented around with Fixed Dice Tidus because his chain is nearly impossible to bridge when he is dual-wielding.

GL might have an easier time with that though.

Tidus only requires a sword to bring up his passive attack boosts so he has flexibility with what you use in his off-hand whether it be a Katana with Blade Mastery or a Great Sword with GS Mastery/other TMs similar to it.

He can make use of Dark Knight Soul though if you have Leons sitting around as Tidus can equip heavy armor and his primary weapon is a sword. 3 of those, if they stack in GL, covers his ability slots with a DW in the 4th. Or when Abel comes out, you can do 4 DKS with a Gun Bowie Knife in his off hand. Former is ideal compared to latter because you can equip any elemental weapon you need then.

Some have experimented around with Fixed Dice Tidus because his chain is nearly impossible to bridge when he is dual-wielding.

GL might have an easier time with that though.
Hmm I don't have Leon but I do have a couple Fixed Dice's I could farm. I'm assuming GS mastery and Excalibur is stronger than Blade Mastery and Sakurafabuki since I believe the former sword is stronger than the kitana but I'd have to double check. So it sounds like I'd just need to use two slots for DW and GS Mastery and would have two slots left over for ATK boosts. Or Blade Mastery instead of GS Mastery if I go that route. I should probably get around to TM farming Vaan.

Yeah it looks like Excal is stronger than Sakura as I thought so unless Blade Mastery provides a larger bonus than GS Mastery (assuming they are the same) then Excal the way to go. Granted, I'll want sub ins for when enemies with holy resistance. I should get around to farming Save the Queen one of these days too.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Gave up on Maze, back to TM farming.

Not going to waste time farming mats, just going to stop leveling characters I don't need. Should be able to clear out Locke and Guy's TMs by Friday, freeing up another 9 spots. Good variety of weapons is always nice, but working on those defensive TMs

tuffymon

12 1/2 hours left to go in my ff6 stream if anyone would like to watch, im in the world of ruin and obtained sabin already~ /tuffymon etc etc

Kouriozan

Re-did Kefka with finish LB this time, you never know if that TM might be worth it, tomorrow I'll finally do the Dark Espers trial for the greatsword mastery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom