• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - April 2017

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
So I interviewed Nightdive just a few hours ago, number of topics explored and eventually the subject of Turok on the Switch came about. This is what I was told and I am still trying to make sense of it. The Turok remasters are currently not coming to the Switch due to so downright strange right issues. Apparently the right to publish the old Turok games on Nintendo platforms is in the hands of Nintendo themselves via an agreement with some entity, may go back to Acclaim, may the current rights holders. Anyway, the ultimate result here is Nightdive is not planning to step aside in regards too publishing duties on any platform so the whole deal is currently at an impasse.

tolkir

So I interviewed Nightdive just a few hours ago, number of topics explored and eventually the subject of Turok on the Switch came about. This is what I was told and I am still trying to make sense of it. The Turok remasters are currently not coming to the Switch due to so downright strange right issues. Apparently the right to publish the old Turok games on Nintendo platforms is in the hands of Nintendo themselves via an agreement with some entity, may go back to Acclaim, may the current rights holders. Anyway, the ultimate result here is Nightdive is not planning to step aside in regards too publishing duties on any platform so the whole deal is currently at an impasse.

I love Turok 2. :(

Guys, I bought World of Goo from Mexico eshop and then switched the region to Japan. Downloaded and deleted just to test how the redownload work.
So in Japan eshop, World of Goo isn't available yet. But... When I checked the redownload section, the game is available.
Does it mean the game is already in Japan eshop and it just waiting for Nintendo to list it?
And does it mean that we only need to buy one game from any region, and as long we bought it with the same account we can download the other region version for free (when it's available)?

I'm going to test it with Puyo Puyo Tetris later, already bought the Japanese version lol.

And does it mean that we only need to buy one game from any region, and as long we bought it with the same account we can download the other region version for free (when it's available)?

*crosses fingers*

This would be amazing if possible, I'd much prefer to have everything under a single account.
Keep us posted!

*crosses fingers*

This would be amazing if possible, I'd much prefer to have everything under a single account.
Keep us posted!

I tried it again with Samurai Showdown IV and Kamiko (JP eshop - multi lang), changed my region back to US after deleting the games. And I still have the option to redownload (game isn't available in the US eshop).

So I guess it's possible if the game is multilanguage?

Hopefully with Puyo-Puyo, it would let me to download the US version instead.

But you will loose your Eshop balance each time you switch region.

Oops forgot about this, I was assuming you could use a credit/debit card to pay the exact amount... an annoyance but I can't imagine you'd ever lose that much

I tried it again with Samurai Showdown IV and Kamiko (JP eshop - multi lang), changed my region back to US after deleting the games. And I still have the option to redownload (game isn't available in the US eshop).

Thanks for the update, extremely promising!

tolkir

The eShop is unique for everyone and they filter the games with the region where you are. Maybe they don't do same thing with list of downloads and they show all of your purchases.

If someone has purchased Lego City digitally, it could see what happens. NA and EU sizes are different.

L~A

NA:

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch

- Mr. Shifty – Shift through bullets, and master lightning-fast takedowns in a new kind of action game from tinyBuild and Team Shifty. The Mr. Shifty game follows a teleportation-fueled heist to break into the world's most secure facility – players will use distraction and trickery, and explore what's possible when stealth and action become one.
- The Jackbox Party Pack 3 – The threequel to the party-game phenomenon features FIVE new sense-shattering Jackbox games: Quiplash, Trivia Murder Party, Guesspionage, Tee K.O. and Fakin' It. It's a digital box full of actual fun!
- Puyo Puyo Tetris – Demo Version – Two classic puzzle games face off in Puyo Puyo Tetris. The four-player puzzle mashup game is only a little more than a week away, launching in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch on April 25.* For people that want to try before they buy, a free demo for the game is now available.

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS

- BYE-BYE BOXBOY! – The epic trilogy that has taken the world of geometry by storm comes to its dramatic conclusion with the BYE-BYE BOXBOY! game, from the folks at HAL Laboratory, Inc., creators of the Kirby series. By rescuing new Qbabies, main character Qbby will receive one of four powers – Boxrocket, Bombox, Warpbox and Remotebox – that can help the boxy hero overcome obstacles in a new way. Tapping any of the Kirby series amiibo figures (sold separately) like Kirby, King Dedede, Meta Knight or Waddle Dee will permanently unlock a new colorful costume for Qbby based on that character. A free demo for all three games in the series is also available in Nintendo eShop.
- Team Kirby Clash Deluxe – As part of the 25th anniversary celebration of the adorable Kirby franchise, this free-to-start game features four Kirby characters with different powers: Sword Hero, Hammer Lord, Beam Mage and Doctor Healmore. Grab three friends and see if you can defeat all the giant enemies!**

Nintendo eShop sales:

Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS

Great deals this week! Check out the full list of deals on Nintendo 3DS and Wii U games available this week at http://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals.

Activities:

- National StreetPass Weekend (Easter) – Spring is finally here ... and so is National StreetPass Weekend! From April 13 to April 16, collect up to six StreetPass tags from across North America when you stop by a Nintendo Zone location with your Nintendo 3DS family system. While you're out and about enjoying the warmer weather, be sure to take advantage of the cool StreetPass features in popular games like Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World and Super Mario Maker for Nintendo 3DS.

- New My Nintendo Rewards – Yoshi and his faithful pal Poochy have a friendship you've gotta love. You can redeem points for up to 30 percent discounts on Yoshi's debut, Super Mario World (Virtual Console on New Nintendo 3DS), and Poochy's debut, Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3 (Virtual Console on Wii U), as well as an ”Egg-cellent" Yoshi Springtime Siesta Nintendo 3DS theme. To be eligible for the discounts on Super Mario World and Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3, points must be redeemed by 11 p.m. PT on July 12; discount valid until 11:59 p.m. PT on Aug. 12. Members can also redeem points for full online access to guides, including the Animal Crossing: New Leaf Prima Official Game Guide and The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD Prima Official Game Guide. To learn more, visit http://my.nintendo.com.
- Fire Emblem Heroes – Starting April 14, a Summoning event will introduce four other Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia characters: Alm... Clair... Faye... and Lukas. Several new updates to the mobile game are now available, including a new feature called Hero Merit, a new stat that increases every time a hero finishes a battle alive. When their Hero Merit reaches 500 points, players receive 500 Hero Feathers. Another update has raised the maximum stamina for all players from 50 to 99. Stay tuned for more updates.

Also new this week:

- ACA NEOGEO SAMURAI SHODOWN IV (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Bingo Collection (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Pic-a-pix color (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- FIFTEEN (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Ascent of Kings (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Scoop'n Birds (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Pic-a-pix color (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)

DKoops

Neo Member
No UK prices yet...

Nintendo eShop (3DS)

Team Kirby Clash Deluxe (Nintendo) - Free
Team Kirby Clash Deluxe is an extended version of Team Kirby Clash, one of the additional games which were included in Kirby Planet Robobot. In Team Kirby Clash Deluxe, you accept different challenges to defeat increasingly powerful enemies in order to save Dream Kingdom. You do this in a team of up to four Kirby characters which belong to four different character classes with different abilities.

Team Kirby Clash Deluxe: 50 Gem Apples (Nintendo) - €0.69 (first time €0.49)
Team Kirby Clash Deluxe: 100 Gem Apples (Nintendo) - €1.29 (first time €0.89)
Team Kirby Clash Deluxe: 200 Gem Apples (Nintendo) - €2.39 (first time €1.69)
Team Kirby Clash Deluxe: 500 Gem Apples (Nintendo) - €5.49 (first time €3.89)
Team Kirby Clash Deluxe: 1000 Gem Apples (Nintendo) - €9.99
Team Kirby Clash Deluxe: 1500 Gem Apples (Nintendo) - €14.99
Team Kirby Clash Deluxe: 2000 Gem Apples (Nintendo) - €19.99

Mercenaries Saga 3 Demo (CIRCLE Ent.) - Free
"Mercenaries Saga 3" is a tactical RPG set in a fantasy world. Battles take place on an isometric grid, requiring you to move characters and take advantage of terrain in order to be successful.

Pic-a-Pix Colour - Small Puzzles 2 (Lightwood Games, Add-on Content) - €1.99
Pic-a-Pix Colour - Mixed Puzzles 2 (Lightwood Games, Add-on Content) - €1.99
Pic-a-Pix Colour - Large Puzzles 2 (Lightwood Games, Add-on Content) - €1.99

Special offers
AeternoBlade (CORECELL) - €4.49 (Ends April 27, normally €14.99)
Around the World with Hello Kitty and Frriends (Rising Star Games) - €22.49 (Ends April 20, normally €29.99)
Beyblade Evolution (Rising Star Games) - €4.99 (Ends April 20, normally €19.99)
BIT.TRIP SAGA (Rising Star Games) - €4.99 (Ends April 20, normally €19.99)
Girl's Fashion Shoot (Rising Star Games) - €4.99 (Ends April 20, normally €19.99)
Hakuoki: Memories of the Shinsengumi (Rising Star Games) - €11.99 (Ends April 20, normally €29.99)
Harvest Moon: The Tale of Two Towns (Rising Star Games) - €9.99 (Ends April 20, normally €19.99)
Hello Kitty & Friends: Rockin' World Tour (Rising Star Games) - €22.49 (Ends April 20, normally €29.99)
Hello Kitty and the Apron of Magic: Rhythm Cooking (Rising Star Games) - €22.49 (Ends April 20, normally €29.99)
Hometown Story (Rising Star Games) - €7.49 (Ends April 20, normally €29.99)
Shifting World (Rising Star Games) - €4.99 (Ends April 20, normally €19.99)
Super Black Bass 3D (Rising Star Games) - €4.99 (Ends April 20, normally €19.99)
Virtue's Last Reward (Rising Star Games) - €12.49 (Ends April 20, normally €24.99)
Brilliant Hamsters! (Rising Star Games) - €6.60 (Ends April 20, normally €9.99)
Unholy Heights (Rising Star Games) - €4.00 (Ends April 20, normally €5.99)
Excave II: Wizard of the Underworld (Rising Star Games) - €6.70 (Ends April 20, normally €10.00)
Excave III: Tower of Destiny (Rising Star Games) - €5.30 (Ends April 20, normally €7.99)
Psycho Pigs (Rising Star Games) - €5.30 (Ends April 20, normally €7.99)
SADAME (Rising Star Games) - €7.49 (Ends April 20, normally €14.99)
Double Breakout (nuGAME, New 3DS only) - €4.90 (Ends May 11, normally €7.00)
3D Game Collection (Joindots) - €5.24 (Ends May 4, normally €6.99)
Coaster Creator 3D (Big John Games) - €5.98 (Ends May 4, normally €7.25)
Cube Creator 3D (Big John Games) - €6.19 (Ends May 4, normally €7.50)
Ash (CIRCLE Ent.) - €1.99 (Ends April 27, normally €3.99)
GLORY OF GENERALS (CIRCLE Ent.) - €3.49 (Ends April 27, normally €6.99)
Glory of Generals The Pacific (CIRCLE Ent.) - €3.49 (Ends April 27, normally €6.99)
Karous - The Beast Of Re:Eden - (CIRCLE Ent.) - €2.99 (Ends April 27, normally €5.99)
Toy Defense (CIRCLE Ent.) - €1.99 (Ends April 27, normally €3.99)
WAKEDAS (CIRCLE Ent.) - €1.49 (Ends April 27, normally €2.99)
Power Disc Slam (Chequered Cow Games) - €2.19 (Ends April 27, normally €5.49)
Punch Club (tinyBuild Games) - €6.99 (Ends April 20, normally €9.99)
Real Heroes: Firefighter 3D Download Version (Zordix AB) - €4.99 (Ends April 20, normally €9.99)
Word Logic by POWGI (Lightwood Games) - €7.19 (Ends April 27, normally €8.99)

Nintendo 3DS Theme Shop
All these themes will be available on April 14.

Pokémon: A Sinister Organization - Team Skull (Nintendo) - €1.99
Artwork by Hitoshi Ariga featuring Guzma, Plumeria, Gladion and their Pokémon. Scroll the Touch Screen to see the Grunts move.

Pokémon: Shiny Tapu Koko (Nintendo) - €1.99
This lively battle theme shows the guardian of Melemele Island, Tapu Koko, plus the new
Pokémon Lycanroc, Golisopod and Kommo-o!

SMILING FOR MIFFY BY MERCIS (Mercis/CPLG) - €0.99
Come on smile, come to take a picture with Miffy!

BYE BYE MIFFY BY MERCIS (Mercis/CPLG) - €0.99
Have a nice trip Miffy!

GARDENING WITH MIFFY BY MERCIS (Mercis/CPLG) - €0.99
Help Miffy to grow the flowers!

MIFFY LOVES VEG BY MERCIS (Mercis/CPLG) - €0.99
It is a beautiful Spring day and Miffy is going to pick the carrots in the garden!

MIFFY'S FRUIT BY MERCIS (Mercis/CPLG) - €0.99
Our adorable Miffy loves cherry. What is your favorite fruit?

Little Miss during Easter (Mister Men) - €0.99
Little Miss playing during Easter

MMLM pop art style (Mister Men) - €0.99
MMLM designed with pop art style

Hello Kitty with bunnies (Sanrio) - €0.99
Hello Kitty with bunnies at Easter time

Hello Kitty hugs (Sanrio) - €0.99
Hello Kitty hugs some hearts

Jurassic Cubs among the stars (Animundi) - €1.49
Jurassic Cubs slide on the screen among the stars.

The show of Ranu (Animundi) - €0.99
Nunzy presents the performance of her friend Ranu.

Jurassic Cubs ready to go (Animundi) - €0.99
Jurassic Cubs are going to start a new journey.

Jurassic Cubs 3pack Number 4 (Animundi) - €2.49
Three fantastic Jurassic Cubs' themes.

Nintendo eShop (Switch)

Mr. Shifty (tinyBuild Games) - €14.99
Shift through bullets, and master lightning-fast takedowns in an all new kind of action game from tinyBuild and Team Shifty! Mr. Shifty follows a teleportation-fuelled heist to break into the world's most secure facility.

The Jackbox Party Pack 3 (Jackbox Games) - €23.99
The threequel to the party game features FIVE new sense-shattering games!
1) The say-anything sequel Quiplash 2 (3-8 players). Play all new questions or make your own!
2) The deadly quiz show Trivia Murder Party (1-8 players). Match wits with a trivia-obsessed killer.
3) The surprising survey game Guesspionage (2-8 players). Guess the results to silly survey questions.
4) The t-shirt slugfest Tee K.O. (3-8 players). Battle your custom t-shirts to the death!
5) The sneaky trickster game Fakin’ It (3-6 players). One of your friends has something to hide.

ACA NEOGEO SAMURAI SHODOWN IV (HAMSTER) - €6.99
"SAMURAI SHODOWN IV" is a fighting game released by SNK in 1996. Warriors with their own respective goals speculations will challenge Amakusa who has returned to life again, and plans to conquer the modern world. Attacks using the “Anger Gauge” can lead to unexpected outcomes and make battles even more intense!

Puyo Puyo Tetris Demo (Koch Media) - Free
Two puzzle game juggernauts collide as Tetris, one of the largest-selling and recognized brands in gaming history, and Puyo Puyo from SEGA have combined to create a fun-to-play, fast-paced, competitive party game like no other! The game offers tons of gameplay styles – from single-player Adventure and Challenge modes to ferocious competition with up-to-four player Arcade modes, for tons of Tetris/Puyo variety.

Nintendo eShop (Wii U)

Absolutely Unstoppable MineRun (Yappa Pie) - €3.59
Absolutely Unstoppable MineRun is a challenging auto-run platformer. The lava keeps rising and the Miner is out of control, so you’ll need to use carefully timed jumps and double jumps to reach the top safely.

The Stonecuter (Brave Rock Games) - €1.12
A poor stonecutter notices the ways of life of those higher in the social hierarchy and wants to become like them. A spirit hears his plea and grants his wish. Despite his wish fulfilled, the stonecutter is still dissatisfied and wishes to have more. He dreams of becoming more powerful by embodying the forces of nature. Decide the future of the stonecutter by choosing what he should wish for!

Pic-a-Pix Colour - Small Puzzles 2 (Lightwood Games, Add-on Content) - €1.99
Pic-a-Pix Colour - Mixed Puzzles 2 (Lightwood Games, Add-on Content) - €1.99
Pic-a-Pix Colour - Large Puzzles 2 (Lightwood Games, Add-on Content) - €1.99

Special offers
Art of Balance (Shin'en Multimedia) - €6.70 (Ends May 4, normally €8.99)
Bridge Constructor Playground (Joindots) - €7.99 (Ends May 4, normally €9.99)
Double Breakout (nuGAME) - €4.90 (Ends May 11, normally €7.00)
Double Breakout II (nuGAME) - €4.90 (Ends May 11, normally €7.00)
Mr. Pumpkin Adventure (CIRCLE Ent.) - €1.99 (Ends April 27, normally €3.99)
Hello Kitty Kruisers (Rising Star Games) - €22.49 (Ends April 20, normally €29.99)
PONCHO (Rising Star Games) - €4.49 (Ends April 20, normally €8.99)
SDK Paint (HULLBREACH STUDIOS) - €1.74 (Ends May 4, normally €3.49)
SDK Spriter (HULLBREACH STUDIOS) - €4.99 (Ends May 4, normally €9.99)
Super Destronaut 2: Go Duck Yourself (Petite Games) - €1.59 (Ends May 4, normally €1.99)
Word Logic by POWGI (Lightwood Games) - €7.19 (Ends April 27, normally €8.99)
Wicked Monsters Blast! HD PLUS (CORECELL) - €2.39 (Ends April 27, normally €7.99)

L~A

Could someone with a UK account please post the following in £? That'd be really appreciated ^^

Team Kirby Clash Deluxe: 50 Gem Apples (Nintendo) - €0.69 (first time €0.49)
Team Kirby Clash Deluxe: 100 Gem Apples (Nintendo) - €1.29 (first time €0.89)
Team Kirby Clash Deluxe: 200 Gem Apples (Nintendo) - €2.39 (first time €1.69)
Team Kirby Clash Deluxe: 500 Gem Apples (Nintendo) - €5.49 (first time €3.89)
Team Kirby Clash Deluxe: 1000 Gem Apples (Nintendo) - €9.99
Team Kirby Clash Deluxe: 1500 Gem Apples (Nintendo) - €14.99
Team Kirby Clash Deluxe: 2000 Gem Apples (Nintendo) - €19.99

L~A

Nope. Both the gem shop and wanderers have been giving the maintenance error since the game went up.

Yup, the JP Nintendo account tweeted about this. Relevant eShop services are down, so no micro-transactions for now.

Shiggy

Nope. Both the gem shop and wanderers have been giving the maintenance error since the game went up.

Yup, the JP Nintendo account tweeted about this. Relevant eShop services are down, so no micro-transactions for now.

Any issues in other games? Haven't got any Spotpass visitors in Pokemon Rumble World today (usually have 5-10 each day).

I wonder how active the online for Quiplash will be. Seems like a funny game to have from all the YouTube videos I watched and now its on a system I own/like. Mightily tempted.

GulAtiCa

I wonder how active the online for Quiplash will be. Seems like a funny game to have from all the YouTube videos I watched and now its on a system I own/like. Mightily tempted.
I think all the jack box games are offline multiplayer party games. I'm not sure if it will have online.

Madao

Sony's PS Vita initially allow multiple accounts. Then they limit it to one account.
What's stopping Nintendo from doing so since 3ds only allowed one account?

it'd be very stupid to do that since the Switch doubles as a console too. it'd be as stupid as making the PS4 limited to one account. the Switch isn't a Vita in terms of priority or importance.

so, i don't think that will ever happen, unless Nintendo wants to destroy their momentum completely.

i already have 6 accounts set up to cover all major regions. most used ones will be JP and NA but you never know when an Australia account could be useful.

Bowl0l

it'd be very stupid to do that since the Switch doubles as a console too. it'd be as stupid as making the PS4 limited to one account. the Switch isn't a Vita in terms of priority or importance.

so, i don't think that will ever happen, unless Nintendo wants to destroy their momentum completely.

i already have 6 accounts set up to cover all major regions. most used ones will be JP and NA but you never know when an Australia account could be useful.
They could do this and get away with everything:
Limit the console to one region based on primary account. Other region account will not be able to be registered to the console.

Then limit the accounts ability to switch region to once every 6 month.

Nothing wrong doing this if it's true that games and DLC are not region locked (can be purchased and downloaded at any region's Eshop).

GulAtiCa

They are not offline; you connect a mobile device to a "game room" to play. No offline modes that I'm aware of.
Nono. I meant that I don't think there is a mode to play with online friends or strangers. I know it allows mobile devices to act as a remote via online room. I've played the other 2 versions. But I never fully looked granted.

L~A

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I'd like to ask any devs here (if there's any?) whether Nintendo has dropped the requirements for publishing on the JP eShop.

Reason I ask is that DotEmu is publishing Wonder Boy on Switch themselves (didn't see any other publisher listed on the eShop). And Wobbly Tooth just released Ice Station Z also without a publisher (https://www.nintendo.co.jp/titles/50010000042457). And I'm fairly certain neither have a JP branch or something.

Did this change recently, or...?

Edit: yeah, Starsign published Battleminer in Japan, for Wobbly Tooth

© 2014 Wobbly Tooth Ltd. All rights reserved.
Published and distributed by
Starsign, Inc. in Japan under license
from Wobbly Tooth Ltd.

So, definitely a change there. Good news for indies!

BooJoh

Has anyone upgraded an SD card on Switch successfully? When I got my system I put in a 32GB card I had lying around. I just got a 128GB SDXC and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here. I did it the same way I've always done 3DS basically, except I let the Switch itself initialize the new card.

Here's what I did:
  • Turned off the system.
  • Copied the contents of the 32GB SD to my PC.
  • Inserted the new SD into the Switch, went into Initialize and Format SD Card.
  • Turned the system off again.
  • Copied the data from my PC to the new SD card.
  • Put the new SD card in my Switch.

Now the problem is, while Data Management shows all the games being the proper size on the SD card and the right amount of free space (everything looks fine) when I try to boot a game from the SD card I get a black screen that says "The software was closed because an error occurred."

Do I really have to archive and redownload everything to upgrade my SD card?

EDIT: Even checking for corrupt data (which it says it found) then redownloading the software didn't fix it. I had to archive everything, reformat the new SD card in the system's Initialize menu again, copy the screenshots back onto the card from my PC, and then redownload the software. Only then does the software work again. I'm now in the process of redownloading everything else.

CraigMcD

Has anyone upgraded an SD card on Switch successfully? When I got my system I put in a 32GB card I had lying around. I just got a 128GB SDXC and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here. I did it the same way I've always done 3DS basically, except I let the Switch itself initialize the new card.

Here's what I did:
  • Turned off the system.
  • Copied the contents of the 32GB SD to my PC.
  • Inserted the new SD into the Switch, went into Initialize and Format SD Card.
  • Turned the system off again.
  • Copied the data from my PC to the new SD card.
  • Put the new SD card in my Switch.

Now the problem is, while Data Management shows all the games being the proper size on the SD card and the right amount of free space (everything looks fine) when I try to boot a game from the SD card I get a black screen that says "The software was closed because an error occurred."

Do I really have to archive and redownload everything to upgrade my SD card?

EDIT: Even checking for corrupt data (which it says it found) then redownloading the software didn't fix it. I had to archive everything, reformat the new SD card in the system's Initialize menu again, copy the screenshots back onto the card from my PC, and then redownload the software. Only then does the software work again. I'm now in the process of redownloading everything else.
Did you delete the stuff already on the SD card after you initialised it, but before you copied the stuff across? IIRC, the 3DS used folders with randomised names. Might be the same with the Switch and the OS was getting confused.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I'd like to ask any devs here (if there's any?) whether Nintendo has dropped the requirements for publishing on the JP eShop.

Reason I ask is that DotEmu is publishing Wonder Boy on Switch themselves (didn't see any other publisher listed on the eShop). And Wobbly Tooth just released Ice Station Z also without a publisher (https://www.nintendo.co.jp/titles/50010000042457). And I'm fairly certain neither have a JP branch or something.

Did this change recently, or...?

Edit: yeah, Starsign published Battleminer in Japan, for Wobbly Tooth

So, definitely a change there. Good news for indies!

I have heard that things have indeed changed for the Switch where it is one global version of a game now.

BooJoh

Did you delete the stuff already on the SD card after you initialised it, but before you copied the stuff across? IIRC, the 3DS used folders with randomised names. Might be the same with the Switch and the OS was getting confused.

I didn't delete it, but I did allow Windows to overwrite 3 files when copying. Not sure if that was the issue. Everything has finished redownloading now anyway and it's all working fine now, so I'm not going to mess with it further at the moment.

Nono. I meant that I don't think there is a mode to play with online friends or strangers. I know it allows mobile devices to act as a remote via online room. I've played the other 2 versions. But I never fully looked granted.

My mistake!! There isn't, as far as I know. Apologies!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Might as well ask here, but any tips for the very last stage in the final Challenge World in Bye Bye Box Boy? I tried using the hint system but I can't figure it out & online has nothing.

Otherwise, this was another good entry in the series & the final set of stages & challenges were really puzzling.

Edit: FINALLY, I did it....
but there's no reward for doing all 5 challenge worlds....damn it.

RpgN

Is the online functionality in Kirby Clash Deluxe working for anyone?

For a second there I read that as the game having online co-op. It would have been fun to play with gaffers XD

I've DLed the game but the free to start wording sounds odd when it is basically a free to play game with transactions? I wonder if it will be close to impossible to advance further after the initial hours.

Pokemaniac

For a second there I read that as the game having online co-op. It would have been fun to play with gaffers XD

I've DLed the game but the free to start wording sounds odd when it is basically a free to play game with transactions? I wonder if it will be close to impossible to advance further after the initial hours.

Free to start is Nintendo's name for what would usually be called "free to play". They consider "free to start" to be a more honest name.

RpgN

Free to start is Nintendo's name for what would usually be called "free to play". They consider "free to start" to be a more honest name.

That's interesting to hear. Their wording felt off putting, thinking that you would not be able to advance further without paying. I'll be giving it a try soon, gamexplain's gameplay video made it look very appealing.

Btw, I've managed to play Fire Emblem Awakening & Fates and buy the DLCs that felt worth it. These are what I ended up getting:

Future Past Pack (A)
Smash Breathen 2 (A)
Map Pack 2 (F)
Hidden Truths 1 & 2 (F)

Playing the games back to back gave a good impression of what to expect. Fates' story felt more engaging and interesting. I also like the setting more. Awakening felt very predictable in comparison. But it has a decent soundtrack and the 3D effect seems to be better. I find myself leaving the game on just to listen to the themes. I am warming up to Awakening the further I am. Awakening has become another backlog game.

I think all the jack box games are offline multiplayer party games. I'm not sure if it will have online.
Yeah I noticed that after the fact when looking it up on eShop.

What a useless game then. And its $25. They are crazy lol.

Still not as bad as when Ninendo will release ANOTHER offline Maio Party...

The wait for a good online game for Switch continues. Arms is so far away. Pocket Fighter where are you? :(

Switch being my first system post poor sucks. Would've usually bought a whole bunch of smaller eShop games but then I wouldn't have been able to get Persona 5 or Arms. Oh well. Just gotta wait. I will have $10-$30 extra next month but nothing interests me enough. Rather spend $30 on the 3DS eShop instead. Once Arms and especially Splatoon 2 comes out I'll be set for life tho. :D

tolkir

Not much announced until now for this week in Europe.

Nintendo Switch

- Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap (DotEmu) - €19.99 April 18th
- Fast RMX Time Attack + Online Friend Support - Free April 19th
- Fatal Fury (Hamster Co.) - NeoGeo - €6.99/£6.29

New Nintendo 3DS

- Breakout Defense (nuGame) - €7.00

Everyone buy Dragon's Trap! I'm sooo excited! :D

HIR4kZh.gif

Top Bottom