• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Inktober 2017 |OT| Digital Artists Welcome

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Persona theme this year

tumblr_ox5xno0fDr1qed0geo1_540.jpg

Fantastic stuff in here, as usual!

Like a few others, this is also my first Inktober. It's going a busy month, so hopefully I can keep it up!
I was thinking that I might try a different theme each week. Or not. This week will be sci-fi portraits, and I'll see what mood I'm in after this.

exhume

How you going to say you suck, when you put some shit out like this in only 20 minutes? GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE!
Aw, thanks! Haha, I really hope it didn't sound like I was fishing for compliments. It's just very intimidating to see all the amazing artists on Instagram etc that are literally half my age :D (it's inspiring too, of course!)

Anyway, day 2. Took a bit longer, 40 minutes because I need to work on hands, eeek.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Day 2 - Battleblock Theater! Fun game, especially co-op. :3

Super stoked to see a ton of first-timers in here!

Oh hey that's actually a super cool idea. Might steal that since I already unwittingly started
Go for it. :p I always spend way too much time on trying to think of what to draw... figured this would make it easier and it's a nice way to look back on 2017.

My first Inktober also. Haven't drawn properly in the better part of a few years and even back then I would not have drawn at all frequently. I must experiment with colour. Perspective and covering large areas with the tiny point on the pen make for fun learning challenges.

I hope someone who is looking on sees little ole me posting and feels encouraged to post whatever silly thing they got cooked up, despite the high bar some of the fantastic artists here have set. It's fun for me and it can be fun for you too.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
From twitter: [NOT MINE]

Wanted to share because damn.

Its a nice piece, but lets not make this a habit. I would hate the GAF contributions to be drowned out by (very nice) pieces from other places

Trying to get back into the swing of drawing because it's been months due to life reasons and Inktober seemed like a good way to do it (even if I'm not gonna follow the prompt/just post sketches.) I'm out of practice but it's a start.

Day 1: sketch of Captain Brenner from Advance Wars: Days of Ruin.

Blizzard

Banned
I wanted to participate but I really prefer pencil rather than ink.

I could try to dig out my tablet and do digital though. It's after midnight where I am but I suppose people will be flexible with timezones and still allow me to complete a drawing a day after? :p

Another year gone by!

I'll be a bit busier this time so I picked an easier topic (hopefully) this year.

I am going to be doing Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest monsters for the month.

I'm starting off with the iconic Cactaur from Final Fantasy!

KoPmipC.png

Awesome work so far everyone! Let's do all 31 drawings!

I'll shamelessly plug my instagram since I might post there first some times.

My Instagram

Raging Spaniard

I wanted to participate but I really prefer pencil rather than ink.

I could try to dig out my tablet and do digital though. It's after midnight where I am but I suppose people will be flexible with timezones and still allow me to complete a drawing a day after? :p

Dont worry man, just do what you can, when you can. Well be happy to see the results :)

My first 2 days of my first ever Inktober, yay!

Day one, where i decided to spell "Weapon" with an R, and that snake tails do not care about gravity.
Code:
[IMG]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/364018856773287938/364286544254861322/Day1-smaller.png[/IMG]

Day 2, whatever this is.
Code:
[IMG]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/364018856773287938/364287036146057217/Day2-smaller.png[/IMG]

Im predicting my theme for the whole month will be "wildly differing quality and style"

StoneFox

Ugh, my work dropped me with a 44 hour work week but I will try to get one in everyday.

Just got this in right before midnight in my time zone. I saw the prompt for Swift and Jolteon was the first thing that came to my head. :p

Working with just the ink pens in my program is fascinating, though I am still tempted to color everything in instead of just hatch marks and the like heh

Blizzard

Banned
Actually if I'm going digital, this would be the perfect excuse to finally learn Manga Studio 5 (Clip Studio 5) that I got on sale a while back. Does anyone else use one of the Manga Studio tools?

gatling

Holy crap these are really good submissions. I thik I'm gonna try to get a few in. Really busy with work, though. I'm doing puns that rhyme with October.

INKTOBER DAY #1 -
This is my first inktober everyone! And the submissions before mine are fantastic.
Want to stick with the theme of witches for the first few days.
Anyways, this took me way longer than I'd like to admit. If anyone had twitch and wants to follow me for Inktober Art Streams: twitch.tv/milksheikhs
22089930_517756101890752_8654720479516067454_n.jpg

YaBish

Was waffling on posting this. Decided to jump in for my first inktober, hope to make it the whole month!
IW1IAsX.jpg

Messing with scribble-shading. Unfortunately I drew too big for the page and missed out on his feet.

Top Bottom