• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexad

GYOrCY9.gif

szt6GaD.gif

I hope in a future stream Damiani just trolls the hell out of Jones and starts a screen at the bottom that just plays that on loop

Hopefully Ian will be doing Fiasco eps (or other fun improv-based games if there are any) every few months on Easy Update going forward. It's not a show I feel a need to watch every week, but every once in awhile is great.

They need to have Troop on an episode of Fiasco.

That's exactly what it is. It's the events that happen while Noctis and co. begin their road trip to Altissia.

I liked it, but I knew going in what it was because I've been following XV news closely for the last few years.

I guess my question is how much does it play into FFXV though? If most of the threads left over from that movie are picked up by the game then that's cool. But if they leave a bunch of stuff unanswered then that's the sort of stuff that'd make it a bad prologue IMO.

I guess my question is how much does it play into FFXV though? If most of the threads left over from that movie are picked up by the game then that's cool. But if they leave a bunch of stuff unanswered then that's the sort of stuff that'd make it a bad prologue IMO.

The invasion was originally supposed to be in the game, but they cut it out and turned it into a movie instead.

That was suuuuch a good moment in the podcast.

The invasion was originally supposed to be in the game, but they cut it out and turned it into a movie instead.

I know that, my point is more concerning how closely they're tied together. Like will Nyx's buddy (whose name I can't remember) even appear in the game? Will they address that (Kingsglaive spoiler)
most of Lucis' elite squad seemed to be traitors?
Or will most of what happened in the movie just be ignored?

Karu

I'm sensing a very positive review for FH3 by Blood incoming this week.

That''s the one game I am dying to play without being able to right now. The Crew just doesn't cut it with its RPG systems and the horrid handling :-/

sora87

Not much on the schedule for me this week, Ben's stream sounds fun and the Vive group stream should be a laugh.

Kneefoil

I wish there was a compilation of all the stupid improv bits Kyle does during the Tetris streams. I haven't watched Tet streams in like a month, and I already sometimes feel like I'm missing out.

MrMette

I'm sensing a very positive review for FH3 by Blood incoming this week.

That''s the one game I am dying to play without being able to right now. The Crew just doesn't cut it with its RPG systems and the horrid handling :-/

It is fantastic. I am playing it since thursday night (I bought the ultimate version) and it is hard to put down (I am thinking about it constantly during work, which isn't good for work, but it is a hallmark of a great game imo). There are some small quirks with the drivatars sometimes (not often) and I have found some minor other bugs (which will possibly be fixed in a patch when the normal version releases), but those pale in comparisson to how fantastic the rest is.

I understand I am still in the honeymoon fase with the game and I am a big fan of the Forza series in general, but I would highly recommend the game to everybody who has the means to play it.

I don't want to sound overdramatic, but we really lost something when The Final Bosman ended.

I miss Kyle doing his own show with his personal rants/musings, his weird skits and "lore" etc. Bosman at Home should've been the successor but it never really never took off and now it's dead. Nowadays, Kyle is basically just doing EZA streams, podcasts and whatever he's doing at Youtube Gaming. It's sad that basically all the shows and segments from GT survived after the closure except the show that put GT on the map (again) for me back in early 2013. It's just hard to believe that I watched and looked forward to his show every week for almost 3 years and then it just disappeared.

I'm not even sure if it is Kyle that don't have the ambition or wants to do his own show anymore or if it's that he just don't have the time or money to do so, but it's a damn shame... The Final Bosman was my favorite gaming show and there's no substitute.

I completely understand this sentiment and I often feel the same exact way. However, you must keep telling yourself that events happen, things change, and people move on. Also remember we're all just that: people. It's normal for someone to look out for her or his best interests at all times in life, and I think this is exactly what Kyle is doing in this case. I'm sure you could agree he deserves every professional opportunity that comes his way.

So with all that said, I will continue to show my support for anything and everything Kyle does, regardless of how much I miss the old times.

r2BcmYM.png

It was Scholastic that changed Philosopher to Sorcerer, not Rowling. Not sure when she's supposed to have said Americans are dumb, sounds completely out of character for her.

Also, Blood was awesome this episode. Needs to be on more podcasts.

sora87

We really need that symphony of the night stream with Ian and his sister.
And Jones, seriously, just start the full FF6 playthrough, you want it, we want it, make it happen!

Auctopus

This episode of Frame Trap is an absolute stormer...

- Their discussion of FFXV and how it transitioned into relevant discussions about film direction then BACK into FFXV was seamless.
- The "Whatcha Been Playing?" segment was so smooth going between the games they had been playing, sometimes that segment gets hung up but it just kept transitioning.
- Ian's thoughts on the Palmer Luckey incident were incredibly reserved and thoughtful without being flippant or over-emotional.

Very solid episode.

mcw

What's this? Rumor has it that PSX will be at Anaheim in early December. Will the Allies be there?

And more importantly, does this mean a community meetup at Trader Sam's?

wiibomb

What's this? Rumor has it that PSX will be at Anaheim in early December. Will the Allies be there?

And more importantly, does this mean a community meetup at Trader Sam's?

Not a rumor its confirmed.

I thought it was just playstation tour and now I see it is the legit playstation experience.

Well I don't see any reason they won't go, I totally expect them to go. So nice they don't have to worry about long trips or anything

Budi

Tales from the east sounds super interesting! Can't wait, I hope those are lenghty episodes if we are only getting one in week.

Alucrid

Banned
glad ben brought up the palmer luckey story.

-ian had some great and insightful thoughts about it
-fuck people who always give him shit
-got somewhat peeved at brandon saying "if this did happen" since i believe this was recorded after palmer's statement and ben did say that he did in fact make the donation
-wonder how the statements from the oculus ceo and jason rubin would have influenced the conversation

Karu

Still listening, so will comment on other things later, but...

I feel like the conceived notion that the gratification in japanese games is inherently different opposed to western games is weird to me. I am especially mentioning this, because I feel that is absolutely wrong for Dragon Quest VII - the very story structure of many vignettes story - lends itself to shorter burst play sessions. Another example would be Persona 4 with its almost mobile phone game design in its short burst calender system.

I don't want to sound overdramatic, but we really lost something when The Final Bosman ended.

I miss Kyle doing his own show with his personal rants/musings, his weird skits and "lore" etc. Bosman at Home should've been the successor but it never really never took off and now it's dead. Nowadays, Kyle is basically just doing EZA streams, podcasts and whatever he's doing at Youtube Gaming. It's sad that basically all the shows and segments from GT survived after the closure except the show that put GT on the map (again) for me back in early 2013. It's just hard to believe that I watched and looked forward to his show every week for almost 3 years and then it just disappeared.

I'm not even sure if it is Kyle that don't have the ambition or wants to do his own show anymore or if it's that he just don't have the time or money to do so, but it's a damn shame... The Final Bosman was my favorite gaming show and there's no substitute.

I have a lot of similar feelings. Tabletop Escapades has become one of my most anticipated weekly things, which is strange because I watched Easy Allies because of The Final Bosman (Ben, Huber, Ian etc. were practically strangers to me, never watched their stuff at GT) and I found a ton of things that I love, but the hole that happened after The Final Bosman was over is still there.

I've pretty much accepted it though since I don't want to sacrifice the shows they do with their time now and I don't want their lives to be spent making internet videos 24/7

Yeah, I don't watch TTE because there's so many hours of episodes I'd need to go through to catch up,

You don't need to be 'caught up', just watch when you feel like it and remember what episode you left off on. It's not as if we need to avoid TTE spoilers on social media.

In other words: You really need to experience illegal cat racing and learn that the world is a seashell when you don't know what a seashell is.

I wish there was a compilation of all the stupid improv bits Kyle does during the Tetris streams. I haven't watched Tet streams in like a month, and I already sometimes feel like I'm missing out.

There was a meta bit in a recent stream where there was a bit about there not being a bit because Tropical Freeze has too good of a soundtrack to make up a bit.

Piichan

Banned
I wish I wasn't busy with work, or I would've loved to stalk Ben in Tokyo lol.

About the Tetris bits, the one about the guy with superpowers at the club is hilarious too lol. I wish I remember what episode it was.

Karu

On the Hottake (and the YT-comment section of this video):

(Comments are more generally speaking and not necessarily directed at anyone on the panel)
- Few things frustrate me more than people who are saying "Keep it (e.g. politics) out of my videogames!" (and to top it off probably also still claim vg's are supposed to be art lol). My god, get a grip. Escapism or not, demanding an entire industry to cut itself off of reality is friggin insanity to me.
- Twitter is not a necessary place for day-to-day politics, that's absolutely true in my mind and I get the frustration of not having a full discussion because of the discrepancy in discussion channels etc., but I thought the panel's notion of not sounding off support for those in need for fear of harrasment was just sad... (in terms of the fact that they feel they can't express themselve, I don't mean to say that they are at fault for not expressing themselves in fear of harrassment)
- Ian's notion that dead competition is good.... EHHH, can't agree at all. He spoke more for developers, but overall the consumer shouldn't care much about that - especially if we talk more about the business side of things. Otherwise he made some great points.

Karu

Sorry, but I feel like I have to respond to this.

-No one on the panel or within EZA was demanding an entire industry cut itself off from reality. That's extremely dangerous. Saying Huber uses videogames as a form of escape is not the same thing as issuing a demand.
-"Not sounding off support for those in need". I don't understand this. We absolutely support those in need who are being harassed. I'm not sure where you got the impression that we don't. I, personally, was just trying to express the difficulty of sharing the entirety of a viewpoint on social media. That's not the same thing as denying support.

I feel like what we said is being skewed or misunderstood.
Ah fuck, in a first version of the post I clarified that I didn't meant these points necessarily in regards to a specific person of the panel. Sorry, missed that after going over my post again. The first point was generally speaking and specifically towards certain YT comments under the video.
The second point was regards to Ian who said that specifically. But again that was not an accusation but a statement of the sad state of affairs in terms of verbalising support on social media. I think it's sad that the social media landscape has gone so far, someone like Ian withholds support in certain situations.

Happy to clarify anytime, though! :D

Edit: Since a few days ago the Twitch-label which shows whether they are Live or not on easyallies.com is not working I think.

Ah fuck, in a first version of the post I clarified that I didn't meant these points necessarily in regards to a specific person of the panel. Sorry, missed that after going over my post again. The first point was generally speaking and specifically towards certain YT comments under the video.
The second point was regards to Ian who said that specifically. But again that was not an accusation but a statement of the sad state of affairs in terms of verbalising support on social media. I think it's sad that the social media landscape has gone so far, someone like Ian withholds support in certain situations.

Happy to clarify anytime, though! :D

Yeah, when I was reading it again, I thought that might be the case. Sorry if I sounded aggressive. I jumped the gun when I shouldn't have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom