• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Dandte

So when it releases in America can us with non jailbroken iphones still get it?
Woot? Shouldn't it be the jailbroken Phone who Should be in fear like with mittomo? Just create an us Account. Only Takes 1 min to do so. I have a jap, a German, a Philippine and an us Account and no Problems. Sometimes My German Account Gets deacrivated But you only Need to reactivate it with your Safety questions.

Dandte

The day will come we rise to the top and when we stay above all Factions i will Ask: Tell me kitty. what does the fox say?

No unicorns Are cool. I "believe" in them.

Malyse

Yes, because in the inferior countries that means April 7th.

You say April 7th not 7 April. Month then day.

Can't we make a poll or something Else for the fraction? Or is it decided already?
I just hope this isn't iOS 9 only, or else I won't be able to play it.

Are we joining the Unicorn?
Do what you want. I'm joining Unicornis no matter what.
I vote we go Leopard, since it's kind of got the GAF color scheme.

I don't recall ever seeing them win in either PC or Mobile.

So when it releases in America can us with non jailbroken iphones still get it?

All you need is an App Store account for the country. It's how I've been playing KHUX

Unicorns or bust, if you choose otherwise, no complaining.

The day will come we rise to the top and when we stay above all Factions i will Ask: Tell me kitty. what does the fox say?

No unicorns Are cool. I "believe" in them.

I think it's safe to say we're going Unicorn.

Malyse

and what are those?

When you use someone in your party as an extra medal you get ten points, outside of your party you get 5 points. Every 100 points you get to draw a medal from the shop. Usually 1-4 star medals, usually enhancement medals.

They went away in version 1.2, and they made changes to the assist attack screen.

Famassu

You say April 7th not 7 April. Month then day.
When you write it in numbers, it's more logical to go day (the shortest span of time), month, year (the longest span of time) instead of first the middle length part and then the short part and then the long one.

And the 7th of April is a perfectly valid way of saying the date.

iosefe

When you use someone in your party as an extra medal you get ten points, outside of your party you get 5 points. Every 100 points you get to draw a medal from the shop. Usually 1-4 star medals, usually enhancement medals.

They went away in version 1.2, and they made changes to the assist attack screen.

ooh, i know those. Puzzle and Dragon's had similar

tensuke

Before we get started you should know two things.

First, Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ is absolutely canon. Second, Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ ties directly into KH3, as well as Dream Drop Distance, Birth By Sleep 0.2 a fragmentary passage, and χ Back Cover. Don't assume that because this is a F2P mobile game that it's not as important as Birth By Sleep or Dream Drop Distance.
You are a newly awakened Keyblade Wielder summoned from the future.
FB7tpa3.png

giphy.gif

Kapow

Are people just making fun of this because of the graphics? Cause the cheap flash look is par for the course for SquareEnix these days. The gameplay actually looks pretty good from the gameplay videos though

Mikey Jr.

I'm trying to understand the story from the OP, but I can't...

They are throwing so much new shit and concepts into this. It is kind of fucking ridiculous now. Foretellers, and keyblades from the future. As if we needed more shit.

Fuck me. Alright, well, I'm this deep in now. Gotta go all the way at this point I guess. See this through till the end.

Malyse

The delusion from X/Unchained fans is too much. This game will be lucky to be on par with Days.
I must have missed the interview where Nomura stressed the importance of Days and how it ties directly to KH3. Link?

Go be cynical somewhere else. This is really not the time or place.
Any word on EU ?
You don't get it. SE doesn't like you.
I'm trying to understand the story from the OP, but I can't...

They are throwing so much new shit and concepts into this. It is kind of fucking ridiculous now. Foretellers, and keyblades from the future. As if we needed more shit.

Fuck me. Alright, well, I'm this deep in now. Gotta go all the way at this point I guess. See this through till the end.
It's much less complicated than it looks.

Anyway, I'll at least be playing this because as usual, I'm curious. Even if it's not super important.

Also it's F2P so if it turns out to be actuall shit I can say I didn't spend a dime on it lol

SeppOCE

The importance of KH spin-offs has always been up to each individual person. Some people, like me I guess, who are in love with the lore and story and love to follow every spin-off and soak up every detail, even if it only brings in a few plot points, see every entry to KH as important. If this game introduces a new plot point that also happens to pop up in KH3 then I'll see it as an important entry and play the absolute fuck out of it because I love Kingdom Hearts. I don't expect it to be another Chain of Memories but every entry is important to me.

Can't wait until we can play this!!

Famassu

Are people just making fun of this because of the graphics? Cause the cheap flash look is par for the course for SquareEnix these days. The gameplay actually looks pretty good from the gameplay videos though
Yes, a free to play mobile game doesn't look like a mobile game equivalent of FFXV. Shocking, I know. Seriously, what the fuck? Graphics & music are the two things that everyone can agree SQEX still does very well. Even if this does look a bit cheap-ish for a SQEX game, it's by no means an ugly game.

Malyse

dont spoil it but are there boss specific themes and do we eventually fight Unknown?
no and not as of yet
There's only been like 4 boss fights. Well, three boss fights and one fight of you getting your ass absolutely handed to you by this crazy demon chick that hit me so hard my reflect spell shattered.
Down in Australia, we say 7th of April :(

we said civilized world
😂
Even if somehow this game were relevant to the plot (it isn't), you could just read two paragraphs on a wikipedia and be done with it.

/eats sea salt ice cream for 20 hours

So you somehow think that the Keyblade War that Eraqus and Xehanort have been talking about in oh, all of the KH3 trailers isn't relevant to the plot? Yeah ok. Or do you just think Nomura is wrong when he says how important this is?

WarAdept

I've invested too many years into the shitstorm that is Kingdom Hearts to not play this game.

Here's to 10 more Xenanorts and 50 more time travel shenanigans.

Tirod

Excited to play something newish regarding KH.

Guess I'll go join the Unicorns since Malyse is so insistent on it.

botty

Banned
I must have missed the interview where Nomura stressed the importance of Days and how it ties directly to KH3. Link?

Go be cynical somewhere else. This is really not the time or place.

If we have people in here trying to claim this game as important as Birth By Sleep, then yes this is the time and place. Nomura has stressed the importance of every game in the series, even Coded, so I am not sure where you were trying to go with that point.

Famassu

If we have people in here trying to claim this game as important as Birth By Sleep, then yes this is the time and place. Nomura has stressed the importance of every game in the series, even Coded, so I am not sure where you were trying to go with that point.
Except Coded has zero importance past hinting at a couple of storylines in games after it & Days just gives a better look at the Org XIII & Roxas' time in it, but is mostly devoid of anything of real importance.

So far Chi has introduced the Foretellers & Book of Prophecy. Other than that, it hasn't introduced anything too relevant to the larger storyline (so far), other than give a bit more context to how the Keyblade War happened (i.e. we already knew it happened because Keyblade wielders started hoarding & fighting over light, now we know that the Book of Prophecy & Foretellers are (partly) to blame). The ending might change that, but it remains to be seen whether that's just something that can be & will be more thoroughly explained in KHIII or if it's actually something that people need to know to get a better understanding of what is going on.

Malyse

Oh? Show me the interview where he said coded was directly tied to KH3, Back Cover, Dream Drop Distance, and BBS 0.2. I'll wait. Again, how exactly is the game that covers the event that all of the dialogue we've heard from KH3 has been talking about not important? You have some weird bias against this game and you're being a ridiculous wet blanket. If people are disappointed then they'll be disappointed. Damn, man. Let people make up their own mind and stop trying to drag the OT down. We already have multiple things that have been added via this game.
Oh Malyse, while you're here I'm gonna bother you!

Does gender affect dialogue/relationships in any meaningful way, or just pronouns? If it's just pronouns, then I'll make a Namine look-a-like.
Not that I've seen. And given that you can freely swap gender, I doubt it will. Go for it.

botty

Banned
Except Coded has zero importance past hinting at a couple of storylines in games after it & Days just gives a better look at the Org XIII & Roxas' time in it, but is mostly devoid of anything of real importance.

So far Chi has introduced the Foretellers & Book of Prophecy. Other than that, it hasn't introduced anything too relevant to the larger storyline (so far), other than give a bit more context to how the Keyblade War happened (i.e. we already knew it happened because Keyblade wielders started hoarding & fighting over light, now we know that the Book of Prophecy & Foretellers are (partly) to blame). The ending might change that, but it remains to be seen whether that's just something that can be & will be more thoroughly explained in KHIII or if it's actually something that people need to know to get a better understanding of what is going on.

You're talking about Coded in hindsight, though. Before the game was released, Nomura was hyping it up as important, too. As far as I know, we're placing a lot of value on things in Chi without having seeing the significance yet. Coded also introduced and set things up, but in the end they were not that important.

Oh? Show me the interview where he said coded was directly tied to KH3, Back Cover, Dream Drop Distance, and BBS 0.2. I'll wait. Again, how exactly is the game that covers the event that all of the dialogue we've heard from KH3 has been talking about not important? You have some weird bias against this game and you're being a ridiculous wet blanket. If people are disappointed then they'll be disappointed. Damn, man. Let people make up their own mind and stop trying to drag the OT down. We already have multiple things that have been added via this game.

Not that I've seen. And given that you can freely swap gender, I doubt it will. Go for it.

Why would Nomura say coded was directly tied to games which were not even a thought at the time? Prior to 3, Birth By Sleep was THE big Kingdom Hearts game, and Coded was supposed to be "deeply" connected to Birth By Sleep. Virtually nothing in Coded was connected to Birth By Sleep.

The reason I mention coded is because it had a similar IV drip of story/information, and didn't result in much at the end. We should go into X not expecting much, and being surprised and ecstatic if it does result in something relevant--not go in thinking it will be this great prologue to the stuff in KH3.

In my opinion, Chi part of a set up that will be based in the next trilogy. Naruto teas.

Top Bottom