• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT2| "All Quiet on the GAF Front"

If there's one thing I come to battlefield for its the 5v5 comp modes that have features like “rank up to gain access to improved weapons and abilities based on a combination of time and performance.”

Lmao

WillyFive

If they want to make Battlefield competitive, make 64 player Conquest work as a competitive thing with squads and vehicles and everything, not make Counter-Strike.

ThisOne

New map seems cool so far. Nice change of scenery from all the other maps they've released. I'm guessing new weapons won't be available until next month when the entire expansion releases?

What new map are people talking about?

Also, had a great Operations match with iRAWRasaurus and his buddy yesterday afternoon. Thanks again for letting me crash your party. The map was a meat grinder but we held out and killed about two dozen tanks during that match (at least, it felt like that many).

BLAUcopter

Gold Member
New map seems cool so far. Nice change of scenery from all the other maps they've released. I'm guessing new weapons won't be available until next month when the entire expansion releases?
Could it be like the CTE where you have to unlock them?

What new map are people talking about?

Also, had a great Operations match with iRAWRasaurus and his buddy yesterday afternoon. Thanks again for letting me crash your party. The map was a meat grinder but we held out and killed about two dozen tanks during that match (at least, it felt like that many).
For sure, feel free to join whenever you see me playing.

Just saw the info. Thats awesome the Red Army is going to be a fraction as well.

Capsov

Man, the new frontlines maps are really bad. Spawns are terrible, constant spawn killing, zero flow to the battle, terrible objective zones. It is really souring the vanilla playlist.

Joins the Lukpow Pass Conquest matchmaking option that's featured on the main menu, ends up being placed in an Operations match on Monte Grappa. 🤔

the quickmatch conquest for the new map didn't work

finally found one through the server browser

it didn't let me join or create a squad and the fps seemed pretty fucking spotty even on the base ps4 (fov set to 90 however) when nothing was going on.

Neith

Banned

Lupkow is fucking garbage so far in Conquest, and better in TDM.

The map hardly has the transport necessary for the large space. Campers galore. HUGE spaces to run. You spend half the fucking map running.

And I absolutely love Prise and Neville. Two of the best maps out there. I have no idea what they were thinking with this map in 64 player.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Lupkow is ass. Nothing but snipers.

Well I played for all of 5 seconds but it did seem pretty open and sniper oriented. How many vehicles does it have? I didn't see a single one..

And again the framerate is really poor for base ps4

Well I played for all of 5 seconds but it did seem pretty open and sniper oriented. How many vehicles does it have? I didn't see a single one..

And again the framerate is really poor for base ps4

No ground vehicles (not include the armored train). Only planes and horses. Hopefully, it will play better in operations....

edit: r/battlefield_one seems pissed about Battlefield 1 Revolution.

DeaDPo0L84

Damn the whole revolution hype was basically just a big fuck you to those who dished out $120 out the gate. What makes it worse is the content isn't even out so really all you did was give them a loan while others will play the same content on the same date as you for half the cost. Seriously fucked up on their part. I was gonna get the pass but its still $40 which is laughable with this recent announcement and it'll go back up to $50 tomorrow. I can buy Battlefront 2 for that and all maps are free there so easy decision. They have seriously screwed the pooch with this entry in the battlefield series.

Lulu23

Why are people pissed about Revolution? They've always included the Premium pass some time after release. Is it because the DLCs are releasing so slowly?

Why are people pissed about Revolution? They've always included the Premium pass some time after release. Is it because the DLCs are releasing so slowly?
I'm not that mad but yeah someone basically said it was a loan since it's coming after only 1/4 of the dlc.

Personally I am not upset. But I can understand the people who are pissed. Normally GOTY editions with all the DLCs come out after all the DLCs has been released. And with bf1's fuck with the slow ass release, I can understand their pov. As long as the community is healthy and it's not a pain to find matches including the DLCs, I won't complain.

new map is good because it doesnt suffer from the musical chairs shit that plagued much of the tsnp maps. capping the c flag gets you those high sightlines which is great for putting pressure on f and d.

Hystzen

New map sometimes suffers from non stop snipe but when get round without that it is a blast some insane fights around the wreckage and village

Whenever a new and large map is released, people tend to call it a sniper's paradise, but I think this is only because people have not yet learned map movements and the general layout. Sinai was like this in the beta, as was Giant's Shadow when it released, but nowadays it doesn't seem like much of an issue on those two examples.

Just playing devil's advocate here.

ThisOne

Whenever a new and large map is released, people tend to call it a sniper's paradise, but I think this is only because people have not yet learned map movements and the general layout. Sinai was like this in the beta, as was Giant's Shadow when it released, but nowadays it doesn't seem like much of an issue on those two examples.

Yep, that's been my experience as well. Once people learn the flow of the maps, they tend to play better. Glad that this map will avoid the ring around the rosie bullshit of the two night maps.

Hystzen

Dice ripped me off with weekly medal had i won 2 times on Devils Anvil once as germany and other as france still didn't tick if off

Coolluck

I'm a bit pissed about Revolution too. Something for those of us who bought Premium early on would have been a nice token of appreciation. The only upside is maybe bringing more friends into the fold come Black Friday.

Olengie

I like the new map. Is there a way to be a female soldier permanently.

Bring on the snipers. Honestly, it's not that bad; you'll always have counter-snipers. When I was Scout, I was more worried about another Scout getting me than the other guys since it can get pretty hard to see em.

man i love how DICE didn't scale back the settings at all on a closed platform for a map that renders a shitton and now console players are stuck with a map with shitty fps

NHale

I'm a bit pissed about Revolution too. Something for those of us who bought Premium early on would have been a nice token of appreciation. The only upside is maybe bringing more friends into the fold come Black Friday.

Yes I think every Premium pass owner has the legitimate right to be upset with this but at the same time I see this as a sign they are moving away from the "maps locked behind a Season pass" thing. They are trying their best to get away from that, with Premium friends, trials, etc. and I think this pack is called revolution for a reason.

However if they made maps free for everyone now it would be a mess of epic proportions because Premium owners would be really fucked with that move. I think EA realized too late that Premium doesn't work anymore and are stuck between mantaining a community with free maps for everyone and the reality that they charged $60 for those maps to people and if they made them free now they would have either to give the money back (hahaha), give some meaningless battlepacks in return (hahahah) or just face the backlash from the most hardcore BF owners.

Right now as a Premium pass owner, I'm open for them to make every map free for everyone but in return EA should offer you something meaningful in return like: permanent DICE Premium ownership where you get every map early than everyone else (don't like it because it splits the community for that time period) or a digital discount in future EA games let's say 50% off for SW Battlefront 2 or future BF game (hahahah) or choose 2 free games from previous EA titles. In reality, I think they will just keep making maps more accessible to anyone via various methods (trials, discounts, free weeks, etc.) and wait until every DLC to release to make them all free forever.

BLAUcopter

Gold Member

Shhhhhh, too much common sense in one post.

Foxxsoxx

The new map plays great when squads run together and use teamwork. Too bad that doesn't happen and everyone camps completely ruining it.

Played the new map yesterday and while snipers are definitely a problem it does seem a pretty good map with plenty of cover and alternative routes around its large playfield. After a few rounds I thought it was a pretty good map.

Except...

Who the hell thought it was a good idea to put aircraft on the map and only have 1 anti-aircraft gun in the whole level. Every round was blighted with competent pilots shooting (bombing) fish in a barrel without real means to defend against the tactic. D flag was particularly bad for this as there is no air cover and any major fighting here means that pilots can get multi-kills after multi-kills.

I know someone will bring up the "why not shoot it with your gun" argument but unless 5-6 players on your team are all doing that at the same time and hitting, you're frankly just pissing in the wind. And we all know just how co-ordinated teams are on Battlefield. Meanwhile, the pilot just flies off and repairs in the air and quickly returns to fuck everyones shit up.

Not good DICE, not good.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
we really acting like the game wasn't $27 on Black Friday?

$77 for game + premium was a reality last November

what's $60 a whole 9 months later?

yah, i got it for $27. then premium at E3 for $40 and got a $15 credit for buying it during the PSN spend $100 sale.

I am not upset that i paid $67 and now people can get it for $60 or $48 if they have gcu. im happy because that means i can finally play some DLC operations.

Foxxsoxx

Played the new map yesterday and while snipers are definitely a problem it does seem a pretty good map with plenty of cover and alternative routes around its large playfield. After a few rounds I thought it was a pretty good map.

Except...

Who the hell thought it was a good idea to put aircraft on the map and only have 1 anti-aircraft gun in the whole level. Every round was blighted with competent pilots shooting (bombing) fish in a barrel without real means to defend against the tactic. D flag was particularly bad for this as there is no air cover and any major fighting here means that pilots can get multi-kills after multi-kills.

I know someone will bring up the "why not shoot it with your gun" argument but unless 5-6 players on your team are all doing that at the same time and hitting, you're frankly just pissing in the wind. And we all know just how co-ordinated teams are on Battlefield. Meanwhile, the pilot just flies off and repairs in the air and quickly returns to fuck everyones shit up.

Not good DICE, not good.

Yeah the map desperately needs more AA and some transport vehicles.

My biggest gripe about the game is transport vehicles actually. For some reason one of my favorite things in BF3/BF4 was transport choppers... This game obviously lacks them, plus many maps have no ground transport either.

I have no idea why so little ground transport is in the game. Horses only carry one person and force a class change, meanwhile THERE ARE NO BIKES OR ANYTHING TO GET AROUND THIS HUGE MAP WHAT THE FUCK.

BPK

man i love how DICE didn't scale back the settings at all on a closed platform for a map that renders a shitton and now console players are stuck with a map with shitty fps

Ugh. This was a problem with some of the BF4 dlc as well. It wasn't optimized well for ps4 and so it ran poorly. Very disappointing when, if I recall, PS4 is where the largest player base is.

Turkoop

Banned
I can talk about Incursions now, played it today at Gamescom.

Feels very, very intense. We've played a round on Giants Shadow but was a other version and heavily changed.
There are few classes you can select (like in R6 Siege) and your team has to conquer three points. When the game starts B is the only point which is available, A & C will unlocked later. You have to collect points, you get them for almost everything, killing, assists (not sure) and for example destroying tanks. Who ever reaches 11 points first, gets a big point. And the team which collects 6 big points, wins the game.

I hope this was a good introduction ^^

WillyFive

I can talk about Incursions now, played it today at Gamescom.

Feels very, very intense. We've played a round on Giants Shadow but was a other version and heavily changed.
There are few classes you can select (like in R6 Siege) and your team has to conquer three points. When the game starts B is the only point which is available, A & C will unlocked later. You have to collect points, you get them for almost everything, killing, assists (not sure) and for example destroying tanks. Who ever reaches 11 points first, gets a big point. And the team which collects 6 big points, wins the game.

I hope this was a good introduction ^^

Would you consider playing it often?

BPK

Ugh. This was a problem with some of the BF4 dlc as well. It wasn't optimized well for ps4 and so it ran poorly. Very disappointing when, if I recall, PS4 is where the largest player base is.

I finally got to play the new map myself and it wasn't as bad as I expected. In my opinion, it runs no worse than any other map in the game. It's also beautiful and flows much better than the majority of the other maps. Snipers are a problem but, as mentioned, I'm finding I'm killed less by them each game I play. Map knowledge is key. It's also great to have a SNOW map in this game.

Top Bottom