• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNSD and K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

Dice said:
HHHNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

I haven't stanned her like this since Genie.

That lasso move is badass.

Zi7cf.jpg
d6QNv.jpg

Man I wish I could find more footage and gifs of Sica's catwalk:

Jn5Z6.png

Conceptor

Hope you were able to nab closer seats Fafnir, otherwise have fun and enjoy it!

Started watching OMS/100 points out of 100, enjoying it so far. Simon D is hilarious and at first I totally forgot that Myung-soo was in it lol (to be fair it's that wig he wears in HT!)
Minho got only one vote for class rep so he ended up getting punishment for coming last, but Eun Seo volunteered to join him :>, so that was cool cause I felt pretty bad for him lol

Edit: OC just beat me to it. Got the same result lol

6ZyXz.jpg

oc

peanutbutterchocolate

Salazar

Cheers.

lol at the intro to f(x) Koala. A little kid is introducing himself to an American class, and he says he's from Korea. The most obnoxious looking brat goes "huh ? Koooreeeeaaaa ?"

Edit: And they have a mock-up tablet called a KoreaPad. Awesome.

The Boys, SMTown NYC.

9e7Qs.jpg

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
lol f(x) koala.. my friend was on that show for like 2 seconds. it's the episode where they went to LA for SMTown and they're arriving at the airport. He's playing one of their songs on his ipod and waves at the camera.

ramyeon

http://www.soompi.com/news/video-history-of-kpop-girl-groups-1996-present

Awesome video with a load of girl groups as in their chronological order of debut. The first groups I remember actually being around in communities for the debuts of are I guess Kiss or MILK. Meaning I've been listening to kpop for like 11 years or so now! Makes me feel old, even though I'm not.

A few really nostalgic ones in there, mainly Kiss and MILK but other more obscure groups that I remember being excited about and then they just disappeared (Shyne, i-13 for example).

Good stuff.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
orangecaramel said:
Wonder Girls. November 7th.
My prediction was correct.

So that Secret website I was on with all the Jieun pics... I am now also a member of a Girl's Day equivalent site. They are so cute.

Salazar

tTc3K.jpg

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/10/tablo-reveals-he-will-not-be-guesting-on-any-variety-shows

With news that Tablo will be making his return to the stage for the first time in a year and six months, many began to buzz with question of whether he’ll be making any appearances on variety shows.

Before his controversy erupted, he was known for witty commentary and four dimensional quirkiness on various shows. Fans have been wondering whether he’ll be expressing any of his feelings or thoughts through variety shows now that he’s ready to return to music programs.

Unfortunately, it seems it’s still too early for this move, as representatives revealed that he will not appearing on variety programs. According to several industry officials, Tablo did not even produce this album with the thought of performing it live on music programs. Prior to its release, he felt that he had not yet healed from the controversy.

Fafnir

Salazar said:
Seems like I can spend that money I'd set aside to pay Fafnir's bail.
Good looking out Sal, expect a megapost when I get home in a couple days. Wasnt able to sneak into glvl because there is a separate entrance to it for msg, but my friend that bought $58 tickets was able to sit with us at the $200 area where we moved a few rows down on empty seats.

Some observations while the memory is fresh:
- 4 hour 30 flew bye
- teeney bopper ELFs are scary
- Seeing latin kpop fans that knew all the words and dances for Shinee, SUJU and TVXQ blew my friends minds.
- MSG sound system kind of sucks, the girls sounded like they were on helium
- Soshi introed themselves in engrish, all too adorable, big props for Seobabys engrish
- BoA is so pro, fluent english and entertaining
- Ambro, Shinee got huge pops. Soshi all got pops when on screen, Taeyeon, Sunny, Hyo the bigger pops imo. TVXQ probably had the biggest.
- SUJU knows how to work the crowd, Shinee needs more work on that, but after they do they will replace SUJU
- BoA talking about how short her shorts was awesome

-
Edit: will add more later as what i wrote got erased

Fafnir

Raiku said:
Eagerly awaiting megapost, Fafnir. Are you going to that Soshified thing tomorrow?
I'm flying out Mon so I wont be able to do closeup Taengoo stalking =/

More thoughts:

- US maxi album release Nov 19th
- Sooyoung looks really good on stage, my friends changed their bias from Yuri to Soo
- the Boys was hot live, might have converted my friends to GG, but not to kpop as the teeney boppers scared them lol
- Hoping to see a GG only concert in the states but i think they need SUJU and Shinee for the teeney boppers

Conceptor

Fafnir said:
Hoping to see a GG only concert in the states but i think they need SUJU and Shinee for the teeney boppers
That, and it would probably make more sense (also $$) to get the entirety of SM Town to head with them anyhow. Doesn't SM have a relatively small number of staffers spread out between everyone under the label? Glad to see you had fun though :)

Peru said:
Cobu trailer was aired at SmTown? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xSqTP2iy0o
BOA YOU*RE MY EVERYTHING YOU LOOK SO BADASS
I like BoA but even so.. I probably wouldn't see it D:. She doesn't get enough love in this thread though!

Seems like 2PM got a relatively louder welcome/cheering from the NYC crowd the other night compared to the other acts, or maybe they had more fans sitting towards the front lol: http://youtu.be/y_KNi-cJU9c. They changed the 'drinks' to 'dreams' for the younger audience but kept the shot line-up part of their choreo intact :lol.

Peru

I like BoA but even so.. I probably wouldn't see it D:. She doesn't get enough love in this thread though!

Why? These movies are pretty much non-stop dancing, story's not important, and if there's one thing we haven't gotten enough of it's pure BoA dancing the fuck out, showing off her amazing stage presence. Movie of the year.

Conceptor

Peru said:
Why? These movies are pretty much non-stop dancing, story's not important, and if there's one thing we haven't gotten enough of it's pure BoA dancing the fuck out, showing off her amazing stage presence. Movie of the year.
That's where my statement stems from, but you make a strong case so I'm willing to change my mind. I'm just not the biggest fan of a films like Step Up 1/2/3 when it comes down to it.. As long as the choreo is good and BoA is front and center I'll enjoy it :>

Salazar

hGoS2.gif

Rookie watch.

jk7tU.jpg

On October 24th, representatives of Dino Entertainment revealed that their girl group, Clinah, would be releasing their debut album, “We Are Clinah“, on the morning of the 28th.

The band is comprised of lead vocalist Han Yuna (21), first guitarist Rika (21), second guitarist Malja (17), and drummer Lee Sowoon (19). Don’t let their cute looks fool you, as they’re well-versed in composing and writing songs. Johnny Kim (formerly of rock band Superkidd) directed the album, and their title track, “Come On Boy“, is the work of rookie composer Beatnist.

Representatives stated, “‘Come On Boy’ has a bright and refreshing guitar sound mixed with electronic vibes. The fast-paced beat and exciting melody fits perfectly with Clinah’s youthful and lovely image. We’re sure that they will be a group that not only appeals to rock fans, but teen girl group fans as well.

I am 100% behind Dino Entertainment. They sound rad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom