• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nippon Ichi Software 25th anniversary press conference set for July 15th

dehifqnwaaacwmelisb3.png

According to the description of the press conference, the company will discuss various events scheduled to be held during its 25th anniversary and announce new titles. Special guests will also appear.

http://gematsu.com/2017/07/nippon-ichi-software-25th-anniversary-press-conference-set-july-15

Asagi time?

dg043ksmz.jpg

Probably not, but maybe we could get a new Prinny platformer or remaster. Given their Switch support it could make sense to bring those back.

Strings

Would love a Coven and Labyrinth of Refrain sequel (or announcing the localisation of the first so that more folks can try it out).

Not really sure what else. Crazy burnt out on Disgaea, while other NIS releases have been pretty mediocre to bad as of late.

Announcing a new game by The Firefly Diary/A Rose in the Castle of Twilight team is all I need. Confirm it for Switch and I'm set. This and Yomawari team games are the two series I need on portables and I can't see them keep making PSV versions. Don't let me down NIS.

AniHawk

I can see them doing a collection on Switch.

anything switch-related is going to be too early to announce here. games shown off at this event would have needed to have started development at least a year ago if they're coming out sometime next year for the 25th anniversary. i seriously would not expect a whole lot for switch until tgs at the earliest.

Disgaea HD compilation?

My life as I know it would be over!

Anyways, just wanted to drop how much I like this company. (My) gaming would be less interesting without them and it's borderline embarrassing, how many hours of my life I put into their games, especially the Disgaea series. It's a miracle I don't suffer from deformities on my hands from the time I spent clawing on the PSP alone. :D

I think they'll confirm the Switch ports of Penny-Punching Princess and The Longest Five Minutes for Japan (so far I haven't seen any announcement on that yet), plus show some trailer or mention of already announced games for the coming year. Coven PS4, Yomawari: Midnight Shadows etc.

As for a new announcement, I don't know. It has been some time since Disgaea 5, but the series isn't doing all too well in Japan recently. I thought The Witch and the Hundred Knight would become big, but TW&HK 2 bombed really hard. Maybe they'll do a PS4/Switch port of one of their older games or so, I don't know.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
anything switch-related is going to be too early to announce here. games shown off at this event would have needed to have started development at least a year ago if they're coming out sometime next year for the 25th anniversary. i seriously would not expect a whole lot for switch until tgs at the earliest.

It depends on what kind of game we're talking about. If they announce something like Disgaea 6, which would be further down the line (potentially second half of 2018 / end of first half at earliest), given what Niikawa said recently, that would be a PS4/Switch game. I suppose ports wouldn't need that much time to be worked on compared to new games: here, I'm referring to not just Penny-Punching Money / TL5M (which, honestly, I don't see releasing in Japan for one specific reason: their original sales were so low that NIS probably don't see the point in re-releasing them in Japan on a different system), but even to stuff like ports of older Disgaea (one of the other things mentioned by Nikawa in the recent AMA, depending on Disgaea 5's sales...and we know how they're going).

Still, even if I know (given what you already said) NIS (and not just NISA) is going to support Switch in the future thanks to the eye-opening Disgaea 5's result, I'd just like to see something already, even if it's not that major (relatively for them, of course) :p

AniHawk

It depends on what kind of game we're talking about. If they announce something like Disgaea 6, which would be further down the line (potentially second half of 2018 / end of first half at earliest), given what Niikawa said recently, that would be a PS4/Switch game. I suppose ports wouldn't need that much time to be worked on compared to new games: here, I'm referring to not just Penny-Punching Money / TL5M (which, honestly, I don't see releasing in Japan for one specific reason: their original sales were so low that NIS probably don't see the point in re-releasing them in Japan on a different system), but even to stuff like ports of older Disgaea (one of the other things mentioned by Nikawa in the recent AMA, depending on Disgaea 5's sales...and we know how they're going).

Still, even if I know (given what you already said) NIS (and not just NISA) is going to support Switch in the future thanks to the eye-opening Disgaea 5's result, I'd just like to see something already, even if it's not that major (relatively for them, of course) :p

if you see things announced by nisa first, it's likely a nisa-led endeavor (see also: touhou kobuto v, danganronpa ps4 ports, steam initiative, etc). this is a nis(j) event for their 25th anniversary. disgaea 5 sales happened in april/may, and that's not much time at all to start on switch in such a short amount of time. if you see stuff come out of nis for this event, expect ps4, mobile, and vita.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
if you see things announced by nisa first, it's likely a nisa-led endeavor (see also: touhou kobuto v, danganronpa ps4 ports, steam initiative, etc). this is a nis(j) event for their 25th anniversary. disgaea 5 sales happened in april/may, and that's not much time at all to start on switch in such a short amount of time. if you see stuff come out of nis for this event, expect ps4, mobile, and vita.

Sure, stuff like PPM, Touhou Kobuto V and The Longest 5 Minutes are clearly NISA-driven, and I've actually already said that I'm not expecting PPM and LT5M ports to hit Japan due to the originals selling so low that it doesn't make too much sense to try to capture repeated sales (unless they would try to expand over the originals, sales-wise...but that would be quite foolish, considering we're talking, what, sub-3k in the first week levels?). And yes, Disgaea 5 Complete's release is recent, so of course NIS started shifting more resources towards Switch development quite recently, which means newer projects hitting the platform will take a while to surface. But I thought that stuff like a game that will potentially take a while to release (Disgaea 6) or ports that shouldn't be too resource intensive (like older Disgaea games) could've been potential good guesses.

But yeah, you have fair points. I guess we'll have to wait a bit more for NIS announcing more Switch games, due to how things are playing out. Hopefully not too long, though >_>

Waji

Instead of basic Disgaea, Makai, I'd like to see new stuff like Soul Nomad.
They should try new things.

If Disgaea follows the usual patterns it'll probably by early 2019 for Japanese release of 6, so that announcement is unlikely for a 25 year Anniversary, that would be stuff that fines out before this time next year. I guess it could come early ? Since they've pretty much stopped doing enhanced ports, DD2 didn't happen and 5 didn't have any enhancement and it seems like it's NISA handling the PC ports so it's probably not those either, at least as major announcements.

(But let's be honest even if it is Makai Wars it'll just get cancelled for the 3rd time. The universe itself has got in on making Asagi suffer. )

It's Asagi's time! Finally!

I wonder if we'll get that Prinny 3 that was talked about recently. I hope so.

I also hope for Vita games.

Top Bottom