• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Joker, by Tetsuya Nomura

Link.

Bahamutman of the future needed an enemy to fight.

201705240718051sku11.jpg

More pics at the link.

SoulUnison

Banned
If it didn't have the mecha-arms it'd be solid.

What's with Nomura's obsession with putting DC characters in mechanical armors?

Rymuth

The following 100% happened

*sees thread title*
*closes eyes and takes deep breath*
"I'm ready..."
*opens thread and facepalm*

Are the metal arms for tickling? Because that's cheating, tickling doesn't count as a joke. If you tickle me after a bad joke, that doesn't count, stop it.

duckroll

Well, it's better than Bahamutman and Cyborgwoman. Not by much, but at least he has a recognizable face this time? I dunno.

They transform into a wheelchair.

I don't mean so much that I don't understand them from a pure mechanical standpoint, as I don't understand them from a character design standpoint. The Joker traditionally isn't paraplegic, and in fact does not appear to be so in any of the shots where he's standing. The arms themselves don't have a strong "Joker" aesthetic to them; about the best you could say is they very, very vaguely etch out the sort of "Harlequin Crown" ornamentation, and that's a heck of a stretch.

Pretty much the only connection I can think of is...

Joker in a wheelchair is pretty ironic considering what he did to Barbara Gordon in the main canon

... this, which is some weak sauce, honestly. If it's a new element he's adding to the design that's his prerogative as an artist, but it really should be something that has a clear visual link to the core elements of his design, even if it's in a purely superficial way.

Like, if you did this for The Ventriloquist and the way the mechanical arms moved had a very "puppeteer" aesthetic to them, I could see that.

Top Bottom