• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One April Update Preview Now LIVE - Friend Online Notifications are back(soon)!

dorkimoe

The menu, i will be on the menu, and just hit the b button and it takes me into titanfall, or takes me back into the fitness game, i know its similar to how the back button works on windows mobile, but it shouldnt do that on the system

Yeah the PVZ thing was weird..it would just open and close so i just took the disc out and put it back in the it worked.

Caayn

1) are they ever going to fix the B button? that is easily the most annoying thing ever. You press b to back on the menu and it loads you back into a game you just quit. I really really hate that.
I'm with you. I hate it on my windows phone and I certainly don't like it on the XB1. Makes me feel like I'm fighting against the UI instead of working with it.

Newlove

I think voice navigation could become an issue later on when more games are installed. I once said "Xbox, go to Internet Explorer" while playing Forza 5 and it quit to play Titanfall.

Got the latest update today and hurrah the "Xbox on" command works again. Sadly the "xbox turn off" is now broken. Would be nice to have them both work as they are the two voice commands I use the most

Bgamer90

Banned
The majority of the commands are working for me (as they always have) but now saying "yes" for Xbox Turn Off doesn't work. It just stays on the yes/no menu. Very strange.

Olaf

Banned
Was the new update (2nd one) to fix the Blu Ray drive?

Mine seems normal again since. No more random reading during games, no more discs not reading.

The majority of the commands are working for me (as they always have) but now saying "yes" for Xbox Turn Off doesn't work. It just stays on the yes/no menu. Very strange.

That is the exact issue I'm having. I can get it to the yes/no point but neither command registers

mrg6290

That is the exact issue I'm having. I can get it to the yes/no point but neither command registers

This has happened to me several times since I have owned it; however, like most things on the XB1 a hard reset (hold power "button" on the console) seems to fix it.

I'm assuming a hard reset still fixes it under the newest update, but I am not positive as I have not had the problem recently.

Dabanton

I just this minute came across this problem tried to turn it off by voice and it wouldn't do it. It worked perfectly yesterday.

Bgamer90

Banned
This has happened to me several times since I have owned it; however, like most things on the XB1 a hard reset (hold power "button" on the console) seems to fix it.

It has never happened to me before. All of the commands have worked fine for me before this. Must be a quirk with the update preview.

Got 140319 though the new "silent update".

That's pretty damn slick, OS update without any interruption or prompt from the user. Hell, if I didn't check the the verison # in the Settings app I wouldn't have even known it happened.

gkryhewy

It has never happened to me before. All of the commands have work fine for me before this. Must be a quirk with the update preview.

Or you were lucky before and it's caught up with you :). This has happened to me a few times since launch; requires a hard reset to fix.

Is there a way for someone in the preview program to request the party feature be changed back to how it was? There used to be separate party page on the friends app that listed all of the active parties, now each individual party is hidden until you click on a specific friends name.

Is there a way for someone in the preview program to request the party feature be changed back to how it was? There used to be separate party page on the friends app that listed all of the active parties, now each individual party is hidden until you click on a specific friends name.

There probably isn't, but even if there was it'd be pointless as within weeks, you will be forced to get the latest update anyway.

rob305

What the hell? I got the preview update a couple of days ago and now its prompting me for a 1.6GB update. The xbox didnt update while it was in standby, when I turned it on I got a prompt asking me if I want to update. Is this the full april update? It seems huge

bananas

Banned
I only ever encounter wrong commands when it comes to channel names.

My Xbox just does not want me to watch BBC America, I guess.

sith ewok

When are MS (or Sony) going to add 3d blu ray abilities? Both said that it would be in an update, but neither have even mentioned it since launch...

Rvaisse

Those experiencing problems with the "Turn Off" voice command requiring a controller to select Yes or No ,
Don't worry, its already listed in the update changelog, in the "known issues" paragraph.

I'm having problems with XBox Fitness since the update as well. Halfway through the third workout I'm doing I'm kicked back to the dash and lose my progress. Has happened to me twice and my girlfriend experienced the same thing yesterday. Always happens during the third session which is weird

Those experiencing problems with the "Turn Off" voice command requiring a controller to select Yes or No ,
Don't worry, its already listed in the update changelog, in the "known issues" paragraph.

Yep.. happened to me. I'm sitting there screaming the word Yes... then went to Si just in case! Ha.. I did a power cycle and now it works again.

Jarrod38

I got the 1GB update yesterday or Saturday and was shocked how quickly it downloaded and updated my console. I think it took only like 4 minutes to download it.

Moonkeis

Anyone have issues with Live recently? I was not able to open any Apps or even TF last night. It'd just hang in a back screen...I had to do a hard reset which seems to have fixed it for the time being.

Xbox, Turn Off.

Yes.

YES, GOD DAMMIT!

Daniel-Bryan-Yes-Cheer.gif

Anyone have issues with Live recently? I was not able to open any Apps or even TF last night. It'd just hang in a back screen...I had to do a hard reset which seems to have fixed it for the time being.
I'm not in this beta but twitch app is refusing to display my follow list, and when it does, selecting a user will say this stream is offline.

GoldenA

The 'Xbox Turn off - Yes' and Disks randomly not being recognised are the issues I'm having so far, both of these seem like they will be sorted soon though

mocoworm

Is your Kinect on?

Your issue sounds similar to mine, where the Kinect will override my headset for chat. Turn your Kinect off and do a power cycle on the system.

You don't need to powercycle the system at all. Kinect is taking over as your settings are out of sync. It's definitely an issue/bug. Just do this:

- Go to the very top of your homescreen and click on your profile icon (next to the notifications at the top left.)
- Once in there on your GamerPic it say's 'use / choose this profile'. Click that and the sound will go through your headset again.

Basically, you are re-setting that profile and it's properties to you.

zebwinz

Will opting out of the beta fix the kinect voice issues?

I believe if you run the Preview App again and choose to opt out, your console will still keep whatever current Beta version of the OS you have installed - it won't roll back, you just won't get future beta updates.

Xone9

Banned
not sure if this was posted...

but the latest update from the other day (with silent updates thank god, no more green bar of doom)..

1404 build update starting to deploy tonight!

We have started to deploy the latest 1404 build (xb_rel_1404.140319-2200). Consoles that are in standby mode will be able to install the update starting at 6:00PM PDT on 3/21. Consoles that have not received the update in standby mode by 1:00AM PDT on 3/23 will be prompted to install the update when they connect to Xbox Live. This update will be larger than most (over 1GB). We expect that future updates for the 1404 update will be closer in size to previous updates (~600mb or smaller).

The following changes are contained within this build:

Issues Fixed

Several fixes and tweaks to the user interface.
Initial fixes to address audio crackling sound encountered when Dolby Digital is enabled (additional fixes are pending and will be deployed with a later build).
A fix to address issues where game resume could fail when a console comes out of standby, causing the game to restart rather than resume from its previous state.
Initial fixes for Blu-ray issues where the drive may not be responsive, requiring full system power down to resolve (pressing and holding the power button on the console for 5 seconds).

New Additions

Underlying OS changes required to enable planned 1404 features.
*NEW FEATURE* Silent system update installation: Initial OS changes are present that enable consoles to take a system update overnight when in standby, and the console will now complete the installation, then boot back into standby. This feature will bypass the green installation progress bar currently seen when starting a console that needs to finish installing an update started in standby. This feature will already work with some consoles in this update!

Known Issues

An issue has been identified in the current 1404 build (xb_rel_1404.140313-2200) where some consoles with wired connections aren’t taking system, app, or game updates when in standby. Consoles connected via wireless are not affected. To test the silent update with a wired connection, you can work around this issue by connecting wirelessly when putting your console in standby overnight.
When performing the new silent system update, the following issues may be encountered:
The Blu-ray drive may spin up during silent startup.
The Kinect sensor may light up during silent boot.
During shutdown from standby to install the update, the power light will flash showing that it is shutting down.

Work is still being done to fix all Blu-ray drive issues that were introduced in 1404. There are still some instances where the Blu-ray drive may not wake up from an idle state, resulting in errors that a disc is not present. These issues should be resolved by ejecting and re-inserting the disc to wake up the drive.
When turning off your console with the “Xbox, turn off” command, Kinect does not respond to a command of “yes” or “no”, requiring the controller or remote be used to select “yes” to turn the console off.

Reported Update Issue

We have received some reports of participants encountering an issue with installing this update. The issue being reported is that some consoles get stuck in a loop trying to install the update, or some are hanging at a black screen during the update. This issue has occurred with consoles that are configured with optical audio enabled, and is caused by an invalid audio setting being configured during the update process. If you encounter this issue, please follow the steps below as a workaround. The developers are investigating a fix for this issue occurring during system updates.

1. Unplug the network cable or disable the wireless network and start up your console.

2. If the update screen is not displaying, disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable until update screen appears.

3. At update screen, select Cancel. (Cancel only appears when network is disconnected.)

4. Go to Settings > Display & Sound.

5. Switch HDMI Audio and Optical Audio to Stereo Uncompressed.

6. Plug the network cable back in, or re-enable your wireless network, and connect your console to the network.

7. The update screen should now appear and update should proceed successfully.

Bgamer90

Banned
I turned the system completely off yesterday and turned it back on and now the yes/no commands for turning the system off are working again.

One other thing I've noticed is that the xbox logo light on the system and kinect aren't dimming in low room light like they used too. Not a big deal though.

theytookourjobz

I turned the system completely off yesterday and turned it back on and now the yes/no commands for turning the system off are working again.

One other thing I've noticed is that the xbox logo light on the system and kinect aren't dimming in low room light like they used too. Not a big deal though.

How do you turn it off completely again?

How do you turn it off completely again?

Hold the power button for like 7-10 seconds.

in other news, I wonder if this is the reason why my game updates never work. From that list above

An issue has been identified in the current 1404 build (xb_rel_1404.140313-2200) where some consoles with wired connections aren’t taking system, app, or game updates when in standby. Consoles connected via wireless are not affected.

I've never had the standby game updates work for me, and my console happens to be connected via ethernet. So that might explain things...

in other news, I wonder if this is the reason why my game updates never work. From that list above

I've never had the standby game updates work for me, and my console happens to be connected via ethernet. So that might explain things...
Yeah interesting to hear this. Game and app updates updated in standby for me the first month or so after launch, but not since.

I've been connected through Ethernet the whole time. At least it looks like they've isolated the issue and hopefully it will be fixed with this April update.

zedge

This blu ray bug is really getting on my nerves now.. I understand we will encounter bugs, but how in the frack they screwed up the drive working is mind boggling.. Cmon man.

Axoman

This blu ray bug is really getting on my nerves now.. I understand we will encounter bugs, but how in the frack they screwed up the drive working is mind boggling.. Cmon man.

I agree, every time I switch discs, I've got to reboot the xbox.

Just their way to get everyone to go digital! :)

Top Bottom