• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS can use 128GB SDXC cards

I've never understood the 'sell to another person' argument. Who the hell sells their console, but keeps the games? What are you going to play them on?

There a lot of scenarios where this is a valid concern

Subjective and at least I get to play some new games regularly instead of ports. I like Persona but still not worth an entire console for a game I've played.

Steam > PSN so what's your point?

its not subjetive..its cheaper..also the whole "vita games are just ports" is a pretty stupid argument,used by fanboys instead of well informed people,and btw steam? are you serious? thats your argument?

for being a guy who ask alot for "whats your point" yours are pretty poor,uninformative and full of bias

I've never understood the 'sell to another person' argument. Who the hell sells their console, but keeps the games? What are you going to play them on?

I sell my old platforms after a transfer of data is done (sold my OG 3DS after buying the XL).

My Wii will be kept for GC games even though I have a Wii U.

Glass Rebel

I'm considering an upgrade to an 8GB, I tend to get cards when they're uber cheap (got the 4GB one at like $7 and was by Duracell IIRC).

Also, I should expand my Wii U's storage, what's a good cheap option? And don't I have to format it beforehand? Never had to with SD Cards for my 3DS.

With SDs you're moving at such low prices, 8GB seems like a waste of money tbh. I assume you're like me and buy primarily retail? I got this and will never have to worry about storage.

vall03

Man, seeing the recent posts here makes me wonder when I'll need to upgrade my 32GB SD card. After Etrian Odyssey Untold, I think I'm at around 180-190k blocks. Also have most Ambassador games uninstalled but they don't take that much space anyway. But still, I can see myself buying more games in the future.

Sakujou

Banned
wow vita 32gb memory cards cost more than a 128gb sdxc card. what henious shit is this...

also on the other hand... who the hell carries more than 30gb of data with him? mobile games are never that big. unless you carry your whole collection with you, it doesnt make sense to me.

also i dont have any dd versions of any games.

Skelter

Banned
wow vita 32gb memory cards cost more than a 128gb sdxc card. what henious shit is this...

also on the other hand... who the hell carries more than 30gb of data with him? mobile games are never that big. unless you carry your whole collection with you, it doesnt make sense to me.

also i dont have any dd versions of any games.

Resident Evil Revelations - 3.15GB 25,795 Blocks
Shin Megami Tensei IV - 1.81GB 14,798 Blocks
Fire Emblem Awakening- 1.05GB 8,579 Blocks
Pokémon X/Y- 1.7GB 13,962 blocks
Monster Hunter Ultimate - 1.74GB 14,275 Blocks
Donkey Kong Country Returns - 2.16GB 17,668 Blocks

Why not carry more than 30gigs of digital games? If I have the space I don't see the problem.

Sakujou

Banned

Why not carry more than 30gigs of digital games? If I have the space I don't see the problem.

oh wow, didnt know about this!!!

resident evil is that big? holy crap!

Skelter

Banned
oh wow, didnt know about this!!!

resident evil is that big? holy crap!

Yup. 3DS titles are getting larger and larger now! I think Pokémon X/Y is the biggest game from Nintendo so far. Animal Crossing is around 8000 blocks just a little over a gig.

Skelter

Banned
Finally got my SD card! Just in time for Pokémon. Didn't lose my New Leaf data at all either.

MJsYcBm.jpg

So I've just filled up my 32 GB card thanks to Resident Evil Revelations being on sale and need to get a larger one, quick question which brand of SD card is going to be the best to go with for a 128 GB, I have a Transcend Class 10 32 GB at the moment, are the Komputerbay 128 GB good, just worried given their price they may be less than stellar.

Also is the 400X going to be much worse than the 600X, for some reason Amazon won't ship the 600X to Aus but will the 400X

I should get a new card, BDFTS alone is supposed to be 4GB. And I still haven't claimed the 3 free games from Club Nintendo. I think Kid Icarus Uprising goes digital in a couple of days.

I should get a new card, BDFTS alone is supposed to be 4GB. And I still haven't claimed the 3 free games from Club Nintendo. I think Kid Icarus Uprising goes digital in a couple of days.
Finally, what's the hold up with Icarus? As much a I hate the account system, it's the cheapest way for me because I'm in the UK and have a US system. Is Starfox 64 on the store yet?

L~A

I still have quite a lot of space left, but at this rate, looks I'm gonna have to switch for a bigger SD card. Wondering whether I should going for 64GB first, or straight to 128GB. I'm a 100% digital player now, which is why my 32GB card has been filling up like crazy.

Guess I'm going to wait and see how long this 32GB lasts...

@post above mine : yes, Starfox 64 3D has been on the eShop for a while now (at least, in Europe).

Finally, what's the hold up with Icarus? As much a I hate the account system, it's the cheapest way for me because I'm in the UK and have a US system. Is Starfox 64 on the store yet?

SF643D is on the eShop. Japan gets KI:U the day after tomorrow. I don't know if they've announced KI:U for other regions yet.

I still have quite a lot of space left, but at this rate, looks I'm gonna have to switch for a bigger SD card. Wondering whether I should going for 64GB first, or straight to 128GB. I'm a 100% digital player now, which is why my 32GB card has been filling up like crazy.

Guess I'm going to wait and see how long this 32GB lasts...

@post above mine : yes, Starfox 64 3D has been on the eShop for a while now (at least, in Europe).

Might as well go 128 since you're all digital

So I've just filled up my 32 GB card thanks to Resident Evil Revelations being on sale and need to get a larger one, quick question which brand of SD card is going to be the best to go with for a 128 GB, I have a Transcend Class 10 32 GB at the moment, are the Komputerbay 128 GB good, just worried given their price they may be less than stellar.

Also is the 400X going to be much worse than the 600X, for some reason Amazon won't ship the 600X to Aus but will the 400X

So anyone able to help out on this?

pestul

Good God.. some of them are actually larger than Wii U games.

M3d10n

I just got that one as well, hows do I convert it to FAT32, anyone got any good idiot proof instructions, I've had a look online but no idea what the hell I'm doing

If you're using Windows, you'll need to either download a 3rd party tool or use the command line (which will take a very long time):

Code:
format /FS:FAT32 X:
Where "X" is your SD Card drive letter.

I used fat32formatter one, no problems so far.

Platy

Every single demo avaliable on eshop (yes, even for games I own) + + Pokemon + Revelaitons + Bit.Trip Saga + Code of Princes + Colors!3D + Link's Awakening + Donkey Kong 94 (GB) + saves and pics and nintendo video = 153,157 blocks free

32 gb card here

...anyone tryed any of these ?
RhQNTHv.jpg

Thefriend

Banned
Does the 3DS XL work with a specific subset of miscroSD cards? OR pretty much anything you throw in it that's the proper type?

KHlover

Banned
Just ordered a 32GB SD-Card to be able to download ALBW. Club Nintendo Germany offers the chest which is a preorder bonus in the US as a free bonus for the first 1000 people to register their copy of ALBW on Club Nintendo. Buying the game on the eShop at midnight is the fastest way to do it. Sly bastards :D

sörine

Banned
I should get a new card, BDFTS alone is supposed to be 4GB.
After 2 years I'm a bit surprised, and relieved, how few 4 gig games there are on 3DS. So far I think it's just RE Revelations, MGS3D, New Love Plus, E.X.Troopers, Bravely Default FTS, Inazuma Eleven Go 2 and DKCR3D.

Platy

I'm upgrading to fit A Link Between Worlds later this week. Otherwise, the only full retail games on my system are Animal Crossing and Phoenix Wright 5.

LinkBW is only 5,482 Blocks/ 685MB... it is praticaly the size of Phoenix Wright

I have a 16GB Class 6 Sandisk card and it's down to 27k blocks. What would be the best deal for a 64/128GB card for an Australian?

Top Bottom