• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dineren

Banned
Anyone get any funny emails from Patreon? Had one asking to reset my password. EZA is the only thing I use Patreon for, kinda spooked.

I got a reset password email yesterday from Patreon which I ignored. I haven't noticed anything else unusual online so I'm not too worried.

MrMette

Anyone get any funny emails from Patreon? Had one asking to reset my password. EZA is the only thing I use Patreon for, kinda spooked.

I didn't get an email like that (yet?), but apparently something seems up if other people got it as well. I almost never follow links from emails to reset my password as a rule (if possible).
I rather go to the website itself and change it there (I know it is somewhat paranoid, but I have a tendency to be as far as IT stuff goes).

Hopefully it's nothing.

El-Suave

Glad they now have a 300 word max rule for the Q&A submissions. That was absolutely neccessary. Quite frankly I think it's unreasonable and unfair to make them play elaborate and long games on the Q&A that have to be explained twice while others hope they still get their question in. Put those games in for consideration for L&R or FT and hope for the best.
Also not everybody needs to answer every question, if we have eight Allies on there that slows things down sometimes. If a discussion is sparked by all means let it play out, but in general if an Ally doesn't chime in on his own, just move on. The Q&A a really cool perk and format but it needs a bit more "strict" moderation right from the first question.

Karu

Ian-positivty incoming! - his The Surge stream right now is pretty coolcoolcool. Game looks fun, will be a sale-purchase for me, though.

Edit: ah cool about the word limit on the q&a, great change.

Also: After finishing Nier , I started up FF15 for an hour. I have the feeling I will really, really like this game, which would be a huge surprise to me.

Servbot24

Banned
Dear god... I read the comments on the FrameTrap youtube. I just don't understand why people are so mean, ugly and depraved to eachother. I feel so terrible knowing that the Allies may read those comments, or this thread at times. I guess they may be used to it, but this is the first time I looked at it. It makes me really sad and I hope they don't take them to heart.

Ian, you are fantastic. Don't let them get you down. If you feel down on a game, just keep being honest, that's what we love about you is that you're genuine.

This seems to be a big issue right now actually. I've seen a ton of reports from artists on this the last few days.

Reading youtube comments for feedback is the equivalent of a politician going to r/donald for feedback, there are better platforms to go to. Much better off looking at Patreon comments.

Dear god... I read the comments on the FrameTrap youtube. I just don't understand why people are so mean, ugly and depraved to eachother. I feel so terrible knowing that the Allies may read those comments, or this thread at times. I guess they may be used to it, but this is the first time I looked at it. It makes me really sad and I hope they don't take them to heart.

Ian, you are fantastic. Don't let them get you down. If you feel down on a game, just keep being honest, that's what we love about you is that you're genuine.

This seems to be a big issue right now actually. I've seen a ton of reports from artists on this the last few days.

I wonder if all the Allies read the comments or just specific ones for a specific purpose (e.g. Kyle for the podcast).

Because honestly, if they don't have to, just get the YouTube comment blocker extension and call it a day. Especially for Ian, who I think unfortunately gets targetted the most. Plenty of other places to communicate with Allies that are less hateful in nature and it seriously sucks having to wade through a terrible comments section just to get to a few good ones.

Glad they now have a 300 word max rule for the Q&A submissions. That was absolutely neccessary. Quite frankly I think it's unreasonable and unfair to make them play elaborate and long games on the Q&A that have to be explained twice while others hope they still get their question in. Put those games in for consideration for L&R or FT and hope for the best.
Also not everybody needs to answer every question, if we have eight Allies on there that slows things down sometimes. If a discussion is sparked by all means let it play out, but in general if an Ally doesn't chime in on his own, just move on. The Q&A a really cool perk and format but it needs a bit more "strict" moderation right from the first question.
I agree

I sympathize with wanting to fully explain yourself and cover all bases, since you only get your one shot to present your question/story/argument. But most of the time it's people typing essays trying to be funny or whatever

As far as multiple people answering goes, generally it's fine. I think it's only really an issue if it's a long form question, or like "tell a story about ____"

abrack08

I'm excited. Pretty much like Huber, I played the game, didn't dislike it, but never finished it. Have been putting it off for years hoping for a remaster, I'm excited to jump back in, especially now that I have more experience with similar MMO-ish battle systems.

The clip they show at the end was a pretty funny way to close out the video too, thumbs up to whoever came up with that.

Hasney

I'm excited. Pretty much like Huber, I played the game, didn't dislike it, but never finished it. Have been putting it off for years hoping for a remaster, I'm excited to jump back in, especially now that I have more experience with similar MMO-ish battle systems.

The clip they show at the end was a pretty funny way to close out the video too, thumbs up to whoever came up with that.

I finished it, went to finish the Zodiac Job version later on and then my PS3 kept crapping out on it (fan translated patch), so I just cannot wait.

Hasney

I really like Don't Skip. Most times, it's likely only one of them have played it anyway which is why it gets a Don't Skip.

jett

D-Member

No more all caps text?
viera2.png

Not sure if this FF12 port is legit!

Visceir

Played through the IZJS version of FF XII last year. I love the world, story and characters...absolutely hated the license board system. Hated how I found a cool piece of equipment and wasn't able to use it because I didn't have the license for it...or how seemingly the physical units lacked any kind of fun active skills.

Cool preview though, always enjoy those.

Vlodril

wanted to ask about the podcasts. didn't listen to any before so i am not sure if its something on my end or not. the app i have for the phone seemed to miss the latest frame traps its just not there while the latest podcast just went on. any ideas why?

wanted to ask about the podcasts. didn't listen to any before so i am not sure if its something on my end or not. the app i have for the phone seemed to miss the latest frame traps its just not there while the latest podcast just went on. any ideas why?

Are you talking about the Patron RSS feed? The file was too large to upload to Patreon, so you have to get it through the normal Frame Trap feed. The Patreon feed is largely for early access episodes anyways, and Frame Trap doesn't have early access.

Bahorel

It's a shame that news always happens midweek. With more leaks on Assassins Creed, South Park release date, and the Nintendo Direct, well have to wait a week to hear their take on it

I like Ian, but I'm getting more and more bothered by the "I don't know or care what's happening" (direct quote) attitude.

It's becoming hard to find a podcast in which he doesn't state something like "I don't like very many games" and it's starting to sound ungrateful for a person in his position. Like, you can be honest, but still be grateful. It also just feels like he puts on that attitude a little too much, I know he wants us to know he's nonchalant, but it's going too far.

Again, I'm a fan, just wanted to voice something that feels off. I hope that's okay!

You just know someone at SEGA is tuning into the podcast to watch their Yakuza spokesperson extraordinaire Michael P Huber and suddenly inspired to stick loot boxes into Sonic Forces.

dickroach

twitch has fucked me harder than ever. i cant even log in anymore. someone plz help me :\
rickdoach
maybe they banned that name too?

i've subbed and cheered and donated (to other streams im sry eza) and now i can't even log in. wtf.

dickroach

Your channel still seems to exist when putting your name in, so I don't think you've been deleted or owt.

every time i've tried the twitch site has redirected me. i haven't been able to a thing that lets me log in to the thing that i pay for.
twitch is dead.

"You've requested too many password resets today. Please try again in 24hrs or contact support@twitch.tv."

dickroach

meh i figured it out
now my bitching:
EZA is hosting the Mr Rogers stream
there's dozens of amazing streamers on Twitch. they haven't made any relations where they could be hosting a super cool smaller streamer? that's how most channels rise. there's a twitch community outside of each channel's community. seems shitty.

Dude, they can host whoever they want, might as well host a channel that's constantly live.

And also its the AM, dude. You think one of them is gonna be on Twitch and go "I'm gonna host these guys literally almost in the morning."

Vinc

It would be so awesome to reach the 45k Trailer show tier in time for E3. I want to hear their opinions on the best of the deluge of trailers we're about to get!

Hasney

It would be so awesome to reach the 45k Trailer show tier in time for E3. I want to hear their opinions on the best of the deluge of trailers we're about to get!

I'm guessing we'll have that regardless. Lotta hours of streaming to fill. Looootttaaaa hooouuurrrsss.

Vinc

Patreon's been a little weird recently. It's been telling me to fill in my info for US tax purposes since I make more than 10,000 per month on there or something, but I don't even have a Patreon of my own, I just use it for EZA! :p

I'm guessing we'll have that regardless. Lotta hours of streaming to fill. Looootttaaaa hooouuurrrsss.

Yeah good point... still would be cool to have it as a permanent show though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom