• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I broke 4600 arena score today with 3 blues and Roy and with no mages, and Green units were still not a problem despite being so heavy Blue. It was actually Effie that created the most problems because I couldn't hit her from range. Luckily I had my own Effie.

Hopefully scoring changes in April are better than they currently are. In order to get a high score currently you have make a suboptimal team that favors BST above all else.

So for Ninian: Triangle Adept or Fury?

It's going to depend on your team makeup. If you need her to attack then probably triangle adept, if you are using her more defensively and in support of others with the occasional clean up hits then I'd say Fury to make sure she gets to 35+ speed and prevent a lot of double attacks and boost resistance and defense. I did the later because I have other more effective blue attackers that she can set up by baiting herself and escaping to dance on someone.

FeD.nL

It's going to depend on your team makeup. If you need her to attack then probably triangle adept, if you are using her more defensively and in support of others with the occasional clean up hits then I'd say Fury to make sure she gets to 35+ speed and prevent a lot of double attacks and boost resistance and defense. I did the later because I have other more effective blue attackers that she can set up by baiting herself and escaping to dance on someone.

Thanks! Fury it is then, not really gonna use her as an attacker.

Thanks! Fury it is then, not really gonna use her as an attacker.

Cool. Even without triangle adept she can hold her own still if needed. Keep in mind she attacks against Resistance which in many cases is much much lower than defense on many units, Eldigan for instance is 22 res vs 37 defense and he's slow and Ephraim has a similar swing as well. So even at 37-40 atk she will punch above that many times.

When I just started playing I pulled great unit after great unit, getting Lucina and Hector in my first week. All I pull now is freakin Matthew and that fat priest Wrys:( I'm glad this is a fun game, otherwise I would've quit two weeks ago.

Wiseblade

When I just started playing I pulled great unit after great unit, getting Lucina and Hector in my first week. All I pull now is freakin Matthew and that fat priest Wrys:( I'm glad this is a fun game, otherwise I would've quit two weeks ago.
I went through a dry spell too, but now I'm flush, getting a 5* on each of my last 4 5-rolls. It's all swings and roundabouts.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Yeah I broke 4600 arena score today with 3 blues and Roy and with no mages, and Green units were still not a problem despite being so heavy Blue. It was actually Effie that created the most problems because I couldn't hit her from range. Luckily I had my own Effie.

Hopefully scoring changes in April are better than they currently are. In order to get a high score currently you have make a suboptimal team that favors BST above all else.
Is Roy your tank/green mage counter? What do you do with him?

I have a Roy but I still can't think of a reason why I'd take him into arena instead of, say, Lucina.

Vena

Decided to roll my orbs instead of waiting for the next banner and I get Ninian.

Now my problem is having 5* greens...I got more than enough reds and blues now. Julia is my only green.

You've had one of the best greens in the game since launch. :p

Is Roy your tank/green mage counter? What do you do with him?

I have a Roy but I still can't think of a reason why I'd take him into arena instead of, say, Lucina.

Yea. I have a +spd/-res Roy with Fury 2 on him so that gives him a 44/48/36/27/27 stat line and his weapon gives him +2 def/res when he is attacked. Incredibly tanky to everything outside of most blue mages. Shove is a great utility tool to push someone out of harms way or get them into bait range. i put Draconic Aura on him which may not be as good as Moonbow but allows him to hit hard when it goes off. Then I put wings of mercy 3 and threaten speed 2 on him, to give him greater mobility and support when I am just positioning him. May replace threaten speed with threaten attack.

I would probably go with Lucina as well because of Flachion, but Roy is for sure better at taking a hit especially from mages.

.....but I also don't have Lucina.

mercviper

I did my best

Dm7AIw3.png

with -hp I only needed Fury 2 for Desperation activation (both it and 3 take two battles) but went with 3 since I had an extra 4* Jagen. Cleans up pretty well even with suboptimal buffing since you can pick the easy targets first and then desperation gives you all the attack you'll need after.

Mupod

I went through a dry spell too, but now I'm flush, getting a 5* on each of my last 4 5-rolls. It's all swings and roundabouts.

Lyn on first roll but she was -atk so rip
over 200 for Robin on Legendary Heroes
~70 for Merric on Julia banner
60 for Lucina on princess banner
30 on effie banner for nothing
currently 80 on Ninian banner for nothing

and yet I still clear everything and do sort of ok in arena. I guess if my luck ever turned around I wouldn't have anything to bitch about in here.

Whizkid7

I remember spending all my time rerolling in the beginning to start with a 5* and ended up with my favorite, Roy. Then shortly after I scooped up Marth & Lucina, then went through a large dry spell until the end of Ephraim & Eirika's banner where I got Eph & Minerva on the same roll, then Eirika right after the banner ended. Then nothing again until Ninian.

I've had some pretty great luck on this game, but it does swing pretty wildly.

explodet

Probability is a harsh mistress.
I tried a summon simulation tool to see what I'd get, I blew 300 fake orbs until I got a Lucius, then I reset and rolled once to get a Ninian.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Yea. I have a +spd/-res Roy with Fury 2 on him so that gives him a 44/48/36/27/27 stat line and his weapon gives him +2 def/res when he is attacked. Incredibly tanky to everything outside of most blue mages. Shove is a great utility tool to push someone out of harms way or get them into bait range. i put Draconic Aura on him which may not be as good as Moonbow but allows him to hit hard when it goes off. Then I put wings of mercy 3 and threaten speed 2 on him, to give him greater mobility and support when I am just positioning him. May replace threaten speed with threaten attack.

I would probably go with Lucina as well because of Flachion, but Roy is for sure better at taking a hit especially from mages.

Thanks. Lucina is definitely good, but she does leave me with a noticeable weakness against green mages. Lucina can melt them if they get close, but she's not durable enough to use as bait against them. I need someone else to do it, but I'm not sure who.

I also find myself building my offensive arena teams as 3-man teams because I almost never have a good bonus character on the banner. So my bonus character is usually some 4* guy who is useful for maybe one attack every 4ish arena fights and can't be relied on as a part of the team. This week it's Ursula, who is decent but generally doesn't hold a candle to all the 5* level 40 monsters you run into in arena.

Vena

Roy has good stats, his biggest issue was that he had garbage skills. That is no longer a problem.

Thanks. Lucina is definitely good, but she does leave me with a noticeable weakness against green mages. Lucina can melt them if they get close, but she's not durable enough to use as bait against them. I need someone else to do it, but I'm not sure who.

I also find myself building my offensive arena teams as 3-man teams because I almost never have a good bonus character on the banner. So my bonus character is usually some 4* guy who is useful for maybe one attack every 4ish arena fights and can't be relied on as a part of the team. This week it's Ursula, who is decent but generally doesn't hold a candle to all the 5* level 40 monsters you run into in arena.

With skill inheritance and the right IV I think Roy is incredibly durable and strong enough to take out all greens and a lot of reds. I'd take him for a spin through arena just to see how well he works. I got incredibly lucky with +spd though.

fek

Training Michalis and whenever they put him as a bonus arena character, it looks like he will be a lot more useful than the previous free characters that I had to use before.

lt519

Fuuuuuck I just ran into a nasty combination on my last match of a perfect run. They had two red infantries, a Takumi, and a Julia so I was a lock to go perfect.

Baited Takumi out with my Jaffar since he was the one in range (typical, can withstand and kill a Takumi on my turn). So I do that and knock Takumi down to 5HP and they Julia uses fucking Wings of Mercy and teleports into range of my Robin OHKOs him. Devilish tactic to stop people using Robin to bait Takumi.

Guess I'm stuck with a one death run forever. Not in the cards this season.

Cerium

Who should I use with Nino if I don't have Eirika or anyone else with Hone Spd?
It's a matter of buffing her as much as possible with as many different stats as possible. Eirika is the textbook example because she comes built in with an attack and a speed buff, and it's trivial to give her Rally Defense from Oboro or Rally Resistance from Cecilia. That's three of four from one character, which is hard to get.

But technically you just need to surround Nino with characters that can give her those buffs. If one of them is a dancer, all the better.

Pejo

Guys, what do skills like Luna actually do? The text reads: "Resolve combat as if foe suffered Def/Res-50%", but I don't get what they're saying.

Does that mean the unit you're attacking has 50% less def/res after the turn?

Gotchaye

Guys, what do skills like Luna actually do? The text reads: "Resolve combat as if foe suffered Def/Res-50%", but I don't get what they're saying.

The usual damage formula is basically: Dam = bonus*Atk - Def, where bonus is triangle effectiveness or whatever. With Luna, the calculation is done as if Def is half of the character's actual stat: Dam = bonus*Atk - 0.5*Def. It has no effect outside of determining the damage for the single attack on which it activates.

Say you Attack someone with Luna charged that attack will take place as if the enemy had -50% def/-res. So if the enemy unit has 30 def and you have 45 attack that would normally be 15 damage, Luna halves the def/res for that attack and instead will do 30 damage. 30/2=15 45-15=30. It only occurs on that single attack. It's a good special that can overcome a high def/res unit.

Pejo

The usual damage formula is basically: Dam = bonus*Atk - Def, where bonus is triangle effectiveness or whatever. With Luna, the calculation is done as if Def is half of the character's actual stat: Dam = bonus*Atk - 0.5*Def. It has no effect outside of determining the damage for the single attack on which it activates.

Say you Attack someone with Luna charged that attack will take place as if the enemy had -50% def/-res. So if the enemy unit has 30 def and you have 45 attack that would normally be 15 damage, Luna halves the def/res for that attack and instead will do 30 damage. 30/2=15 45-15=30. It only occurs on that single attack. It's a good special that can overcome a high def/res unit.

Very helpful, thanks guys. Seems like a decent special for Ninian. Not a ton of time to build up, and useful for high res enemies.

Last two characters left on field, this shit was almost a fucking blow up when I noticed Nino activated Vantage 3 because earlier I was thinking of letting Nino attacking first.

Thank god Julia came though.

Cerium

Wew back up to 127 orbs. They've been really generous with these lately.

Last two characters left on field, this shit was almost a fucking blow up when I noticed Nino activated Vantage 3 because earlier I was thinking of letting Nino attacking first.

Thank god Julia came though.

I definitely prefer Desperation on Nino for the offensive applications, and Vantage is better saved for Takumi or Hector.

I definitely prefer Desperation on Nino for the offensive applications, and Vantage is better saved for Takumi or Hector.
Yea I wasn't expecting a Nino to be running it to be honest.

I should have just stopped for the night after the last close call but that would have been the smart thing to do.

Yea I think I'm done for the night.

Cerium

I should have just stopped for the night after the last close call but that would have been the smart thing to do.

Yea I think I'm done for the night.

If I'm reading that map correctly, move Sanaki up a space to delete Camilla.

Then move Nowi up two spaces to attack Tharja. If that's not enough to kill her, move Julia two spaces to the left and that should finish her off.

You had the winning hand.

Mupod

wow, cordelia is a monster. Mine's only 4* and this is one of the easiest units I ever had to level. You point her at anything red and it's dead with 40-50 damage of overkill. Most blues too, and green casters while we're at it.

Meanwhile Caeda gets killed by green armor units despite being a red with an armorslayer. Been stuck at 37 for a while now. She's +atk too and still hits like a wet noodle.

Soon I'll have my 4 flyer team to at least start tackling the 15 wins quest. If Camilla doesn't work out I can try leveling Michalis or maybe even promote Narcian to 4. But I don't own a single 5* flyer and I won't have cavalry Blarblade cheese to save me. And of course no ranged units at all will make this rough.

lt519

Whew perfect run at 4448. Ran into a nightmare scenario again on the 7th round. Azura, Cecilia, Lyn, and some random Blue Spear. Split my team to put Robin and Jaffar as far in a corner as possible to stay away from a possible double Cecilia movement. I had really bad starting positions for two people weak to Cecilia that could basically cover the entire map. Nino and Eirika to the other corner and they get charged by Azura, Lyn, and the Blue. Cecilia goes right for Jaffar and Robin in the upper corner. I desperation tank Cecilia with Jaffar (and she has colorless advantage). He survives and his special triggers so I can kill Cecilia. On the bottom I had to desperation tank a double Lyn move (cause of Azura) with Eirika to shield Nino. Barely survive, and then was able to clean up with Nino.

Whew. I've also been baiting and tanking Julia and Takumi with Jaffar. He's actually really really resilient.

That's as high of a score (barring wasting a ton of crests looking for 640 matchups) I'm gonna get until I can pull some better characters.

Cerium

wow, cordelia is a monster. Mine's only 4* and this is one of the easiest units I ever had to level. You point her at anything red and it's dead with 40-50 damage of overkill. Most blues too, and green casters while we're at it.

Meanwhile Caeda gets killed by green armor units despite being a red with an armorslayer. Been stuck at 37 for a while now. She's +atk too and still hits like a wet noodle.

Soon I'll have my 4 flyer team to at least start tackling the 15 wins quest. If Camilla doesn't work out I can try leveling Michalis or maybe even promote Narcian to 4. But I don't own a single 5* flyer and I won't have cavalry Blarblade cheese to save me. And of course no ranged units at all will make this rough.

My 5* Cordelia served me really well since launch, but I found out she was -Atk and then I started building around Nino. Lately I've pondered sacrificing her to Ninian for Triangle Adept 3.

Draxal

My 5* Cordelia served me really well since launch, but I found out she was -Atk and then I started building around Nino. Lately I've pondered sacrificing her to Ninian for Triangle Adept 3.

U'd want to sac a roy for that.

Save the brave lance + for Effie.

Cerium

I got overly worried about Nowi dying.

RIP winning streak.

I think you're confused.

Sanaki with Triangle Adept should be able to OBLITERATE Camilla. You could have moved her up a space next to the Tharja, then destroy Camilla two spaces away. That removes anything resembling a threat to Nowi.

Nowi then has a clear path to Tharja where she'll have the color advantage.

Easy. I mean, am I missing something here?!?

I think you're confused.

Sanaki with Triangle Adept should be able to OBLITERATE Camilla. You could have moved her up a space next to the Tharja, then destroy Camilla two spaces away. That removes anything resembling a threat to Nowi.

Nowi then has a clear path to Tharja where she'll have the color advantage.

Easy. I mean, am I missing something here?!?
Holy shit, I never even thought of having Sanaki do that, I utterly blanked out when my mages couldn't kill Tharja.

lt519

Bummer 4448 was only good for rank 5900. Gonna be a while before I can retool a team to get better than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom