• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kettch

Any idea if that 50% LB fill rate materia is better or worse than Jack's Ignorance?

The fill rate is probably better if you're doing normal attacks, and Ignorance is better if you're not doing damage. Not sure which would be better if you're just using some damage skills though.

Shouta

So, looking at Aranea's BIS equips.

Aranea

Base Attack(Pots): 152(+34)
True Doublehand: 100% Equipment Attack
Spear Mastery: 50% ATK while equipped with Spear
Esper: Bahamut or Odin - 60 Attack

Weapon: Stoss Spear - 140 attack
Head: Ride Helm - 28 attack
Body: Mujinoh/Shadow/Demon Breastplate - 12 attack
Accessory 1: Martial Glove - 40 Attack, 50% TDH
Accessory 2: Martial Glove - 40 Attack, 50% TDH

Ability 1 - Buster Form - 100% TDH
Ability 2 - Pride of the 6 Veritas: Wind - 50% ATK while equipped with Spear, 25% Jump Damage
Ability 3 - Pride of the 6 Veritas: Wind - 50% ATK while equipped with Spear, 25% Jump Damage
Ability 4 - Pride of the 6 Veritas: Wind - 50% ATK while equipped with Spear, 25% Jump Damage

So that should come out to

(186 + (186 * 2)) + (260 + (260 * 3)) + 60 = 1658

From a pure attack perspective, she should match both Cloud and Randi. She'll have a bit of an attack variance due to two-handed weapons having that which only Cloud will have.

The big question is how the Jump damage bonus is calculated. It's way more crazy if it's multiplicative while it's kinda nice if it's only additive. It's very likely additive but if they made it the former, that'd be what would be needed to make a Dragoon like Aranea viable as a damage dealer. An almost 1000% jump at 1650 attack would be disgusting, lol

For reference, most DW users peak around 1100 attack while a DH user can peak in the 1650s~1700. In terms of damage, this translates to 50% more normal attack damage for DH users over DW ones. Two-handed weapons get a 1.0~1.6x damage on top of that so averaging it out to 1.3x, they end up doing 2x~ over a DW user as a result.

Lyrian

Will have to see the price on the bundle. That's probably out of my league.

A rank mission became available and struggling to figure how to make it work. Need to gear up people with at least tier 7 black magic for it. Ugh.

Shouta

Wait, holy fucking shit. This Raid event now has, very rarely, 4*+ tickets and 10% Trust Moogles when you summon with Raid Coins. That's nuts. If I get some 4-star tickets, I may try for Aranea.

Alkez

Wait, holy fucking shit. This Raid event now has, very rarely, 4*+ tickets and 10% Trust Moogles when you summon with Raid Coins. That's nuts. If I get some 4-star tickets, I may try for Aranea.

Yeah someone said about that earlier today. Main reason I've been running the raid today. Even if it's a slim chance it's worth doing. Plus the gear is decent for a new player. And Omni rod is a must get for me.

Kouriozan

I'll skip the bundle as well, been hoarding for several months for OK (35k lapis / 130 tickets) and he is still far away.
Keep thinking everyday about what I want in this game and one OK is all I ask for, after Rikku of course, I don't need anything else since I can do everything and even own Ramza for that "future-proofness"

I am not even tempted to do the guaranted rainbow summon :lol

Xion86

Congrats on that one! That's some luck

I know right! :eek: Tillith x2! Crazy luck which made up for the early unlucky streak this banner. Thanks though :)

was on the road all morning and am just now seeing the update :eek:

holy shit.

Haha! Enjoy all the new content ;). Loving all of it so far.

Just finished up Training the Soul (so glad I maxed out all story units) and I really liked it. It's cool how you get to use characters you might not usually have in your party and equip them with the really good gear you have. Got through them quite easily as I uniquipped everything from my other party members. I did the first two with Nichol, Lasswell, Rain, Jake and Sakura. Unfortunately I sent Fina on an 8hr Expedition, :( so I had to Recall that to bring her back and swap out Nichol for her to clear the last one. All rewards obtained!

Time to re-equip everyone...sigh.

Alkez

Xion congrats on the Tilith! Long overdue.

I am not even tempted to do the guaranted rainbow summon :lol

So I was thinking about this today. I was excited at first but then realised, what do I actually need, or even hope to get from this. I came up with a short list out of 22 5* bases so I'm questioning if it's even worth it, cause the odds are low of getting anything significantly useful.

Haha I too equipped the story units with all my best stuff and it was a pain to re equip everyone. It pretty cool to have an event that you're forced to use them though. Hopefully next time we'll have load outs we can save.

Lyrian

Good stuff!

edit- Is there any point in equipping the units youre sending on expeditions? I cant seem to find a reason to do so.

Low rank - no.
High rank - mandatory.

Still scratching my head on what makes a bonus unit for an exploration.

My "A" tier mission, recommended Black Magic level 7.

Using the bonus system, I ended up with Terra, Exdeath, Kefka, VLC Fina, and Refia.

Wait, what? Healers count? Hell if I know. But, it did. The only non-bonus unit was Kefka, which made an alarming difference in the MAG stat needed to reach the success cap of 12% per unit.

-- Bonus units only needed ~250 MAG to cap out with the "bonus".
-- Kefka, as a maxed out 6*, being a non-bonus unit to this exploration, required over 450 MAG to hit the 12% cap.

So, yeah, stat gear really counts on the high difficulty missions.

tuffymon

Low rank - no.
High rank - mandatory.

Using the bonus system, I ended up with Terra, Exdeath, Kefka, VLC Fina, and Refia.

Wait, what? Healers count? Hell if I know. But, it did. The only non-bonus unit was Kefka, which made an alarming difference in the MAG stat needed to reach the success cap of 12% per unit.

-- Kefka, as a maxed out 6*, being a non-bonus unit to this exploration, required over 450 MAG to hit the 12% cap.

Are we really sure gear matters? I'll test it when I'm home later, but I really think it's the evolution/level. Take a look at my previous picture, I had 4 Kefka's of different levels and rarities. Although there is a "max" based on what rank.

Visceir

Got my first round of expeditioners back, all successes, but they were just D - C rank ones. Now I went for B rank missions, we'll see how those turn out...think the lowest was like 87% chance of success.

Saw also an A rank mission with a large HP pot as a reward, 24h, might be fun to go for it though once the current expedition runs finish up.

Def a really nice addition to the game.

Broseybrose

Low rank - no.
High rank - mandatory.

Sounds very confusing. Very Gumi-like unfortunately.

Lyrian

Are we really sure gear matters? I'll test it when I'm home later, but I really think it's the evolution/level. Take a look at my previous picture, I had 4 Kefka's of different levels and rarities. Although there is a "max" based on what rank.

I have at least one of every unit that can reach 6* (that I actually have, which is ~98% of everyone who isn't a rainbow) at max evolution and max level.

I was able to raise and lower the success rate of units based on their equipped gear. I believe that at the higher exploration ratings, it is not simply enough to be 6* 100. Units also need to be appropriately equipped to reach max success levels. Whereas at lower difficulties, naked bonus units at 6* 100 are good enough for max success by default.

Lyrian

Got my first round of expeditioners back, all successes, but they were just D - C rank ones. Now I went for B rank missions, we'll see how those turn out...think the lowest was like 87% chance of success.

Saw also an A rank mission with a large HP pot as a reward, 24h, might be fun to go for it though once the current expedition runs finish up.

Def a really nice addition to the game.

The missions that are "worth it":

2 B-tier missions yield a holy crystal.
2 B-tier missions yield a mini tough pot.
3 A-tier missions yield a mid tough pot.
4 A-tier missions yield a random giancryst.

Eh....

All S-tier missions yield either a mid burst pot or a 1% moogle.

Note: No other types of stat pots are present in the loot table currently for explorations.

Consuming items adds a 20% boost to the missions success chance.
Beware though, some of the missions have extremely high consumable item costs.

Max Success Chances:

D: 90% [3 units x 30%] + (20% item boost) = guaranteed
C: 80% [4 units x 20%] + (20% item boost) = guaranteed
B: 70% [5 units x 14%] + (20% item boost) = 90% success chance
A: 60% [5 units x 12%] + (20% item boost) = 80% success chance
S: 50% [5 units x 10%] + (20% item boost) = 70% success chance

LucaMac

Got 10 free friend slots on JP. Right now 1100 atk enhanced Eileen as lead who should be best suited for dealing with the machine raid boss. Quote to reveal friend ID.

Added you. Have a 700+ Onion Knight up at the moment. Getting stronger everday. Should be more useful soon. Only a few weeks in.

Added myself to the Japanese section of the GAF playbook. Heres my code if anybody wants it 125,457,529

Lyrian

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet today, but for those that care:

-- Confirmed via Reddit that the patch to preserve magic stacks when countering has been pushed to Global far earlier than it appeared on JP.

-- Datamining, per Nazta, is reporting that all espers have been upgraded to current JP levels of power. Should make those esper kills much easier. Going to have to test that one out. ;)

Kouriozan

They added the best fix :

Code:
Incremental Damage skills fix
(Not losing stack on counter/switching skills etc)

EDIT : too late haha x)

-- Confirmed via Reddit that the patch to preserve magic stacks when countering has been pushed to Global far earlier than it appeared on JP.

-- Datamining, per Nazta, is reporting that all espers have been upgraded to current JP levels of power. Should make those esper kills much easier. Going to have to test that one out. ;)

thank goodness for the esper buff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Syntsui

I don't know how to react to this, it pretty much confirms the Jump mechanic will be busted forever. It should've been fixed even before this update >.>

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
is it out of the question to ask people talking about the other version of the game to make some notation so it's SUPER obvious to new people? I can't imagine that's very welcoming to our new folks. Something as easy as [JP] could help if you were all willing.

Lyrian

I don't know how to react to this, it pretty much confirms the Jump mechanic will be busted forever. It should've been fixed even before this update >.>

It's weird how Gumi is seemingly randomly picking and choosing which fixes are going live on Global.

Where the hell are friend levels? (Probably locked away with WoL somewhere :/)

Alkez

Added you. Have a 700+ Onion Knight up at the moment. Getting stronger everday. Should be more useful soon. Only a few weeks in.

Added myself to the Japanese section of the GAF playbook. Heres my code if anybody wants it 125,457,529

Damn 700 after only a few weeks. Hopefully I can get that kind of power boost lol. I'm hoping the next mog king event has dual wield again as that would be super helpful for me.

I'll send you an invite tomorrow. Currently only have JP on Nox atm. Is it possible to get JP BE on multiple devices? Cause I'm not sure how.

(or just give GL 6* Garnet)

This. Definitely this.

is it out of the question to ask people talking about the other version of the game to make some notation so it's SUPER obvious to new people? I can't imagine that's very welcoming to our new folks. Something as easy as [JP] could help if you were all willing.

I was actually thinking about this lol. Now I'm playing two versions I feel I may need to preface which version I'm talking about.

NomarTyme

Holy crap. I made do a reset for more attack for some esper now!

Lyrian

Quite concerned about the possibility of actual achieving the max weekly prize tier for explorations. Reaching 160 relics will be quite difficult without refreshing. And no one is sure how rare the ancient coins and advance tokens actually are. A random failure on a C or higher difficulty mission may likely seal the deal for the week.

Hrmm...

tuffymon

Quite concerned about the possibility of actual achieving the max weekly prize tier for explorations. Reaching 160 relics will be quite difficult without refreshing. And no one is sure how rare the ancient coins and advance tokens actually are. A random failure on a C or higher difficulty mission may likely seal the deal for the week.

Hrmm...

While I agree we don't have the knowledge just yet, I also wouldn't worry about it for at least a week to see how many of us have done~

LucaMac

Agreed. Will do. Would be quite disheartening to see such things as a newcomer and think it was global.

Damn 700 after only a few weeks. Hopefully I can get that kind of power boost lol. I'm hoping the next mog king event has dual wield again as that would be super helpful for me.

I'll send you an invite tomorrow. Currently only have JP on Nox atm. Is it possible to get JP BE on multiple devices? Cause I'm not sure how.

[JP] I dont know only have it on one device. Playing JP since the 13 of May, so five weeks. Its been kind to me. Shouta helped too of course. Beat the first few trials easily with his units. Downed Gilgemesh today with a 6 man party, need to go back and finish the job for the 30% attack materia. They gave out a 30% attack/20% magic materia with an 11 pull a few events ago. Made a difference. The first few islands give double the lapis of global so Ive done an insane amount of pulls, entirely free to play. Gave out Kains spear in the last raid too.

Ken

Expeditions are ok. I think I'll get super bored of keeping up with them after awhile just cause I've done stuff like it too much (the garrison quest thing in WoW and ventures in FFXIV).

robotuw

You need about 23 relics a day to reach 160 in a week. Seems doable to me. I'll have that many by tonight, and that's not counting the ones I'll run overnight. I really hope they adjust the window to match the arena though. It's going to be really annoying if explorations end a day before everything else.

Hope I pull Tidus while going for Rikku... just jinxed that for sure.

My hope too. I'm thinking of spending some regular tickets before I blow my 4* to increase the chances slightly.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Done with Mog King, got basically everything I wanted(Some 330k worth).

Just going to save a bit now for Cacturs and get them next week... even though I have 7mil worth sitting in my unit box. LOL.

Hope I pull Tidus while going for Rikku... just jinxed that for sure.

Nice! Just pulled Orlandeau on the Aranea banner with a ticket so I have him on both accounts now! Was kinda hoping for Aranea but can't complain at the result at all.

Kouriozan

Now we know why there is a 10+1 ticket banner (source) :

rbeQk6Rl.png

Might just be the free summon of next week and we can use it whenever.

Broseybrose

Just got Rain, Laswell, and Fina's exclusive equips from the trials. Purple Lightning is MINE!

Seriously these are good equips, and they have really great effects when equipped to their respective owners!

Anyone who doesnt have me should add me! Im sharing Noctis, Aileen, and Tillith right now for event...

350 186 594

Added 5 new slots!

edit - GLOBAL only!

bonkeng

3,600 relics for Adventurer V.

Assuming we hit 160 relics per week, at best we'll all get it in 6 months. Still better than Ring of Dominion since this doesn't take a single nrg to complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom