• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Furry-GAF

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
1321607249215vqwx.jpg

Shun <3

Uchip

Banned
you wouldn't do the same if a girl donned a suit with a mask that looks like your avatar?

hell no
masks and body suits are on the same level as clowns for creepiness

If I really cared what people think my life would have taken a much different direction than it has.

Well... now you guys know more about me than some of my closest real life friends.

well at least you're not a bad person like most of the human race as far as i can tell

If I really cared what people think my life would have taken a much different direction than it has.[...]
Well, as long as you know who you are and are happy with yourself, then that's alright, right? Even with that, we all have our faces we show to different people, and there will be things that you don't want the people you care about (on whatever level) to know. If you think that you are fine with how people see the part of yourself that you decide to show, then you're already in a better position than most people.

I wouldn't mind the big guys if they weren't all fat. >_>
I see it more as bulky strength, given their size. So I don't see then the same as, say, Kounosuke.

Torahiko provides the build in the 'big' class anyway, so there's him for you :p

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
What is the most unusual animal you'e seen anthropomorphized?

I'm happy this thread thrives.

Everyone is a badass. And at the same time, we as a species are monsters.

I'm surprised any humans end up remotely functional after being alive for any length of time.

Everything about this world is stacked against any form of real stability. From war, to disease, all the way to famine, systemic rape, poverty, bigotry, religion to religious persecution, nothing in this world is sacred.

We can't even treat one another with a modicum of respect. In huge ways or minor... as this forum shows on too many occasions.

I guess what I'm saying is I love you all and you fucking disgust me.

Yeah... that's about it.

Heh.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan

Not sure about unusual, since insane amounts of art often have characters that are impossible combinations of different things - even mythical creatures.

<------ Obsi's a prime example of that.

But in terms of the animal I've seen the least anthro art of then I'd have to go with a seal, which I only recall seeing once.

An axolotl:

axolotl.jpg

I was just doing a regular image search on photos of this awesome creature when I stumbled upon a comic with an anthropomorphized axolotl. A vore comic. I have never been the same since...

On a side note... I don't classify myself as a furry, but I kinda like what uchip has posted so far.

shaowebb

Some of the art in this thread is actually pretty darn solid, and some of the character designs would propably sell well in games and animation industries. Some obviously have since their fanart, too lol.

I guess I'll throw the closest thing I got in this thread to furry art. Its a working design sketch on the extremely low end of the anthro-side of design. I liked the concept enough that I'm trying to find a way to incorporate this design around a character I'm wanting to make normal animations for in a fighting game I may or may not get to make after I graduate and go into games after this year.

LCs3B.jpg

I'm thinking of throwing just some blue jeans, a studded belt, and sleeveless top of some kind on her for the persona. Her role as a character for my fighter would be the bitchy girl, thats into metal stuff because dumb as a brick catgirls are overdone in fighters IMO. Moveset is similar to Hulk's but with things like curb stomps, rib punting, throwing people after grabbing them by the face. Full on angry girl.

Here's hoping she passes some more pencil tests soon as I can't seem to settle on her outfit. However, I've got some really nice poses set up for her that are pretty much a full body sneer. I'll post more when they're ready if anyone wants. Not sure if this design counts too much though.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Everyone is a badass. And at the same time, we as a species are monsters.

I'm surprised any humans end up remotely functional after being alive for any length of time.

Everything about this world is stacked against any form of real stability. From war, to disease, all the way to famine, systemic rape, poverty, bigotry, religion to religious persecution, nothing in this world is sacred.

We can't even treat one another with a modicum of respect. In huge ways or minor... as this forum shows on too many occasions.

Yeah... that's about it.

Heh.

Um... oh... ok.

I guess... war... war never changes.

ok.

Acerac

Banned
moar Kouya

http://www.abload.de/img/koya_2_0_01uiz3b.jpg[img]
[URL="http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=22467300"][img]http://www.abload.de/img/224673003xyh2.jpg[img][/URL]
[URL="http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=23311257"][img]http://www.abload.de/img/23311257q5bmm.jpg[img][/URL][/QUOTE]

Love all of those last 3 images.

As for Thunder Monkey's mini rant... damn. Much respect.

Prax

I would say bugs and fish (not sharks). They are just hard to make look reasonably human-proportioned. I think they work fine staying as animals (liek Bug's Life, Flounder from little mermaid, etc), but getting more human propotions turns them hideous!

I'd like to see more high quality lizard/dragon anthros.

How dare you! Thanks. >___>

Aah, good stuff!
He's pretty cute.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Well, he has to keep a slim profile to maximise rockstar appeal, it seems :p

On a side note, it can be hard to find good, non-suggestive art for the game.

This one I like. Also, it's kinda strange there seem to be no anime shows in this style at all.

Boss Doggie

Well, that may be expected due to his route being one of the first to be worked on, plus the way he gets when he drinks too much that makes him so endearing.

Need moar Kouya translations!

Also I find it weird that the "Morenatsu" keyword results in more Kouya art than the "Kouya" keyword.

mollipen

See, I think a lot of the art that Uchip has been posting is super-cute, but I almost always find myself saying "...but the character would be far cuter if they weren't furry".

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Mom's trying to force the poor gator to wear pants. Don't mom, he's happier without them!

(I actually find the comic hilarious, mostly because of the dialogue).

Oh, I get the comic. I just didn't get how it related to my comment.

I felt I was missing something.

Acerac

Banned
I love how somebody showed up at the SoCal fighting game tourney in a full out furry suit. Most of the commentators just called him a mascot until one of them blatantly called him out on being a furry. o_o

Boss Doggie

I love how somebody showed up at the SoCal fighting game tourney in a full out furry suit. Most of the commentators just called him a mascot until one of them blatantly called him out on being a furry. o_o

See, internet ruins everything.

Also needs more Morenatsu

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
If it weren't for the ears, Uchip, the first one you post wouldn't even be furry.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
At what?

The nose?

It's barely a cat nose, there are lots of art styles that draw human noses like that.

Her tail can easily be interpreted to be part of her dress. Lose the ears and you'd have Death of the Endless.

Uchip

Banned
At what?

The nose?

It's barely a cat nose, there are lots of art styles that draw human noses like that.

Her tail can easily be interpreted to be part of her dress. Lose the ears and you'd have Death of the Endless.

she has a different mouth, fur, what looks like whiskers
basically you're assuming that it needs to be ugly to be considered 'furry'
its just more minimalistic than what you're used to

Prax

At what?

The nose?

She's also got cheek fur. lol It's just done kind of wrong on the right sideof her face so it look detached from her. A broken/implied line could have helped.
The last one is kinda creepy because of how the face is formed/detailed.
And is it just me, but do catgirls generally look annoying? I think a lot of artists overplay their "kitty-ness" into annoying mannerisms. Not saying the images Uchip posted displays that (mabe the 3rd one a bit), but I get annoyed by stereoptypical kawaii/genki mannerisms.

And only now did I decide to figure out what Morenatsu was.. and turns out to be a gay furry dating sim? >___>
Wow. That's pretty niche!

Also, let me say how disappointed I am there is no awesome anime that I would watch that stars furries. <_< I think good-looking furries are hard to animate though, so I can see why it's not done. Wolf's Rain was probably a nightmare for a lot of the animators. lol

Dead Man

Not a furry, just wandered in here to see what was going on. Keep on keeping on guys, I really like the more realistic looking art, almost were creature type stuff. Some of the male creatures have great expressive faces too, they would be hot if they were human ;)

I want one. I really really want one. But I don't know where I can buy them :(

Where do you live? In many places you can find them through aquarium stores or in the pets for sale in the back of newspapers.

Top Bottom