• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
when are games going to stop coming out i only have so much time

also i decided supermassive should make phantasmagoria 3

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
They kinda did for me. Only upcoming release that is a sure thing for me is tekken 7. And then.... we'll see.

Probs splatoon 2 just to have another thing on the switch.

Asked around and it actually doesn't qualify as an opinion. In fact, it's illegal to call Rocket League overrated in some countries.

GOTY 2015,2016,2017,∞

Any guesses on when the "announcement" will happen? It's gotta be on UPF... Unless it's something Beast related, then maybe a Play-Date?

J_Viper

Seems like summer is gonna be quiet again, aside from Crash in late June. Will be a nice time to play catch up with all these releases

Wait... I just saw that PREY comes out NEXT WEEK!?! I haven't seen anything about this game since E3. I was/am pretty excited, this year is packed of big hitters. I hope PREY is awesome also. I wonder if that game will be review worthy...

Got a survey in the emails today...
32Mi4p2.jpg
Looks like they listened to me constantly bringing up Giant Bomb in their previous surveys.

Hindl

I keep forgetting Prey comes out in like a week but I have a feeling that's gonna turn out good too. And I have to get Puyo Puyo Tetris too

Ashby

Jeff thinks Horizon is the best thing Sony 1st party has done in a decade?? Good lord, do my and that man's taste diverge.

hamchan

Buying Puyo Puyo and Mario Kart on Switch and both seem like games that will last me for the entire generation, so that's good.

Buying Puyo Puyo and Mario Kart on Switch and both seem like games that will last me for the entire generation, so that's good.

Oh crap I forgot to check if my
third
copy of Puyo Puyo Tetris arrived until now and tracking says it's been sitting in my mailbox for the last 5+ hours.

I suppose this is a dumb thing to find endearing but I'm five minutes into the Prey demo and I was weirdly pleased to find it allows you to kill yourself in dumb, dumb ways. At this point I've come to expect invisible walls for stuff like this.

Hjod

Banned
The only real weak spot is
the boat
. It wasn't as good as the house, but I really enjoyed the gauntlet at the end.

I liked
the first house, the Marguerite house didn't really do it for me and it picks up again when you arrive at the mine.
I think RE7 is great but Until Dawn is better, neither game is bad.

I think both Until Dawn and RE7 are mediocre to bad video games. Until Dawn is on rails until the last hour and even then none of your choices really matter outside of very binary live or die states for a few characters. The majority of the cast can't die until the finale and almost nothing you do actually matters. It does a very good job of hiding this fact for the first playthrough but once you replay it you realize how hollow it is.

RE7 abandons the tension of the Baker family after the first area and the AI is worse than Clock Tower 3 or Haunting Ground from almost a decade ago. Which again, doesn't actually matter because they abandon the stalking aspect in order to become a pure first person shooter which would be fine if there was more than one enemy type or any sort of satisfying pop to the action. I was so excited for RE7 and it might be the most disappointed I've been a game other than Lords of Shadow 2. The first hour or so is incredible but the amputation scene, different ways to deal with Jack in the garage, all betray the fact that it becomes an incredibly generic shooter with less variety to the enemies than the 3DS offshoot.

Meneses

I had a dream last night that East's new hire was announced during a This is the Run episode, and it was a massive dude kinda like a club bouncer, but with face tattoos that made him look like a lizard.

He came in during the last Team Battle and "hit" Dan with a folding chair so Vinny could win at the last moment.

Yeah.

I had a dream last night that East's new hire was announced during a This is the Run episode, and it was a massive dude kinda like a club bouncer, but with face tattoos that made him look like a lizard.

He came in during the last Team Battle and "hit" Dan with a folding chair so Vinny could win at the last moment.

Yeah.

sounds like an awesome dream

Hjod

Banned

Yeah.

I'm jelly..

kiguel182

Yeah.

Now I'll be disappointed with the new hire!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom