• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

Syntsui

So many mediocre shit among good shit, I dunno. Still saving for Extreme fest, but I might spend at least one pull on Tactics.

scy

Ah, cool. Squall and Irvine BSBs are on my hit list for that event, I guess if I can grab those without too many pulls on banner 1, that will determine if I have bandwidth left over for banner 2.

Fest banners subject to change and all but there's a chance we see hers there like in JP; if all else fails, the next VIII (tentatively early August) event has her OSB, BSB, SSB, and LMR all on one banner. So you have another good shot at it eventually if you get unlucky here.

Kenai

I hadn't used Hope's BSB2 much before now (usually just summon and then stick to the 100% interrupt command after cause i love me some interrupts if no immunity) but I needed to use the summon AoE move multiple times on Mandragoras cause of the AoE dispel effect and...goddamn that thing hits pretty hard. I guess the multiplier is high? All I need is VoF and one stack of Beatrix BSB's Imperil I have been bringing and it's a clean 9999x4 to all of them.

Kenai

The tactics stuff looks to be mediocre as well, why pull there?

It's not super hype but it's decent. Rafa's BSB is top tier and Mustadio's isn't bad. Banner 2 has all of TGC's gud stuff too, even a new SSB that's really gud for him with his BSB or OSB.

Wow summon dailies make honing the four stars to r5 fairly trivial. I've had valefor at r5 for ages. Pull the trigger on ixion, leviathan, Alexander, fat chocoholic to r5? More tempting than the slog to r5 Bahamut or r 4 Tiamat or ultima or r2-3 titan....

Credo

Deleted and reinstalled and it's still stuck on a black screen like it has been for the past 8 hours or so. iOS 10.3.1 here. How long has the game been down for most people?

My Vaan is level 90+,how come?

It's so weird, all of a sudden I have the MC2. and he's already broken level cap. I remember I unlocked his MC3 weeks ago because I wanted his RM3, but I was stuck on level 65 because I couldn't get his MC2. Now all of a sudden he's 65/80. Occam's Razor says I'm just losing my mind, but yea, idk. ignore me

Pejo

Just a quick update - I force stopped the app in Android app settings and cleared the cache. I was able to log in after doing that.

How bad is A++ Ultros? I did the U+ and A ones. Fran made survival less of an issue with the debuff layer penta break provides.

The A was a bit of a slog. It was quite funny actually. We had two healers and lost one on the first turn because of Counter Firaga and this didn't stop Terra doing nothing but fire attacks and no "..." got the message through. Oh sorry I used Celes BSB because we had no stat boosts or hastega and I assumed you would use Chain Thundaga for a bit, fine we'll just slog it out without +30% ATK/MAG. A thing I read about regarding Celes BSB is since the BSB is en-holy and the Excalibur is +Holy Celes would not do fire damage with her Fire burst command (because the holy element does more). The fight has a really nice end with an Ashe using her OSB and capping out.

U+ had the same fire spam problem (and they decided to use Thunder once I got runic up...thanks) and it was funny to have a Squall who completely ran out of abilities. We also had the 4th member disconnect as soon as the battle started...they had FFXII gear on so contributed little. But having done A first the U+ feels so trivial even if there was a Yshtola who was reluctant to heal :(

Balphon

240 Ultros isn't really any harder than 200, it just takes longer given his 1 million+ HP.

He's also only 50% vulnerable, can't remember if 200 is as well.

How bad is A++ Ultros? I did the U+ and A ones. Fran made survival less of an issue with the debuff layer penta break provides.

The A was a bit of a slog. It was quite funny actually. We had two healers and lost one on the first turn because of Counter Firaga and this didn't stop Terra doing nothing but fire attacks and no "..." got the message through. Oh sorry I used Celes BSB because we had no stat boosts or hastega and I assumed you would use Chain Thundaga for a bit, fine we'll just slog it out without +30% ATK/MAG. A thing I read about regarding Celes BSB is since the BSB is en-holy and the Excalibur is +Holy Celes would not do fire damage with her Fire burst command (because the holy element does more). The fight has a really nice end with an Ashe using her OSB and capping out.

U+ had the same fire spam problem (and they decided to use Thunder once I got runic up...thanks) and it was funny to have a Squall who completely ran out of abilities. We also had the 4th member disconnect as soon as the battle started...they had FFXII gear on so contributed little. But having done A first the U+ feels so trivial even if there was a Yshtola who was reluctant to heal :(

Long battle. Pro tip form two and the last form are the same thing so if you pile on the breaks before the switch to third form the final one is considerably easier.

This banner looks like absolute shit. All junk ssb, a whack ass damage entry medica, a usb id never have a use for.

Doesn't look that bad to me. The USB is basically Vessel of Fate but with a defense boost, the medica is basically Ysh'tola without the Stoneskin, and Rapha BSB gives MAG/RES which is not common so stacks with many other kinds of MAG buffs (including both VoF and Metamorphose

Credo

Are they even acknowledging that the game is unplayable for a lot of people? I see no mention of it on their Twitter. I've uninstalled and reinstalled 5 times and just get a black screen every time. I was looking for a mobile game to drop to free up time, but I wasn't thinking it would be this way.

Syntsui

Are they even acknowledging that the game is unplayable for a lot of people? I see no mention of it on their Twitter. I've uninstalled and reinstalled 5 times and just get a black screen every time. I was looking for a mobile game to drop to free up time, but I wasn't thinking it would be this way.

They will give us free mithril tomorrow, don't worry. Zero problems on NOX until now, didn't play on my phone yet though.

Credo

They will give us free mithril tomorrow, don't worry. Zero problems on NOX until now, didn't play on my phone yet though.

The strange thing is that I still get notifications. I just got the one advertising the new event. But the game itself is just a neverending black screen.

Rubenov

Doesn't look that bad to me. The USB is basically Vessel of Fate but with a defense boost, the medica is basically Ysh'tola without the Stoneskin, and Rapha BSB gives MAG/RES which is not common so stacks with many other kinds of MAG buffs (including both VoF and Metamorphose

Rapha's CMD 1 and CMD 2 do more damage than Raines' by themselves... but of course Raines surpasses in DPS due to insta-cast on CMD 1. You trade the instant cast for a Heal to ally with Rapha's CMD 1.

Also, I do prefer Rapha's boost to RES as opposed to DEF (in the case of Raines' one). MAG boost is the same for both.

Edit: Also Rapha has no access to Wrath, unlike Raines :( But on the plus side, she can use white magic 4 and can Dance 4 as well!

Rapha's CMD 1 and CMD 2 do more damage than Raines' by themselves... but of course Raines surpasses in DPS due to insta-cast on CMD 1. You trade the instant cast for a Heal to ally with Rapha's CMD 1.

Also, I do prefer Rapha's boost to RES as opposed to DEF (in the case of Raines' one). MAG boost is the same for both.

Edit: Also Rapha has no access to Wrath, unlike Raines :( But on the plus side, she can use white magic 4 and can Dance 4 as well!

It's not a Rapha vs Raines competition though, because you can use both for a double stack of +MAG

Syntsui

Rapha, Raines, OK, Healer + Support + OSB RW.

gg anything that doesn't resist magic.

With this in mind, we have several units that trivializes the game already, Rapha is just another one. Nothing matters in this game until Cloud USB is released and that works just fine as a RW so we don't even need to pull it lol.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I have just stuck to the same 10 characters or so, so I haven't checked - are there any good RM2/3 that have come out recently that are worth grinding/egging for? I hope I'm not missing a third Mako Might or a fourth SB builder RM.

Balphon

Went 3/11 with bursts for Delita and Ovelia.

No Rapha but it gives me a medica in every realm (even XI if you count Prishe) and Delita's synergizes well with the Eiko BSB I already have.

Ovelia's burst is pretty good. It's basically Y'shtola's with worse entry but better sustain.

Anustart

Went 3/11 with bursts for Delita and Ovelia.

No Rapha but it gives me a medica in every realm (even XI if you count Prishe) and Delita's synergizes well with the Eiko BSB I already have.

Ovelia's burst is pretty good. It's basically Y'shtola's with worse entry but better sustain.

Wouldn't it be worse entry, exact same sustain?

scy

1/11 - Delita SSB.
Dang.

Time to debate if I pull here or banner 2 or nothing at all. All of two FFT relics makes it nice to try and get something here.

It took deleting and re downloading 8 times until it didn't give me the black screen of death.

So now I can start on the new event, still frustrated that i lost an entire day of game...

ultra7k

Did one 11 pull yesterday and ended up with Ramza USB and Grand Armor (dupe). USB is the one I really wanted so I lucked out!

Now to hoard mythril again.

Top Bottom