• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sandy Wexler, starring Adam Sandler. Now on Netflix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on, Adam Sandler hasn't had a good film since Chris Farley was alive. Same with spade.

Edit: ToTP eh: Netflix you should have put money into something better, like literally flushing money down the toilet.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Wow, is this the first time Jay Leno and Conan have been in the same thing since the whole Tonight Show thing? lol

Come on, Adam Sandler hasn't had a good film since Chris Farley was alive. Same with spade.

Edit: ToTP eh: Netflix you should have put money into something better, like literally flushing money down the toilet.

These movies do great business for Netflix, which in turn allow them to create a ton of other content. People should be happy they exist.

If Sandler does a stupid voice you're gonna have a bad time. It's like a criminal's calling card.

I'd say the only decent movie where he does a stupid voice is the Waterboy. But maybe it's just nostalgia.
And my obsession with Fairuza Balk at the time.

Soltype

aWaB96al.jpg

Yep, that's so you can tell it's '94.

No way man, Joe Dirt was pretty good.

I think it was here, in another Sandler thread, that this revelation was pointed out.

Sandler was never funny, we all just grew up.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I haven't seen it, i'll check it out.
Funny enough, it's the only movie I've seen that used a video game in a meaningful way and not just in a "this character is a nerd who plays games" way.

(Of course, he would go on to make PIxels... lol)

Funny enough, it's the only movie I've seen that used a video game in a meaningful way and not just in a "this character is a nerd who plays games" way.

(Of course, he would go on to make PIxels... lol)
Yeah, the metaphor for the game and what he was going through in his life was really great

Carl

I watched the Cobbler film a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it. I actually quite like Adam Sandler's films. And wot

tomtom94

These movies do great business for Netflix, which in turn allow them to create a ton of other content. People should be happy they exist.

Eh, I'm a huge mark for Netflix, and I agree with this to an extent, but I can't help but feel they could give the money to somebody who could do gangbusters and make decent movies at the same time.

I'm pleased to see this one getting alright reviews which makes it all the more disappointing that presumably no-one will check it out and Sandler will presumably follow it up with Ridiculous 6 2.

ThisGuy

Trailer looked good to me. I was cool with his voice in the waterboy, which I loved for what it was.

I'll probably watch this.

entremet

Why are people still surprised about the Netflix deal?

Netflix has way more data and analytics on their viewer habits than any of you goobers.

And they're still the most watched things on the platform. Netflix knows what they're doing.

That's alright. We still get excellent artsy stuff too. It's like gourmands complaining why fast food exists.

Netflix's Chief Content Officer Ted Sarandos revealed that Sandler's western-comedy film "The Ridiculous 6," which was released on Netflix in December, is the most-watched movie opening in the company's history. Netflix did not reveal how many subscribers watched "The Ridiculous 6."

I think that says a lot about the lack of conventional studio comedies on Netflix.

louiedog

I think that says a lot about the lack of conventional studio comedies on Netflix.

Shit. I put it on for testing while messing with my newly setup TV because it was the first thing that popped up with the HDR tag. Sorry, everyone.

I feel like that scene from The Critic

"If you stop going to see bad movies, they will STOP MAKING THEM"

I wonder how much of Adam Sandler's audience is just people tuning in to watch the shitshow.

I couldn't make it a minute into the trailer. I'm sure Sandler is a decent enough guy but every time I hear one of those stupid fucking voices, I can feel my hand ball up into a tight fist.

He really should have quit after Eight Crazy Nights.

jb1234

I'm of the camp that believes no comedy should be longer than ninety minutes much less 130. That's a long time sitting there not laughing.

Netflix actually said today that since their first original Adam Sandler movie was released on the service, people have watched more than 500M hours of Adam Sandler's movies on Netflix.
That's more than 5h for user.

ArjanN

Why are people still surprised about the Netflix deal?

Netflix has way more data and analytics on their viewer habits than any of you goobers.

And they're still the most watched things on the platform. Netflix knows what they're doing.

That's alright. We still get excellent artsy stuff too. It's like gourmands complaining why fast food exists.

Nah, Adam Sandler's A game was fast food, his output's been straight garbage for at least like a decade now.

tomtom94

Netflix actually said today that since their first original Adam Sandler movie was released on the service, people have watched more than 500M hours of Adam Sandler's movies on Netflix.
That's more than 5h for user.

Wait, all Adam Sandler's movies or just the original ones? I mean either is crazy, but...

Fisty

When was his last good one? Waterboy? I won't even count Punch Drunk Love, that wasn't his.

If any of those people that watched Ridiculous 6 for more than the first 6 minutes, they are braver and stronger than I

highrider

Banned
The only thing that has me remotely interested in watching it is Jennifer Hudson and her singing in the film. And even then that's not enough.

Kinda bums me out that she's not getting better films than this. She's amazing to me. I'm not even that down on Sandler, but his latest output has been trash.

studyguy

"Why does this movie exist" is the basic question I have after watching this film.

It's so incredibly bland. It's like it only exists to prove that Sandler apparently has an incredibly deep ass pocket of friends in the movie business. I'm convinced this is osme kind of meta commentary on his career as Wexler sucks at his job but he somehow fails upwards in life.

Rekwest

I watched the trailer earlier this week, as soon as he opened his mouth and that stupid ass voice came out, what the fuck. Didn't anyone tell him how stupid he sounds? Or I'm guessing that he knows exactly how stupid he sound and he just doesn't give a fuck anymore.
That is why i saw the Dub versión.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Hey, if there are enough people to elect Trump there are enough people to make Adam Sandler movies profitable for Netflix.

I've watched a few of them but just don't get it. What is the best Sandler movie for people who don't get it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom