• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Plus May 2017 ( Tales from the Borderlands and ABZU)

Kinda weird that they do different games for US/EU again.
Especially as both are Sony games and licensing should not matter (music in Abzu?).

On top of that, it feels like the two games should be switched for those particular markets. I could see how Abzu would be more favorably received in Europe. On the other hand maybe too many people already own it?

I already have both Abzu and Alienation so I don't care anyway :p
(Abzu is the more unique game by far, haven't played much Alienation actually :/ liked Dead Nation more...)

PepperedHam

Really bummed out that Americans aren't getting Alienation. I've been hoping for that on Plus for awhile. Though it is the one I'd be more willing to purchase between Abzu and Alienation so I guess I'll be getting something I wouldn't typically spend money on.

Still bummed.

Saw Alienation and was hyped. Then saw it was for Euro only. :(

Bought Tales when it was $5 which I don't regret but it sucks they decided to split up the choices this time. Hope it is not a new trend.

Need to get Playstation plus my subscription expired but looking for a good deal on it..any recommendations or should I just cough up the cash and get it from cdkeys

AudioEppa

I just realized what game Type:Rider was. I remember looking at it a couple months ago and I thought it looked kind of cool. I basically said I wait for it to be on plus. Well well.

Tales from the Borderlands runs like absolute garbage on the PS4 :(

Pokvoq9.png

Tales ran fine for my wife and I on our playthroughs on PS4.

It's also the best Telltale game. Come at me.

No one needs to come at you. Right now Tales sits in the Throne of Telltale excellence alongside Walking Dead S1, Wolf Among Us and Sam and Max S3. Either game is the best Telltale has to offer.

Time to see what ABZU is all about.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Here to say that anyone should play TftB, even if you don't know the first thing about that franchise (I sure didn't). This recent piece says it pretty well: it's Telltale's best game, for me by a pretty large margin. Was part of my 52 games in 1 year challenge last year and it's one of the only games I gave a 10 to. From my impressions:
After finishing this game I was ecstatic and over the moon. It'd been a really long time since a videogame story and its characters did this much for me, but Tales is really on another level. It's so rare that a genuinely funny game comes along. It combines this with great writing and directing, which is just icing on the cake.Since the game is lighthearted in tone, the writers also poke fun at Telltale's own series clichés, like the choices. So if you were critical of their games before, you should try this at well.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Tales from the Borderlands runs like absolute garbage on the PS4 :(

This statement is totally false.

Tales from Borderlands runs great on PS4, maybe TTGs best performing console game.

Damn, Tales from the Borderlands just proves how characters, lore and storytelling are way more important than gameplay. What an amazing game from Telltale.

Agent X

I just completed Abzu a few minutes ago. It's a nice, relaxing game, with some truly beautiful sights and sounds. I'm glad that I gave it a try; it was definitely worth playing.

The May 2017 lineup was one of the better ones in recent months. For those of you who have PS+ and haven't added the games to your library yet, don't forget that you've only got two days left to do so.

HotHamBoy

Saw Alienation and was hyped. Then saw it was for Euro only. :(

Bought Tales when it was $5 which I don't regret but it sucks they decided to split up the choices this time. Hope it is not a new trend.

I thought PS Plus was in sync across Western regions now?

Damn, Tales from the Borderlands just proves how characters, lore and storytelling are way more important than gameplay. What an amazing game from Telltale.

Just read a book.

Top Bottom