• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is your Switch travel case solution (if any)?

mandiller

ZZMitch

I've just been putting my Switch (without Joycons) in my old DS Club Nintendo pouch and storing the joy cons somewhere else separately. Works well enough!

This is what i'm using for now while every fucking case is sold out. I should have ordered the Zelda special edition for that sweet case :(

I'm glad I got it cause it's a great case but I don't like the design of it so I'm trying to find one in black that is basically the same case. I bought one that got shipped from china and it's super thin and I'm paranoid about putting the joycon grips and charging cable in there with the switch because of how tight it is. It also smells pretty terrible lol

I guess I'll just wait until more cases are back in stock

I just bought the Butterfox updated case. Won't be here until Monday. For some reason I decided on the red/black. It may be the only updated color available but I'm not positive. It's the only one I saw. May regret not just getting the all black later but oh well.

Iced

Bought the RDS case from Nintendo's Canada store. When my Switch is inside, I can feel it moving when I shake the case back and forth. Isn't it supposed to be snug?

Also the zipper is crooked when it's all zipped up. Looks kinda stupid. Is anyone's like this?

AUMHVuC.jpg

I paid $38 CAD for it because I read everyone raving about it. Is mine just defective? I tried looking for an email address to contact Nintendo about this, but their page basically just says to mail it in (presumably at my expense): http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/15576

Marvie_3

Banned
Bought the RDS case from Nintendo's Canada store. When my Switch is inside, I can feel it moving when I shake the case back and forth. Isn't it supposed to be snug?

Also the zipper is crooked when it's all zipped up. Looks kinda stupid. Is anyone's like this?

I paid $38 CAD for it because I read everyone raving about it. Is mine just defective? I tried looking for an email address to contact Nintendo about this, but their page basically just says to mail it in (presumably at my expense): http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/15576
My Switch doesnt slide around in mine but my zipper is crooked like that. I never even noticed until you posted the pic of yours. :lol

Huh it does slide side to side once you mention it. And my zipper are not crooked.

RowdyReverb

So, I have the Hori Tough Pouch and I don't think it does enough to keep buttons from being pressed. My once fully charged Switch was dead when I pulled it out of my bag 12 hours later. All I can think is that buttons were being pressed while it was in the case in my bag
I just pulled the joycons out of my Keten case with 0% battery after only using them a couple hours since I charged them a few days ago.

I suspect their buttons (or stick clicks?) might be getting mashed in there and running them down.
Basically the same thing

LiK

Mine looks nothing like that and is quite snug esp with the middle soft pouch holding it down. You might want to get an exchange. Someone fucked up that during manufacturing.

Has anyone recieved their butterfox case?

Im thinking they sent me a counterfeit one. Since it doesnt have a logo on top, came with an extra piece of velcro and the carrying handle isnt centered.

Been watching for stock of rds case on target.com so i can exchange mine (crooked internal area makes device sit uneven), but all of a sudden the black version isn't even on the site any more.

Lgndryhr

Been watching for stock of rds case on target.com so i can exchange mine (crooked internal area makes device sit uneven), but all of a sudden the black version isn't even on the site any more.

Use this to track store inventory. Unsure why it is not listed on their website anymore.

http://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker/?sku=207-00-0628

Also, noticed price went up from 19.99 to 24.99 on amazon (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MY9JB2U/?tag=neogaf0e-20)

As well as the price of the larger RDS case went up to 39.99 from 29.99 at Target. Maybe changes coming.

TheExodu5

Banned
Using the Surge case. Fits the Switch snugly (and has straps for it for more security if desired). Fits an extra set of joycons and a portable battery pack as well. Really happy with it.

Only costs $20 CAD.

5hYf0kf.jpg

Iced

Update on this. Called Nintendo and because they don't have any currently in stock for an exchange, they are going to issue me a refund upon receipt of the defective case. They are also going to be providing me with a shipping label so that I don't have to pay for shipping. Very satisfied!

Using the Surge case. Fits the Switch snugly (and has straps for it for more security if desired). Fits an extra set of joycons and a portable battery pack as well. Really happy with it.

Only costs $20 CAD.

5hYf0kf.jpg

Is the case bulky? It looks like it would suit my needs!

Edit: Also is this just a rebranding of the Surge case? https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B06XGGPZPY/

jts

...hate me...
Slumming it while I can't get the Nintendo official case back in stock, was browsing a store at random and found this suspiciously familiar dimensions travel wallet. Had a go at it for 10€ (if it didn't fit I would return it) and voilá:

6oYvCC6l.jpg
DloZgu0l.jpg
aGAHKbZl.jpg

Amazing coincidence. Also funny that the alternate colors for this black one were blue and pink.

Will do until I get the Nintendo official case. Don't want a hard shell case, just soft protection to chuck into a backpack. Can even toss there a few games and headphones.

PS: don't mind my screen protector either. I'll get a new one and improve on the install some day. Maybe.

My RDS case arrived today, it smells horrible and the tray seems a little uneven. I ordered it from the US too so returning it will be slow/a hassle.

Any ideas?

Iced

Got an Orzly case yesterday. It's uhhhh....it's okay, but holy shit is there a lot of travel room for the Switch, so much so that I'm not comfortable keeping it. Requested a return on Amazon and was given a full refund without need to return this morning, so that's a plus!

I just want a case that provides good protection and fits the Switch snuggly (would prefer something slim as well since I'm really only going to store the Switch in it and nothing else). So far I've tried an RDS case (although I believe the one I received was defective; I posted about it in this thread) and the Orzly case and neither fit the bill. Butterfox next?

abbyabs

Heres my Deluxe travel case official ”Zelda" by bigben if your in Europe or RDS industries for the US, I'm very happy with the case and it was only £22!

IMG_20170329_153215047.jpg

Pouch has room for joy con attachments & ear bud.

IMG_20170329_154252645.jpg

Under where the switch sits it has 2 cases that can hold 4 games or 3 games and 2 memory cards.

IMG_20170329_154434457.jpg

Heres my Deluxe travel case official ”Zelda" by bigben if your in Europe or RDS industries for the US, I'm very happy with the case and it was only £22!

I didn't even think about looking on the continent Amazon. Been after the standard black one and Shopto have been sold out for a while and it's only about a quid more. (edit- and a quid cheaper on German Amazon!) Cheers

abbyabs

I didn't even think about looking on the continent Amazon. Been after the standard black one and Shopto have been sold out for a while and it's only about a quid more. (edit- and a quid cheaper on German Amazon!) Cheers

I wanted the black one but had to wait a month for it, check out coolshop thats where i got mine from.

RAWRferal

Just popping my head in here to say anyone considering the Hori tough pouch I can heartily recommend it!

It's durable and has a premium feel, all without being too bulky. The switch fits perfectly inside without any room for it to move around when closed. The inside is also lined with a soft material and the padded flap/cart holder gives extra peace of mind for the screen. Feels like I can definitely drop this thing and the console would be totally fine.

After 3 weeks with it I have no complaints.

chunk3rvd

Who did you order from on Amazon.de? The seller for €18 looks sketchy as fuck. New seller and selling loads of stuff that looks too cheap to be true :/
I wanted the black one but had to wait a month for it, check out coolshop thats where i got mine from.
I see the case is about £16. How much was shipping?

Iced

Only costs $20 CAD.

5hYf0kf.jpg

I bought a Surge case today from Best Buy. It's easily the best case I've tried for my needs and the Switch fits snugly (moreso than the Orzly and RDS cases). It's pretty crooked/twisted, though. Does yours look like this?

Image doesn't really do it justice. Most prominent when it's zipped up. I'm a bit exhausted with buying carrying cases so I might just leave it alone, but Best Buy did have a whole bunch in stock so I could probably exchange it next time I'm there. I don't want any buttons to get pressed when the Switch is in the case and the way the case is warped it seems like that might happen.

Tajaz2426

Psychology PhD from Wikipedia University
I don't use any cover for it, I just slap it in the console and when my wife goes and does here Post Office inspection in her district (which is 3 states) I play it. Being retired sucks, but I get some time to game more when I don't have VA appointments.

Some of the cases look great on here.

F31 Leopard

Realdesign Lifeworks bag.

BVcoNSX.jpg

Back pocket for my power bank.
UvepWwt.jpg

Front pocket for charging cables.
wwxglMm.jpg

Front middle pocket for Switch with Power A Hybrid cover, lens cleaning towelettes and microfiber cloth.
aVCtHdq.jpg

Back middle pocket for Joycon/Grip/Straps and Hori Gamecase. There is still enough room for the dock, take it on occasion.
EWIXIVO.jpg

Marow

How is the plastic screen protector that comes with the official carry case? Is it of good quality?

Edit. Whoops, wrong thread. Ignore this, I guess!

Oresama

Can anyone suggest an affordable pouch or sleeve that they've actually used?

I've been eying a few but most have no user reviews.

I own a small messenger bag and I just need a pouch or sleeve to protect it from things swirling inside the pack.

Pack itself has plenty of pockets for battery pack, accessories, game cases, etc so I just need a sleeve/pouch.

ghibli99

Ordered the $16 Findway... looking forward to getting it. I needed something with game storage capabilities (as I do with my 3DS and Vita) without being too bulky, and it looks very similar to the one I have for the Vita, so fingers crossed that it fits the bill. It really just needs to protect it between home and work, or something I can throw in my messenger bag when traveling. Switch spending over the last week has been a bit obscene between the system, pro controller, several physical/digital games, screen protector, memory card, and this. Hopefully that's it for the time being. :)

reposting my other thread post.

I wanna give a shout out to this case.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B06XJ...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Im no fan of thick zipper cases or hard cases i find them unattractive and bulky.
I prefer simple slim sleeves that are the precise handheld measurements.
If you were a fan of the vitas OG sleeve this is exactly that but for the switch.

Its dirt cheap and prime eligible and in 2 color options to match your joycons.

RootCause

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B06XJ...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Im no fan of thick zipper cases or hard cases i find them unattractive and bulky.
If you were a fan of the vitas OG sleeve this is exactly that but for the switch.

Page not found. :(

ghibli99

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XJ6YBLV/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Is that one review accurate in that there is exposed metal (presumably due to the buttons) on the inside?

Top Bottom