• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kamiko (Switch) review thread

Vinnk

Got this game last week from the Japanese eShop. I've beat it with 2 characters and will probably try the 3rd tonight. I really like it. Especially at the price.

TehOh

Bought it from the Japanese eShop when it came out. I really liked Fairune.

Beat it with one character - need to go back and do the other two. It's a really fun little game. Not long at all, but it doesn't need to be. It feels about right. It's a good, fresh little game to play between other games.

MTC100

Banned
Got my Switch today and will be able to download this tomorrow(yes the japanese version is already available but I don't feel like creating a Japanese account just yet) -Hopefully before Amazon ships Zelda which should arrive tomorrow too...

Scoops

Banned
Nintendo World Report - 8/10

If you are looking for a quick game, KAMIKO will absolutely serve will you well. It has all the markings of a great game with entertaining gameplay, sharp visuals and a solid flow. I had fun replaying the four stages and seeing how I could improve over time. That being said, I can easily admit that the game is super short and the levels won't change on future playthroughs. If you have seen the content once, you will know the game inside out. That might a sticking point for some, but the various characters do make it worth your while.

IGN Japan - 8/10

(In Japanese)

Scoops

Banned
Nintendo Life - 9/10

Stunningly stylish and with an irresistibly kinetic sense of motion, Kamiko is a true gem. It's a quick ride, to be sure, but gorgeous pixel-art visuals, a lush soundtrack and three very different characters with plenty of speedrunning potential make it well worth coming back to. A uniquely appealing, action-packed package for less than the price of a prayer plaque, this is an easy recommendation for any Switch owner.

Saw the trailer on my Switch today and thought "wow this looks neat". Then I saw the 4.99 price and told myself I need to have this. Will give it a shot whenever I have time for it.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Game deserves an OT. Heck, Fairune 1 & 2 deserve OTs!

BNGames

Just picked it up, its not too bad for $5

Video (Intro & Stage 1): https://youtu.be/mM0xHJiKNeg

xosi1Pbl.png

Top Bottom