• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 Social-Link/Confidant discussion |OT| Laughing Banana is Makoto's husbando

mdubs

Banned
Now that I've seen Ann's Valentine's Day and youtubed the rest

OG2hHwW.jpg

zelhawks37

Man reading the thread makes me feel like the odd man out. For romances in Persona I went.

P3 Fukka
P4 Naoto (Nobody will top her IMO)
P5 Ann

I'm like the one in few that made these choices right?

Hey, we all have different tastes. :)

I went with....

P3: Aigis (best social link imo)
P4: Rise
P5: Makoto

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
P3: Yukari then got bored and went with Mitsuru
P4: Naoto but regret it
P5: Makoto AND DON'T REGRET IT TRULY BEST GIRL

Sayers

I watched the GB endurance run of P4 but I think if I were to play it myself I would probably go Chie.

For P5, Makoto is hands down the best girl.

Does anyone like Haru? Maybe she just comes in too late but I never had any desire to pursue her social link and she seemed to have very little impact on any of the events. I really like her Phantom Thief design and I used her in battle a lot but story wise, she just seems very vanilla.

Astral

I'm surprised by the lack of Chie. I picked her for my first playthrough but after my 2nd and third I gained a new appreciation for Rise and Yukiko. I never cared for Naoto. In the end it was

P3 - Yukari
P4 - Yukiko
P5 - Makoto

Now if we're talking girls outside the main cast it's

P3 - Chihiro
P4 - Ai
P5 - Tae so far.

StereoVsn

P3 - Yukari (settled after missing out on Mitsuru)
P4 - Yukiko & Rise
P5 - Makoto
Same for P3 and P4. No dating for P3 FMC. So far in P5 (just finished 5th palace) I friend zoned Ann, Tae, Becky. Going to friend zone the reporter when the S.link gets there. Same with Futaba. Just no vibe with anyone except for perhaps Tae but that would be wrong.

I do like Hifumi so far. It's too bad she is not a party member for school events. Might default to Makoto (very much a meh social link) for events till a better option comes a long later....

Ultimadrago

P3 - Aigis (Favorite in Persona 3 as multiple SLs lead you straight to a "Romantic route")
P3P (Female) - N/A (All Friends)
Persona 4 - Chie
Persona 5 - Futaba

Does anyone like Haru? Maybe she just comes in too late but I never had any desire to pursue her social link and she seemed to have very little impact on any of the events. I really like her Phantom Thief design and I used her in battle a lot but story wise, she just seems very vanilla.

I asked this earlier in the thread and there are a few. There's an appeal to her sweetheart nature (and riches, sweet riches)! I also love her pink sweater and El Kabong designs; I could see others feeling the same.

NotLiquid

As someone who was convinced I was going in with either Futaba or Kawakami, Haru convinced me that she is the true OTP.

Haru was just too little too late. All the good waifus are romanced and ready for you while you can maybe see Haru like 3 times after getting her in a first file run going in blind and not having her required stat maxed out for when she is available.

So much so that Atlus had to make rejecting her painful and have her show huge interest in the MC. Kinda felt forced looking back at it.

TheStig88

P4: Yukiko
P5: Haru

Makoto had me until Haru showed up. She's too sweet for her own good,
and living the comfy life running a cute little café as one big happy coffee family sounds lovely.

She definitely needed to be introduced a little earlier though.

kewlmyc

I mean, are you asking for people's favorites or asking which person they actually romanced? Because if it's the latter, then everyone's P3FES or P3 answer should be "harem".

I'm assuming you mean "favorites".

P3: Elizabeth, if that doesn't count, then Fuuka
P4: Yukiko (would have been Kanji if given the choice)
P5: Chihaya or Tae,

Ultimadrago

I mean, are you asking for people's favorites or asking which person they actually romanced? Because if it's the latter, then everyone's P3 answer should be "harem".

That's assuming they maxed multiple female links, but yeah, for that one I specified for a reason since I maxed multiple links while only really caring for one.

In Persona 3 Portable, you can choose a Friendship Route for all of the romance options, so that allows for a single choice (if applicable) while maxing many/all Social Links.

kewlmyc

That's assuming they maxed multiple female links, but yeah, for that one I specified for a reason since I maxed multiple links while only really caring for one.

In Persona 3 Portable, you can choose a Friendship Route for all of the romance options, so that allows for a single choice.

Only in the female route, male route in P3P still has you cheating on everyone since they didn't add any new content to his route.

Hugstable

Banned
P3: Fuuka
P4: Chie
P5: Either Makoto or Futaba, still in 5th palace tho so I can't say for sure yet

Thats's only main party though. I also lovr Chihaya so much and Hifumi seems really great though I'm only on Rank 4 with her

-Horizon-

Sorry Makoto. You and your dumb max charm gating made me go with someone else.

Hello Dr Takemi, my body is ready ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Ultimadrago

Kawakami never did any sex stuff as a maid did she?

Well, there (Temperance Social Link and events leading)
are those extra services she said she'd provide once you were older (before she found you were a student), but of course they're never clarified. I could imagine that the service, as it was accused of, does work in sexual activities from worker-to-worker for extra money.

However, she seemed to be unfazed by the nitty grit in the work itself and more focused on the exhaustive nature of it on top of her other duties. This makes me think that
anything "Extra" may have been a bit tamer like a seedier version of those deep massages or cleaning with less clothes on?

It's not work that'd be smiled upon, but my mind quickly jumped away from traditional prostitution (in her case) due to Kawakami's framing, and not those that simply wanted to insult her. I'm open to hearing more ideas on it.

Astral

Well, there (Temperance Social Link and events leading)
are those extra services she said she'd provide once you were older (before she found you were a student), but of course they're never clarified. I could imagine that the service, as it was accused of, does work in sexual activities from worker-to-worker for extra money.

However, she seemed to be unfazed by the nitty grit in the work itself and more focused on the exhaustive nature of it on top of her other duties. This makes me think that
anything "Extra" may have been a bit tamer like a seedier version of those deep massages or cleaning with less clothes on?

It's not work that'd be smiled upon, but my mind quickly jumped away from traditional prostitution (in her case) due to Kawakami's framing, and not those that simply wanted to insult her. I'm open to hearing more ideas on it.

That was my take of it but then there's that family that shamed her at school because she was a sex worker. I assumed they were just being assholes and exaggerating but she never denied it so I was like "wait what?"

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Hmm...ended up going Makoto, but Haru was hard to turn down, Tae and Becky somewhat less so.

I know it's somewhat general consensus at this point, but the 'it's a secret' aspect to any possible relationship (which often isn't even actually stated, just implied, so when you have the 'lets go find girlsz!1' anime segment, it looks really dumb) needs to go.

I don't think it even needs to be brought up all that often, per se, but even a 'Makoto look at you, annoyed' or 'Haru turns to you and blushes' text comments would have made things feel a little more like your choice had any sort of weight at all.

Granted, it doesn't actually matter in the end because P5 doesn't have any arcana breaks and no real penalty for the harem route, but while I can understand the difficulty of putting it in given the flash-forwards that keep happening, and introducing 'new girls' later on in the story, I hope there's definitely some progression on that front in P6

I never got the impression that Kawakami did sexual favor or she really wouldn't have money problems assuming its much higher than the normal 5k yen you pay, like 10 times higher.

Those old people were just rotten to the core and made extra snide remarks when she tried to rebel against them.

Gotta love how every S link is about rebellion in one shape or another.

Top Bottom