• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Tournament Weekend: Dreamhack Austin [CPT Premier event] [04/28-04/30]

jett

D-Member
WHEN HAS AN AMERICAN EVER BEEN THE BEST PLAYER IN STREET FIGHTER

*James Chen immediately remembers NuckleDu*

Ninjimbo

Both guys were too fast on their inputs lol. Gods.

Punk now has the target on his back and Haitani has provided the ammo. Good luck to all the would be professional players trying to match those robot reflexes.

Ninjimbo

Bonchan is doing tours to promote the game in Japan? Haha. Damn. What's the biggest fighting game in Japan now? Is it still Gundam VS?

Syntsui

The arcade release will probably be worse for Japan's development considering they will get used to a lower input delay.

Tripon

C-sdvYwU0AAQl39.jpg

https://twitter.com/tempusrob/status/858812923749294080

Dahbomb

Man stop with this arcade release non sense excuse.

Let the Japanese play the game like the rest of the god damn world. No preferential treatment with exclusive arcade releases!

If they have to do arcade releases then do it worldwide in most competitive locations.

Numb

SMH.

Come on, don't take away from how good dudes like Du and Punk are.

lol. Japan on top? "USA free lolol"

Americans win: "SFV is a trash game lol"
Right? Japan has the exact same access we do. They haven't turned that corner yet.

Funny how when USA is doing good people want to yell "trash game" lol

Should i have put a Kappa after?
Ofc i was joking

Kashiwaba

Let the Japanese play the game like the rest of the god damn world. No preferential treatment with exclusive arcade releases!

If they have to do arcade releases then do it worldwide in most competitive locations.

Capcom needs to hold some CPT tournaments in Japan so the young talents there can participate so far we are only seeing the veterans.

I really don't get the reaction by some people to provide some means for the Japanese to excel over us. Outside some nerd-centric, japan-o-philic case of Stockholm's Syndrome, of course.

Like, the fuck?

*edit*

Even if Numb is joking, it's something I've seen develop essentially since SFV dropped.

Capcom needs to hold some CPT tournaments in Japan so the young talents there can participate so far we are only seeing the veterans.

What's funny is that after watching a bunch of Japanese streams, a lot of young players are seemingly as good as their older counterparts. You are damn right about more CPT events need to happen there.

Dahbomb

I really don't get the reaction by some people to provide some means for the Japanese to excel over us. Outside some nerd-centric, japan-o-philic case of Stockholm's Syndrome, of course.

Like, the fuck?
People want their DaiGOAT, Mago "2D Gawd" and Tokido Da Murdaface to do well in SFV. Which is understandable and I get they have fans but if they are truly gods of SF then they will adapt and perform well in SFV like the rest of the world.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
That's just an excuse. It wouldn't change anything lol.

It may not change tournament outcome but it would give them more opportunities to play with each other and get better. So many SFIV players didn't pick up the game for that reason. They like their arcade hangouts.

I don't care about region, I care about super high level play. Any region needs something to get better give them it.

NastyBook

AGREED.

N E C A L L I B O Y Z for life, but hold that L, Japan.

MrCarter

Well if it bothers you that much let them know. They respond to constructive feedback on Twitter regarding their commentary. They care about what viewers think.

I'm sure they do but no thanks. I do like thier commentary but I just feel like the waffling goes on forever sometimes, it's just thier style probably.

Top Bottom