• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Decent wireless mouse and keyboard set up for MMO?

Freeman76

Hi guys, looking to play GW2, BDO etc on big screen comfy couch style, but still retain M+K control method.

Wondered if anyone has recommendations please?

Its a bit of a minefield when it comes to the mouse, we have bought a couple over the years that were unresponsive and a bit too lightweight.

Im in the UK.

Many thanks.

Freeman76

Roccat Sova is the best setup out there for couch PC gaming, but it isn't wireless.

Yeah I need it to be wireless I have 2 young kids, a dog and a cat and the sofa is 2 meters from the PC lol.

I understand wireless isnt best for gaming but I dont play competitively, just co op for fun.

Anyone used Steam controller with GW2?

MIght be a better option than wireles KB+M?

I wouldn't recommend any controller for mmo even the steam controller.

Wireless keyboard unfortunately don't have a lot of good options, you're not going to get much in the way of a gaming keyboard you'll probably have to settle for a basic Logitech type.

As for mouse, Razer makes a wireless version of the Naga which is great for MMOs.

SMattera

Yeah I need it to be wireless I have 2 young kids, a dog and a cat and the sofa is 2 meters from the PC lol.

I understand wireless isnt best for gaming but I dont play competitively, just co op for fun.

It uses a break away USB cable like the old wired Xbox controllers in case someone walks through it.

I've tried several other setups and all are lousy. Not because they're not for competitive gaming, but because they're too small and uncomfortable for extended use.

Could look into the Razer Turret.

Sami+

I wouldn't recommend any controller for mmo even the steam controller.

Wireless keyboard unfortunately don't have a lot of good options, you're not going to get much in the way of a gaming keyboard you'll probably have to settle for a basic Logitech type.

As for mouse, Razer makes a wireless version of the Naga which is great for MMOs.

Fwiw I think the PS4 controller is fine w FF XIV but my Naga broke years ago and I didn't get one on Prime Day (regreeettt)

Freeman76

There's a razer lap board for tv called turret. I've read it's quite decent but due to its slimness and small profile it's not perfect. It is a wireless mouse and keyboard combo made for tv. It's a bit too expensive IMO.

I saw this and thought the same thing, great piece of kit but way overpriced.

I bought a set up from amazon, cost around £50 and I am sending it all back due to the input lag being too noticable.

Top Bottom