• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

new heavenly sword pics

108390-7-2.jpg

108390-7-2.jpg

108390-7-2.jpg

108390-7-2.jpg

@_@

Someone is listening to me! ^_^

Mojovonio

Banned
KTallguy said:
Cool, I'm glad that we can start comparing this to Kameo. THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT THIS THREAD NEEDED!

The posters who aren't mature enough to not get all emotional about which game on which platform looks better will be the only ones who react badly to it, and they'll hopefully be dealt with.

The others will look at Kameo, since its one of the only games of this gen (other than N3) to invoke countless enemies at once in an open area.

Wow, I came into this topic, clicked for screens, seen them, said OMG amazing, started reading the answers, and got to the posts of people who were WOWing to the sky when they've seen new Mass Effect media, and consider this game as not looking impressive. So now I don't really want to express my valid opinion, because those people had to come here and bring the BS.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Mojovonio said:
The others will look at Kameo, since its one of the only games of this gen (other than N3) to invoke countless enemies at once in an open area.
...while others of us wonder why that needs to involve spamming the thread with full-size Kameo pics, when we don't even have full-size HS pics in this topic. :p

GreekWolf

This board is starting to wear me down. I've concluded that GAF is made up of 90% viral marketers who take turns building up their brand and then shitting in rival threads, while the other 10% of us are left wondering when it'll be safe again to say that a game looks good without being shot down.

spwolf

Ynos Yrros said:
Wow, I came into this topic, clicked for screens, seen them, said OMG amazing, started reading the answers, and got to the posts of people who were WOWing to the sky when they've seen new Mass Effect media, and consider this game as not looking impressive. So now I don't really want to express my valid opinion, because those people had to come here and bring the BS.

:)

GreekWolf said:
This board is starting to wear me down. I've concluded that GAF is made up of 90% viral marketers who take turns building up their brand and then shitting in rival threads, while the other 10% of us are left wondering when it'll be safe again to say that a game looks good without being shot down.

yeah that Crysis vs MGS4 thread was pretty bad. Page after page of trolling, kind of sad

I wish they'd release some pictures that I don't have to squint to look at. :(

Looks great though, especially the art style used in the enviroments. For some reason, I'm getting some Jade Empire vibes from them, which isn't a bad thing at all as JE had some really amazing enviroments.

What's up with the hair? It looks really weird...

fhj

Is this chick a mulatto?

If you look in the corner of eye, you should get some answers.. But yeah, there is something she is pissed off about.. :D

Agent X

The new screens look fantastic! The environments have a great sense of scale, and the vibrant colors make the graphics stand out more than some of the earlier screens that generally had more subdued coloration.

rezuth

God of War did great on PS2!
- **** yea! Lets just do it on the PS3 before Jaffe *Snickers*
How should we make sure no one notice its a total ripoff?
- *thinks*
*thinks*
- I know! Lets make the character female!

Translation of all hater's posts:

This game looks hot, but if I admit that it looks hot to myself I might have to start entertaining the idea of buying a ps3. So if I just convince myself it looks like crap, I don't have to get a ps3. Yes! Awesome! Game looks like crap! T Total crap! It's working...! ...or not.

Holtz

rezuth said:
God of War did great on PS2!
- **** yea! Lets just do it on the PS3 before Jaffe *Snickers*
How should we make sure no one notice its a total ripoff?
- *thinks*
*thinks*
- I know! Lets make the character female!
Okay, serioulsy, HOW THE **** IS THIS A GOW RIPOFF?! For Christ's sake.

Amir0x said:
oh boy... i think I'm going to need a bigger banning stick

please don't ban me! I am just complaining! and on top of that I just got unbanned today after making "homophobic" comments in the EM PS3 thread :(

M3Freak

Banned
GreekWolf said:

Yeah, it's obvious there are many such people here. For all I know, you're one.

It's getting really bad, and I don't like where NeoGAF is headed.

Note: I'm not a viral marketer. I'm just a gamer. If you need proof, I can provide it.

While the game does look nice, I find the lack of dismembering and disembowelment to be disappointing. Is it too much to ask for a huge sword that actually cuts through enemies during gameplay? She might as well be swinging around a baseball bat.

Surreal

Jamesfrom818 said:
While the game does look nice, I find the lack of dismembering and disembowelment to be disappointing. Is it too much to ask for a huge sword that actually cuts through enemies during gameplay? She might as well be swinging around a baseball bat.

I'm happy they aren't making it violent like that. We'll just say the heavenly sword is blunt. :lol

Mrbob

Doom_Bringer said:
please don't ban me! I am just complaining! and on top of that I just got unbanned today after making "homophobic" comments in the EM PS3 thread :(

Begging for his posting rights, this is how you do it! :lol

Why you always hatin on Heavenly Sword. :D

FightyF

Banned
108390-13-2.jpg

Ok, I've had to skim through this thread as some of it was cringeworthy, so maybe this was already mentioned.

But I LOVE the lighting effect on her flesh. It's apparent in other shots too, some just as much as this one, and some so very subtly, and even in the subtle ones it's that one little touch that makes the screens look so awesome. It's like it's emulating sub-surface scattering...

I was one of the few that appreciated Kung Fu Chaos, so I am looking forward to this and I think it will play well.

muramura said:
holy shit indeed!

btw, where's the 360 defense force?

SHUT. UP. WITH. THE. DEFENSE. FORCE. SHIT.

Amir0x

Banned
Doom_Bringer said:

Don't worry, my sights were not on you today :p

Holtz said:
Okay, serioulsy, HOW THE **** IS THIS A GOW RIPOFF?! For Christ's sake.

I think its the QTE intergration and the fact that her default weapons behave almost exactly the same as Kratos' default weapons. The similarities might end there, but when I saw the original demo it was the first thing that popped into my head.

Emowii

Banned
If the fixed the lighting on the chracter it would look a lot better.

I'm pretty much sold on this game if it plays the way we all hope it will.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
we finally get new heavenly sword shots, and they're tiny. and they're on gamepro. and there are fifteen interstitial ads per shot. i don't know why sony are so stingy with media of their upcoming games -- it's like denis dyack is running their pr department. game's looking really good, anyway.

KTallguy

Banned
drohne said:
we finally get new heavenly sword shots, and they're tiny. and they're on gamepro. and there are fifteen interstitial ads per shot. i don't know why sony are so stingy with media of their upcoming games -- it's like denis dyack is running their pr department. game's looking really good, anyway.

Just go to page 2 of this thread. They're still small but no ads in sight :)

Please, let's see some GAMEPLAY video soon!

Ranger X

Wow this is good looking.

Now i hope they won't crank up the HDR and add much more processing effects 'cause it would ruin it.
I hope the game plays good too!

bigswords

I...I dont understand it's really a good looking game, how is it possible to nick pick on bad textures, unattractive main character etc? Besides from the short clip on heroes, the game looks smooth and fast.

Question to NeoGAF veterans: What is the point of screenshot threads? That is to say, what is acceptable discussion? Can we say what we like and don't like about the visuals presented in the screens? Games obviously look much different in motion and screens don't give us much information about gameplay, good or bad. Are these just opportunities for people to make "I can't wait for this game" statements? Would saying something along the lines of "her face looks almost real but I don't like how her hair looks next to it" be frowned upon/bannable? I understand the difference between critiquing visuals and trolling a game, and criticizing screens of a work-in-progress game is fairly pointless, but is it some sort of violation to do so?

better_hs.jpg

I want a demo, dammit!

itsme

Banned
This is the easily the most anticipated PS3 game for me. Finally, my PS3 will be put to a good use. Nice ass shots, btw. :) :) :)

Top Bottom