• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New The Witcher 3 information from Gamestar

So whatever happened about the perma-death mode they were talking about a couple of months ago? Is it still there or was it ditched? (Not that I care either way.)

Alpende

So whatever happened about the perma-death mode they were talking about a couple of months ago? Is it still there or was it ditched? (Not that I care either way.)

That would be weird. I think it's just a difficulty setting just like hard or very hard is. I don't see a reason why they would remove it.

danthefan

That would be weird. I think it's just a difficulty setting just like hard or very hard is. I don't see a reason why they would remove it.

Yeah, as long as it's optional... I can't see what the point in getting rid of it would be. I certainly wouldn't ever use it but I know people are into that kind of thing.

Daverid

There's currently conflicting information on that, but the most recent news states Perma-Death is a no-go.
Dark is just an even harder Hard.

There's currently conflicting information on that, but the most recent news states Perma-Death is a no-go.
Dark is just an even harder Hard.
Yup, that's what I meant.

The article in this thread explicitly states there is only 4 difficulty modes and doesn't seem to suggest that Dark features perma-death, when a CDPR rep spoke about the game having perma-death as recently as 2 months ago. So they either ditched it or we just don't know for sure yet.

Daverid

This could take awhile, searching for a specific article for The Witcher 3 is an absolute nightmare, there's just so fucking many by this point and The Witcher forums search function is terrible.

Actually it wasn't that bad - http://www.gamepressure.com/e.asp?ID=73

What will characterize the Dark difficulty level? Will it be the same as Hard with the exception of permanent death?
There are 4 difficulty levels. Easy, Normal, Hard, and Dark. There is no permadeath; the Dark level is simply more difficult than Hard.

IIRC Permadeath was learned of Late-Jan/Early-Feb, this article is from March 18. However CDPR has been known to accidentally release conflicting statements before, so I'm not absolutely 100%.

tuxfool

Banned
And in a tweet from Filip Aleth Ženíšek - he is one of the guys who are translating W3 to czech language - from 2.4. has wrote that the team in Poland makes changes and adds new stuff to the game even in this days - "new fancy graphical effects here, comprehensible interface there. The developers of W3 are not slacking off in the last months and are fine-tuning stuff."

Tweet from 19.3 : "The developers of Witcher 3 are adding new stuff to the game even at the last minute, even if it's long ago banned. I said that this project would never end."

I read somewhere that their bug hunting was going quite well, so they felt that they had time to work on adding more features.

Khasim

Some new information from Official Playstation Magazine (courtesy of CDPRed forums user Vigilance.492). Warning, the long spoiler is kinda huge (major detail about the prologue):

- "Game looks gorgeous" on the PS4.

- Whales (As seen in very early screenshots) are still in the game and pop up as you traverse the ocean. Also you can be attacked by Sirens while on your boat (No mention of whether you can fight back from the boat), and there will be tons of other ships around too.

- Diving was a complete "spur of the moment" addition, and never initially planned. Apparently it was added when the game was around 60% feature complete, and ended up being a huge amount of work, but they feel it was worth it due to the extra layer it adds to the world/gameplay.

- It's possible that ice skating will be added in DLC.

- According to the article, Dark difficulty has permadeath.

- Mutagens are obtained from killing large monsters, and offer significant bonuses. The
Griffin in the Prologue
for example gives you a +120% Vitality Mutagen.

- They confirmed that at least one S
uccubus
will appear in the game.

- Apparently there is over 100 pieces of Battle Music in the game

SERIOUS STORY SPOILER (Prologue):

-
Yennefer is found very early in the game, article alludes to it being extremely soon after you defeat the Griffin, which means probably before the end of the Prologue. She is searching for Ciri and is supposedly very on edge about what is hunting her.

Javin98

Banned
Some new information from Official Playstation Magazine (courtesy of CDPRed forums user Vigilance.492). Warning, the long spoiler is kinda huge (major detail about the prologue):

- "Game looks gorgeous" on the PS4.

- Whales (As seen in very early screenshots) are still in the game and pop up as you traverse the ocean. Also you can be attacked by Sirens while on your boat (No mention of whether you can fight back from the boat), and there will be tons of other ships around too.

- Diving was a complete "spur of the moment" addition, and never initially planned. Apparently it was added when the game was around 60% feature complete, and ended up being a huge amount of work, but they feel it was worth it due to the extra layer it adds to the world/gameplay.

- According to the article, Dark difficulty has permadeath.

- Mutagens are obtained from killing large monsters, and offer significant bonuses. The
Griffin in the Prologue
for example gives you a +120% Vitality Mutagen.

- They confirmed that at least one S
uccubus
will appear in the game.

- Apparently there is over 100 pieces of Battle Music in the game

SERIOUS STORY SPOILER (Prologue):

-
Yennefer is found very early in the game, article alludes to it being extremely soon after you defeat the Griffin, which means probably before the end of the Prologue. She is searching for Ciri and is supposedly very on edge about what is hunting her.
I was hoping for more than just "looks gorgeous" from journalists.

Normally I don't like repeating book stuff, but make this happen, CDPR.
lady_of_lake_by_graft22-d8ki2f8.jpg

flight_of_the_swallow_by_art_zealot-d8frfu4.jpg

ciri_by_wojciechfus-d7zka9g.png

IISANDERII

How do you cancel pre-orders on the PSN store?

I can't remember if I've ever pre-ordered in my entire life but I wanted to support this game and its free DLC but now I learn there are expansions and whatever already happening so I wish to cancel.

Top Bottom