• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation Thread 2: Can't take anymore of this!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

snesfreak

Banned
I won't be happy until I've hooked it up to my TV and turned it on for the time.
Until then the upgrade I'm about to do for my desktop will have to hold me over.

DCKing

Nah, I didnt see it. Just indications from places that hardware in the kits has changed or is about to change.
Doubt you could say much, but maybe you're allowed to say what isn't in there? So I guess there's no Intel Celeron, DDR2 memory or an RV770LE in there, right?

As for those rumoured Xbox Next chip production starting: if it's at this point and Nintendo has done a decent job on the Wii U hardware, I don't see the Xbox Next being more than twice as powerful as the Wii U. Given that they both have IBM CPUs and AMD GPUs, they'll probably even be port twins, although games will of course not look quite as good on the Wii U in the long term.

What is this madness? How bout developers stop using a click to run modifier?

It's an ANALOG input, FFS. Most people are *running* all the time in CoD anyway... if you want to move forward slowly, use the damn analog input as... you know... analog input. Such a stupid thing that's carried over.

On PC, with KBM, a running modifier makes sense. On dual-analog, it does not.
Dual-analog control for FPS or TPS doesn't make sense in the first place... it needs to die already

Correct me if I am wrong, but it (i.e. CoD) DOES use analog running... the "Sprint" Click is for an added boost to your run speed. It would be kind of awkward if you start pushing the analog stick completely forward and only sprint for a second or two only to run out of stamina and not realize you have to recenter your analog stick to gain the ability to sprint again.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
if capcom is indeed releasing resi 6 this year hopefully its ready in time for the wiiu launch. I'm really excited to see how developers will utilize the controller. playing resi 6 on my bed on just the upad with some nice headphones will definitely be a refreshing experience.

Gravijah

Cmd. Pishad'aç;34378911 said:
How many times is the Xbox1 more powerfull than PS2 ?

I'm expecting that kind of power difference between Wii U and X720.

the difference will be much much much larger than that.

Cmd. Pishad'aç;34378911 said:
How many times is the Xbox1 more powerfull than PS2 ?

I'm expecting that kind of power difference between Wii U and X720.
Rather irrelevant. The PS2 and XBox used completly different parts and development tools, as well as the PS2 had insane bottlenecks.

Hiltz

I'd be very surprised if RE 6 comes out this year despite RE5 coming out in 2009. If anything, I'd expect a mere teaser trailer.

popeutlal

I believe to the devs - the online services will be more important than the power of the consoles.

The store interface, pricing structure, small dev support, promotion - how will Nintendo compete with MS on these fronts? Xbox Live already exists, Nintendo will need a service to compete against it.

Realistically Nintendo will probably get killed in the power and the service areas. Again.

maeda

One thing has been bothering me for quite awhile. Maybe some knowledgeable people will ease my concerns. Will Wii U be capable of displaying visuals at the level of Zelda demo with decent IQ, namely 720p and decent AA? IQ and horrible texture quality have been by far the worst problems of HD twins. If Wii U can do away with those horrors I will be a happy camper! Everything else is secondary to me.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
One thing has been bothering me for quite awhile. Maybe some knowledgeable people will ease my concerns. Will Wii U be capable of displaying visuals at the level of Zelda demo with decent IQ, namely 720p and decent AA? IQ and horrible texture quality have been by far the worst problems of HD twins. If Wii U can do away with those horrors I will be a happy camper! Everything else is secondary to me.

I don't think the zelda demo had AA but it was at 720 if thats any indication.

Doubt you could say much, but maybe you're allowed to say what isn't in there? So I guess there's no Intel Celeron, DDR2 memory or an RV770LE in there, right?

Haha. Again I wasn't told specs. I know as much as you guys do in that regard.

Considering I could saw wood with those jaggies in that demo and also considering the time they most likely had to create the demo and the hardware at the time, my opinion is that you'll be a happy camper once the final is out.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
the difference will be much much much larger than that.
Perhaps we need to settle how big the difference between ps2 and xbox was in the first place?

Erm, does rv770LE host 32MB of edram? ; )

Perhaps we need to settle how big the difference between ps2 and xbox was in the first place?
Not really a big difference in terms of speed/power, but more in terms of features. The XBox supported pixel shaders, that's what made the biggest noticable difference between the two.

maeda

Considering I could saw wood with those jaggies in that demo and also considering the time they most likely had to create the demo and the hardware at the time, my opinion is that you'll be a happy camper once the final is out.
Thanks, I feel relieved!

Coolwhip

Banned
I know this is a thread for speculating about the WiiU. But why is it focused so much on the processing power. First of all, if it's a bit better than the ps3 that will be a HUGE jump from the Wii, imagine what the SMG team can do on that. But more importantly who cares? If you want the ultimate GRAFFIX you should just stick to ps4 or nextbox, Nintendo wont go there (and they shouldn't imo, the majority of the people wont notice the difference).

Mlatador

Banned
For me it's not the question of how much more powerfull the PS4720 will be compared to Wii U, I'm just curious about how much better-looking Wii U games will be compared to Wii.

I'm not a graphicwhore, because my eyes are already fairly pleased with Wii games, so that's the only thing that interests me. I just hope they will use this power to make games prettier, not photo-realistic, since that's really boring. I want a next gen Wind Waker, not Crisis. Sure, maybe I'm being offerd both, but I just hope that the later won't be the only "hot thing".

I hope I will see games like Metal Slug 9 (all 2d but 100000000000000 beautifully animated pixel on screen) and Muramasa the Demon Blade 2.

For me it's not the question of how much more powerfull the PS4720 will be compared to Wii U, I'm just curious about how much better-looking Wii U games will be compared to Wii.

I'm not a graphicwhore, because my eyes are already fairly pleased with Wii games, so that's the only thing that interests me. I just hope they will use this power to make games prettier, not photo-realistic, since that's really boring. I want a next gen Wind Waker, not Crisis. Sure, maybe I'm being offerd both, but I just hope that the later won't be the only "hot thing".

I hope I will see games like Metal Slug 9 (all 2d but 100000000000000 beautifully animated pixel on screen) and Muramasa the Demon Blade 2.

Biggest difference ever, basically.

guek

Banned
Wii U not powerful enough to handle 360 ports confirmed.

I'm pretty sure they tracked down whoever leaked the original controller design, cut them up into small bits, and sent blood soaked letters to every developer and publisher that's working on the Wii U with a note reading "Please keep refrain from mentioning the Wii U in any capacity before we deem appropriate. Thank you!"

snesfreak

Banned
I'm pretty sure they tracked down whoever leaked the original controller design, cut them up into small bits, and sent blood soaked letters to every developer and publisher that's working on the Wii U with a note reading "Please keep refrain from mentioning the Wii U in any capacity before we deem appropriate. Thank you!"
Nintendo Ninjas do good work.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Not really a big difference in terms of speed/power, but more in terms of features. The XBox supported pixel shaders, that's what made the biggest noticable difference between the two.
I disagree - spec-wise xbox was fairly above ps2 in both features and performance. If it was not for the brain-dead uma implementation it had, it would've been, for all intents and purposes, a semi-generational jump over the ps2, like the wii is. Heck, the closest console to the xbox in performance metrics is wii. So, xbox, with so much more power (on paper), was still considered by everybody as being in the same ballpark as ps2.

Bottomine being, WiiU will be fine where it is.

Caramello

I disagree - spec-wise xbox was fairly above ps2 in both features and performance. If it was not for the brain-dead uma implementation it had, it would've been, for all intents and purposes, a semi-generational jump over the ps2, like the wii is. Heck, the closest console to the xbox in performance metrics is wii. So, xbox, with so much more power (on paper), was still considered by everybody as being in the same ballpark as ps2.

Bottomine being, WiiU will be fine where it is.

Lets just agree the XBOX was 4 times as powerful as the PS2 and move on :p

A.KU.MU

Banned
It's obviously been cancelled for the Wii U.

Not at all. Just found this leaked picture from the Wii U version.
Am I doing it right?

EN43B.jpg

BY2K

Membero Americo

They're getting good.

Not at all. Just found this leaked picture from the Wii U version.
Am I doing it right?

EN43B.jpg

Hey, I'd be alright with a 16-bit Darksiders. :p

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Do you guys realize that if you keep up this pace (yesterday/today) we will be opening our Wii U Speculation Thread 4 late May/early June?!?!? This wait is going to be insane.

I would give up sex for 139 days if I could go to the future and just see Nintendo's 2012 E3 Press Conference. It would be better then waiting 139 days without Wii U info.

Who's with me?

I'm not being serious........ kinda.

snesfreak

Banned
Do you guys realize that if you keep up this pace (yesterday/today) we will be opening our Wii U Speculation Thread 4 late May/early June?!?!? This wait is going to be insane.

I would give up sex for 139 days if I could go to the future and just see Nintendo's 2012 E3 Press Conference. It would be better then waiting 139 days without Wii U info.

Who's with me?

Luckily I have the exciting NFL offseason to help me deal with the wait.
NINERS BITCHES!

Who's with me?

Something tells me you're still a virgin.

Give up on sex over info about Wii U...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom