• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

what jrpg are you playing right now ?

Philia

yYKXyCc.jpg

RIGHT CLICK, SAVE AS. <3

Also glad to see I'm not the only one playing catch up on old FFs.

Saibastian

Neo Member
Shin Megami Tensei: Soul Hackers (New game plus)
Devil Survivor 1
Persona 2: Eternal Punishment.

I'm spending more time with Eternal Punishment though.

Currently playing Xenoblade Chronicles and FFXIII-2

Backlog:
Valkyria Chronicles
Resonance of Fate
Soul Hackers
Atelier Meruru
Dark Souls
Mario & Luigi BIS
Final Fantasy VII
Odin Sphere

I don't think I will ever finish all these RPG's...

LuuKyK

Im currently alternating between Atelier Ayesha (having lots of fun with this game) and Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance (its sucks but Im forcing myself to finish it).

I just started Star Ocean: The Last Hope. It's neat so far. Hopefully it stays good - the reviews weren't so hot.

I hope you have a good time with it, kaaaaaaaaaaaaay?
You will get the joke soon enough

finley83

Banned
Radiant Historia. Picked up a copy from a Play-Asia sale a month back and just getting into it now. Honestly, only the second JRPG I've enjoyed since Chrono Trigger. I love the way the time travel mechanic works, it's the most original story structure I've seen in a while.

BLCKATK

Playing Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together and Tales of Vesperia right now. I'm loving both games, Tactics Ogre has been especially fun because I love the Final Fantasy Tactics Advance games. The differences are there but I like pretty much everything that is different about it. Only thing that has been irking me so far is the crafting but that is barely something to complain about.

coopolon

I am currently playing ffxii izjs. About forty hours in, kind of regretting going for izjs instead of normal NA release. Having to pick your classes before knowing anything about the game sucks,and I am constantly finding things I can't use because none of my classes has the license.fast forward is awesome but I am playing it on PC so I could always just unlock the franerate on the normal version.

Really love the game though.

Also playing dq IV on DS.I don't know, probably the wrong game to start dq with, in chapter five and seriously considering dropping it.

Myriadis

boxshot_uk_largea0lv8.jpg

Valkryie Profile 2

I love the artstyle of this game, the soundtrack, the gameplay with the nice platforming and puzzles. More games should have a Map System that shows you the percentage of Treasures found and Map explored. The main character is a bit too cliché for me and the cutscenes are sometimes a bit too slow, but so far I absolutely love this game. It's also pretty hard.

vagrant_story_pal2hbdh.jpg

I'm at the Forest of Snowflies now. I hate this place. Well, when I bought it I was quite surprised that this game is a pure Dungeon crawler with weapon forging system - I excepted more something like Final Fantasy XII from the same producer. The battle system is really not the greatest, but it is definitely a good game, and one of the best looking ever created for the PS1.

Aeana

I am currently playing ffxii izjs. About forty hours in, kind of regretting going for izjs instead of normal NA release. Having to pick your classes before knowing anything about the game sucks,and I am constantly finding things I can't use because none of my classes has the license.fast forward is awesome but I am playing it on PC so I could always just unlock the franerate on the normal version.

Really love the game though.

The International version really is the way to go, though, because it fixes so many other things in the game. You shouldn't worry too much about finding things you can't use, though, and you get six characters to assign jobs to so you'll be able to come up with a good combination of jobs either way.

Xilium

Recently finished playing through the entire Suikoden series, Soul games, and Dragon's Dogma/Dark Arisen. I'm now playing through Neptunia and Legend of Dragoon (replay).

Backlog:
Neptunia 2 & 3
Atelier Series
Agarest War 2

I'm almost through my backlog so I'm feeling good.

I just started up a new game of Chrono Cross. Seriously one of my favorite jrpgs of all time, bonkers story and all. Also there's nothing quite like that music.

coopolon

The International version really is the way to go, though, because it fixes so many other things in the game. You shouldn't worry too much about finding things you can't use, though, and you get six characters to assign jobs to so you'll be able to come up with a good combination of jobs either way.

I have a red mage, white mage, monk, uhlan, samurai and archer. The problem is I have no way other than items to cast haste and float (wow traps are annoying in this game) and I still haven't gotten the espers to unlock the big black magic nukes yet. Which is fine on trash mobs but it seems like everything miniboss and higher goes immune to physical attacks for at least a third of the battle. It may be just a bad string of luck though.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Xenoblade on Dolphin! Loving it so much!
Gives me a Lord of the Rings vibe, in terms of scope!

Been replaying some of Valkyrie Profile 2 through PCSX2 this week and it's still pretty great. Also, it holds up incredibly well when rendered at 4K:

Thinking about starting up Rogue Galaxy, but the battle system initially seems a bit monotonous.

Looks impressive for a PS2 game!

Does the entire game look that good?

jimi_dini

Played Tales Of Graces f just a few days ago (and platinum'd it).

What's left is Xenoblade (haven't finished it), Last Story (haven't even started it), Pandora's Tower (haven't started that either), Nier (hey, I just don't have that much time lol).

Philia

Played Tales Of Graces f just a few days ago (and platinum'd it).

What's left is Xenoblade (haven't finished it)

I think you would be happy to know that Xenoblade is doable for 100% completion in one run. :) I imagine Tales of Graces (I wouldn't know but knowing Tales...) required more than one playthrough for everything.

Seda

I think you would be happy to know that Xenoblade is doable for 100% completion in one run. :) I imagine Tales of Graces (I wouldn't know but knowing Tales...) required more than one playthrough for everything.

Actually Graces can be platinumed in one playthrough. It's difficult but can be done.

cluderi

If I ever get done with Fire Emblem and EO4 I've got Xenoblade, Radiant Historia and Strange Journey to get through. Then it's onto Trails In The Sky.

2150844-1331924510702.jpg

Bets game on my Vita

Put 120 hours into that over Christmas/NY and I still want to go back in for a NG+ playthrough. Just seeing the boxart makes me smile.

luca1980

Banned
If I ever get done with Fire Emblem and EO4 I've got Xenoblade, Radiant Historia and Strange Journey to get through. Then it's onto Trails In The Sky.
Don't play trails till second chapter is announced Localized or you will suffer really hard

Back it i am waiting for the first between bravely and smt 4 in Europe. It's a while from my last jrpg

Folstern

Dragon's Dogma, sans Dark Arisen. Hopefully my save doesn't get corrupted. I'm probably going to go through Crimson Shroud again though.

Top Bottom