• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game soundtracks on vinyl | Analogue Gen 33fps

rpbtz

So are these completely sold out then or something?

The copies on Discogs are signed ones. The non-signed box is sold out, too, but seeing how popular it was I can imagine they'll do a repress (or suggest people buy the regular 2LPs as the only difference between buying both of them and the box is the box itself).

Dan-o

Yeah, they did a repress of Street Fighter II, but that one was only available as a box set. NG... not sure what they'll do. I thought I read that they'd do a repress. Hell, for folks who want it, they could just sell the empty box individually, since, as rpbtz suggests, there's literally nothing in the box that isn't in the individual sets. That is excluding the 1/100 signed cards, of course.

I don't know if this is frowned upon in this thread but I figured you guys most be most interested; I'm getting ready to move so I'm doing away with my record player/collection.

I'll end making a post in the Buy and Sell thread but as a heads up:
Audio Technica LP120-USB
$30 US in iam8bit gift cards
A number of iam8bit releases

PM me if you are looking for anything in particular and otherwise thanks to you all for geeking out on the hobby with me.

Please don't be limited as Witcher 3, still salty about missing out on that. I'm tired of missing out on music to people who'll just store the record on a collector's shelf.
Ever since you've mentioned this, I've been given the fear that the Dark Souls LPs will in fact be limited. I REALLY fucking hope that's not the case, and since Bandai is eager to pimp the series, we'll see steady and constant supplies....

Gave a listen to the DS3 soundtrack and it is divine as well, though I wish I didn't learn enemy names like so...

BTails

I listened to my copy of Golden Axe again last night. What a great product and a great OST, especially Golden Axe 2, a game which I probably wouldn't have ever thought to listen to the soundtrack by itself prior to the vinyl release.

XD06LH8.jpg

RaidenZR

My Super Castlevania IV split arrived today from Mondo. Played the first disc so far and it felt very surreal. It really transported me... Back in the day I recorded this game's soundtrack on cassette tapes by routing my SNES through my stereo and using the double deck. Fast forward to now, I never could have imagined I'd be sitting around 20+ years later listening to this stuff properly mastered on vinyl.

Crazy how time works, but good times all the same.

Auctopus

I thought there was going to be word "soon" regarding a Witcher repress? Whatever happened to that?

In hindsight, I reckon it was bullshit from Game-Legends. When I emailed asking for a refund (despite ordering 3 days before release date), they said they could issue me a refund or I could wait for the "incoming news" about a repress/standard edition and they'd hold on to my money/order.

reminder that Sonic Mania presales start tomorrow on data discs.

Any confirmation as to whether Mondo will sell it as well? I'd like to save on shipping and don't care about the LE version.

Spwn

reminder that Sonic Mania presales start tomorrow on data discs.

Any confirmation as to whether Mondo will sell it as well? I'd like to save on shipping and don't care about the LE version.

I think Mondo has an official distribution deal with Data Discs. They always carry the non-limited editions.

Dan-o

^ Agreed. No need to pre-order at all, unless you're dead-set on getting the LE.
And I'd be very surprised if suddenly Mondo doesn't offer up the regular versions for order.

Have faith in these generally excellent companies. They're doing it right. :)

I got my Altered Beast LE yesterday. The shipping package was water damaged, but luckily, the sleeve and record look fine.

RaidenZR

But preordering isn't really necessary as the other editions aren't nearly as limited as the LE, is it?

Yeah, that's probably a safe statement. Even if you can't jump on it this weekend, Data Discs usually does timely represses if there's demand, and I think Sonic Mania looks like a promising enough game and soundtrack based on taste tests to suggest it'll have a shelf life. I think Streets of Rage is also about to get its third (or fourth?) run. I've kind of lost track at this point.

Apparently, this was sent to press.

DFQRXGGXkAAElvS.jpg:large

Fuck, I want that album. WTF Nintendo? Don't tease!

wiibomb

Vinyl comes in a beautiful light blue color, a ThinkGeek exclusive

that's for DS1

on DS2: Vinyl comes in a beautiful red color, a ThinkGeek exclusive

on DS3: Vinyl comes in a wispy grey and black color, a ThinkGeek exclusive.

also, only 2 LPs? I saw 4 LPs for DS2 and 3 LPs on DS3 in the image Fire Fades edition sheet

Question for the connoisseurs of this thread: should I buy these or wait for more news on spacelab9? or any other kind of edition?

EDIT: this is how they look:

Think geek is showing Double LPs for each. The previous photo showed 4XLPs for DSII and DSIII.
Is canceling with ThinkGeek easy?

Think geek is showing Double LPs for each. The previous photo showed 4XLPs for DSII and DSIII.
Is canceling with ThinkGeek easy?

No. Yes. No.

They let you cancel outright within a short window, and you can cancel if you talk to a CS rep thereafter. Probably.

Dan-o

Question for the connoisseurs of this thread: should I buy these or wait for more news on spacelab9? or any other kind of edition?
If it's handled like The Witcher 3, spacelab9 will have an extra LP in each set, but WAY less copies on hand.
If you want the DS soundtracks on vinyl, I wouldn't hesitate...
If the SL9 sets ARE significantly different, and you manage to snag them, you can always sell the Thinkgeek copies on discogs (for a reasonable price) to make up the difference.

wiibomb

If it's handled like The Witcher 3, spacelab9 will have an extra LP in each set, but WAY less copies on hand.
If you want the DS soundtracks on vinyl, I wouldn't hesitate...
If the SL9 sets ARE significantly different, and you manage to snag them, you can always sell the Thinkgeek copies on discogs (for a reasonable price) to make up the difference.

my problem is that I only have 1 shot at this, if I buy from thinkgeek, I can only buy those and not the one from SL9, because I have to bring those records all the way to my country.

how fast did the W3 records went out of stock?

my problem is that I only have 1 shot at this, if I buy from thinkgeek, I can only buy those and not the one from SL9, because I have to bring those records all the way to my country.

Faster than it took me to type this post. That's only partial hyperbole.

Dan-o

Oh yeah, that does make it more difficult. Tough call...

Faster than it took me to type this post. That's only partial hyperbole.

On SL9, yes. Instantly. But I thought the Thinkgeek one took a little longer, since it kind of showed up at an unannounced time/date... like these DS ones.

Top Bottom