• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBL: Games with Gold

Ghazi

One thing I hate, just about Xbox in general, but in relation to this, is that you have to have a CC to buy things off the website. So annoying, especially if I'm at work or school and would like to go ahead and add it to my que. I remember when it wasn't like that, and it was great.

Mindlog

Somebody on twitter said that the Xbox canada FB page accidentally posted a page that said the first game of the month was Hitman Absolution. Take it with a grain of salt though.
Hrm.

I know a lot of people really want newer and more popular titles, but meh from me. I wouldn't mind older titles from neglected genres.

Tropico 3 or 4 please.

One thing I hate, just about Xbox in general, but in relation to this, is that you have to have a CC to buy things off the website. So annoying, especially if I'm at work or school and would like to go ahead and add it to my que. I remember when it wasn't like that, and it was great.

Just get one of those visa cards that you can pre-load and reload.

Grisby

So Hitman and Sr2 are some if the rumors?

I'd play Absoultion again and I never finished SR2. Random musing but I still remember the original saints row blowing me away because every time a car exploded you could get hit by the shrapnel.

MCD

X1 doesn't require a visa, strangely.

B3N1

Someone mentioned RDR. For that I'd go back to the 360 for a while.

That mission, where you
first enter Mexico
, one of my best gaming moments.

abracadaver

7gg3pqrs.png

vg260

Yeah, it was bad enough they transitioned from points and are making your banked ones expire. It's really irritating.

G0523

What about how you have to have multiple email addresses in order to log in to Xbox Live? I get this prompt almost every time I sign in to XBL saying that it'll make my account "more secure" but I always say no to this. How can I get rid of this? I literally only have like 2 email addresses and Microsoft already knows both of them!

What about how you have to have multiple email addresses in order to log in to Xbox Live? I get this prompt almost every time I sign in to XBL saying that it'll make my account "more secure" but I always say no to this. How can I get rid of this? I literally only have like 2 email addresses and Microsoft already knows both of them!

Isn't that for the 2-factor authentication stuff? There's been a big push by a lot of other tech companies for that type of thing, since, well, it generally is considered more secure. Though I don't think you have to make a new address, if you already have two of them on your MS account.

I wonder if you can go to http://billing.microsoft.com and set that up through there instead to keep it from nagging you on the Xbox.

Chettlar

Banned

You only need to do it once, and it won't bother you again.

Remove one of your email accounts from your Microsoft account, maybe. Then follow the instructions on the Xbox 360 when they pop up exactly. If you don't want to do that, just make a quick gmail account (super easy. If you create one through youtube, you don't even need to give a phone number). Then just use that one.

Shouldn't bother you again after that.

G0523

Isn't that for the 2-factor authentication stuff? There's been a big push by a lot of other tech companies for that type of thing, since, well, it generally is considered more secure. Though I don't think you have to make a new address, if you already have two of them on your MS account.

I wonder if you can go to http://billing.microsoft.com and set that up through there instead to keep it from nagging you on the Xbox.

You only need to do it once, and it won't bother you again.

Remove one of your email accounts from your Microsoft account, maybe. Then follow the instructions on the Xbox 360 when they pop up exactly. If you don't want to do that, just make a quick gmail account (super easy. If you create one through youtube, you don't even need to give a phone number). Then just use that one.

Shouldn't bother you again after that.

I already have my Microsoft email address on there AND my Gmail address. It still asks me to provide them with yet another email address. And if I can't do that, then I should provide my phone number via text or phone call. I don't want to do that. I just want Microsoft to stop harassing me about it.

Chettlar

Banned
I already have my Microsoft email address on there AND my Gmail address. It still asks me to provide them with yet another email address. And if I can't do that, then I should provide my phone number via text or phone call. I don't want to do that. I just want Microsoft to stop harassing me about it.

Just make a throwaway gmail account to secure your account and never use it again,

G0523

Just make a throwaway gmail account to secure your account and never use it again,

I guess I could do that. The logistics behind it all is just so baffling to me though. You need an account that ISN'T a Microsoft account in order to make your Xbox Live account more secure? Doesn't that sound counter-productive on Microsoft's part?

My save file corrupted right before the final mission on Hitman then I sold my copy.

I might play through it again on easy just to actually finish the game.

I bought the 250 GB Halo 4/Tomb Raider bundle for $250. Inside were two vouchers for one month free of Xbox Live Gold. My two months expires on May 3rd and when it does I will have 4 free games. The first 3 are good games and I don't yet know what the 4th one will be.

I am liking Game with Gold. I can't remember that last PS+ game I actually wanted to play and if I drop PS+, I have nothing to show for my two years of subscribing.

I bought the 250 GB Halo 4/Tomb Raider bundle for $250. Inside were two vouchers for one month free of Xbox Live Gold. My two months expires on May 3rd and when it does I will have 4 free games. The first 3 are good games and I don't yet know what the 4th one will be.

I am liking Game with Gold. I can't remember that last PS+ game I actually wanted to play and if I drop PS+, I have nothing to show for my two years of subscribing.

What are the three games you got from Games with Gold? You seriously haven't wanted to play anything from Plus?

elektrixx

Banned
Maybe the future of Xbox One's games will be free to play versions of existing games.

Here's an idea. Forza 5 free to play. You can't level up without tokens.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.

Thats what I really like about GwG a lot more than PS+, keeping the games forever.

Caayn

That's the aspect from GWG that I really like, you get to keep your games even if your subscription expires. That said Iron Brigade is the only game so far that I didn't already own and have actually played once it became free.

My opinion:
Content wise PS+ is the better platform but GWG has the better and more consumer friendly policies.

Amneisac

Thats what I really like about GwG a lot more than PS+, keeping the games forever.

While I agree that it's better to own a game forever rather than rent it, a game I actually want to own forever I will buy. For stuff like the games on psplus and gwg, id rather have the best games available to play and forget about.

Psplus games have been objectively better I think. I would trade the ability to own shittier games for playing better games.

DarkCloud

So i guess that the extra discounts for this half month period will be Blood Money, and Hitman 2/3 HD. If they drop as low as some have in the past I'll grab the whole series.

Top Bottom